Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You're missing the point - Blizzard are fairly irrelevant to China as they are insignificant to the economically and provide a service that can easily be replicated.
    Access to a Market 3-4 times bigger then the USA is relevant to Blizzard.

Blizzard organising an event is not disruptive to the event Blizz are organising, that seems really obvious. People who go to Blizzard's LGBT pride event are expecting Blizzard's LGBT pride event. People who go to a Hearthstone event are not necessarily expecting Blitzchungs Political Statement.
    And people watching Blitzchung statement only loss less than 30 Seconds of there time.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're telling me that Blizzards Revenue from China is insignificant?
    No, reread this because I don't want to explain it again.

yet you're angry about ALL youtubers outraged at this because they work for Google, Hypocrite much?
    Ahm, serious question do you understand the word hypocrite?

Blizzard employees protesting blizzard. Not hypocrites.

Youtubers getting money from google and amazon protesting blizzard. Hypocrites.

And Neither will you.
    I have but you just can't understand the answers I fear.

30 seconds non violent Political Statement is apparently disruptive but not Blizzard Flamboyantly supporting LGBT Rights. Got it.
    I doubt you got it, but maybe this time you agree that I've answered your question.

LMAO you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    So china isn't bullying companies to abide their rules? Is that your stance now?

Who said anything about Companies Changing Foreign Policy?
    So you agree that targetting companies will achieve nothing and is therefore useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, reread this because I don't want to explain it again.
    Says the person making Disingenuous Arguments.

Ahm, serious question do you understand the word hypocrite?

Blizzard employees protesting blizzard. Not hypocrites.

Youtubers getting money from google and amazon protesting blizzard. Hypocrites.
    LMAO are you serious?

I have but you just can't understand the answers I fear.
    Sure.

I doubt you got it, but maybe this time you agree that I've answered your question.
    You didn't.

So china isn't bullying companies to abide their rules? Is that your stance now?
    Nope nor did I ever suggest that.

So you agree that targetting companies will achieve nothing and is therefore useless?
    So you do think HK protestors are stupid.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    snip
    This is like talking to a badly programmed bot.

What a waste of time.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

This is like talking to a badly programmed bot.

What a waste of time.
    Says the person who doesn't even seem to understand the word Hypocrite and seemingly pretends that Blizzard Employees who Protested aren't getting paid by Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Says the person who doesn't even seem to understand the word Hypocrite and seemingly pretends that Blizzard Employees who Protested aren't getting paid by Blizzard.
    Dude, blizzard employees protesting blizzard are risking their payment. I'm sorry, I have seen dense on this forum but you surely take the lead now.

Again LGBT rights.
    Okay, who was the streamer who made an impromptu Political Statement supporting LGBT rights?

False Dilemma Fallacy
    Fallacy Fallacy - other than the fact you're using it wrong you seem to think that by vomiting out that phrase you're winning points when all you're doing is proving you don't have anything to support the claim that Blizz would act differently in a similar situation not involving China.

And again We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason. Your point being?
    My point being that a Political Statement made in this way is a clear violation of the rule no matter how much you complain about it being too vague.

Dude, blizzard employees protesting blizzard are risking their payment.
    And? They're still getting paid by Blizzard.

I'm sorry, I have seen dense on this forum but you surely take the lead now.
    And you're a Hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, who was the streamer who made an impromptu Political Statement supporting LGBT rights?
    You're suggesting they banned players for Supporting LGBT rights now?

Fallacy Fallacy - other than the fact you're using it wrong you seem to think that by vomiting out that phrase you're winning points when all you're doing is proving you don't have anything to support the claim that Blizz would act differently in a similar situation not involving China.
    You're making a Fallacious argument.

My point being that a Political Statement made in this way is a clear violation of the rule no matter how much you complain about it being too vague.
    Okay and We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, blizzard employees protesting blizzard are risking their payment. I'm sorry, I have seen dense on this forum but you surely take the lead now.
    They do take a risk. But if they get fired due to this, they can probaly make more money out of lawsuit, than working there for many more years.

[QUOTE=szechuan;51742310]Access to a Market 3-4 times bigger then the USA is relevant to Blizzard.

Let's try this again. Blizzard are irrelevant to China. Despite where the faux-outrage is mostly being directed it's actually China who are acting like the big baddies here with their oppressive government and brutal suppression of the Hong Kong protestors. If somehow this persuades Blizzard to cut all business with China then China will barely notice or care. If people actually cared about what China were doing they would be aiming their outrage at companies who are significant to China like Google, Apple and other manufacturers who use China's cheap labour force or abundant raw materials.

Just so it's clear, China having a significant market for Blizzard is not the same as Blizzard making a significant economic difference to China

And people watching Blitzchung statement only loss less than 30 Seconds of there time.
    Really, after 30 seconds the whole matter was forgotten and nobody ever mentioned it again? I don't think that's how Political Statements work...

Fighting against an authoritarian commie shithole, that harvests organs and puts innocent people in concentration camps is vastly more important than following blizzard's vague and shitty rules. They made things political themselves a long time ago anyways.

https://twitter.com/ben_orlebeke/sta...04311620349953
    https://nicchiban.nichegamer.com/201...uth-china-sea/

But leave it to tankies to even defend the fucked up shit that China does

Let's try this again. Blizzard are irrelevant to China.
    China isn't Irrelevant to blizzard which Hilariously you're ignoring.

Despite where the faux-outrage is mostly being directed it's actually China who are acting like the big baddies here with their oppressive government and brutal suppression of the Hong Kong protestors.
    And China still has Influence over Blizzard.

If somehow this persuades Blizzard to cut all business with China then China will barely notice or care.
    Blizzard will care.

If people actually cared about what China were doing they would be aiming their outrage at companies who are significant to China like Google, Apple and other manufacturers who use China's cheap labour force or abundant raw materials.
    And plenty of people are aware of that too and Criticizing them for it.

Just so it's clear, China having a significant market for Blizzard is not the same as Blizzard making a significant economic difference to China
    Who said they had to?

Really, after 30 seconds the whole matter was forgotten and nobody ever mentioned it again? I don't think that's how Political Statements work...
    Who said anything about statements being Forgotten, I was talking about Time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They do take a risk. But if they get fired due to this, they can probaly make more money out of lawsuit, than working there for many more years.
    Depends on their contract.

You're suggesting they banned players for Supporting LGBT rights now?
    No. You're saying that players have been allowed to make impromptu "Political" Statements supporting LGBT rights on Blizzard stream without censure, I'm asking for any examples.

You're making a Fallacious argument.
    No I'm not. You're making a claim that Blizzard act differently with this rule if China is involved but when asked for supporting evidence (i.e. a competitor making a similar statement but avoiding censure) you just shout Fallacy and ignore my point.

Okay and We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason.
    Whilst it's true that these sorts of clauses are often kept vague so companies can react to unforeseen situations that is irrelevant as a Political Statement on an issue that is clearly very divisive within China is obviously one of the core reasons behind the rule.

No. You're saying that players have been allowed to make impromptu "Political" Statements supporting LGBT rights on Blizzard stream without censure, I'm asking for any examples.
    yet you're suggesting they will Censor them otherwise.

No I'm not. You're making a claim that Blizzard act differently with this rule if China is involved but when asked for supporting evidence (i.e. a competitor making a similar statement but avoiding censure) you just shout Fallacy and ignore my point.
    I'm not, you're making a Fallacy, You can't prove something that hasn't HAPPENED yet. You're suggesting that competitors who make other Political Statements about Current Political events will get Banned.

Can't prove something that hasn't happened.

Whilst it's true that these sorts of clauses are often kept vague so companies can react to unforeseen situations that is irrelevant as a Political Statement on an issue that is clearly very divisive within China is obviously one of the core reasons behind the rule.
    And that is why Blizzard is also getting backlash.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 10:02 AM.

China isn't Irrelevant to blizzard which Hilariously you're ignoring.
    Because that's completely irrelevant if you actually give a shit about China's human rights abuses instead of wanting to join an outrage bandwagon because you're mad about video games.

And China still has Influence over Blizzard.
    See above.

Blizzard will care.
    So what? Blizzard caring about losing a bit of business isn't going to do anything for the Hong Kong protestors or other victims of China's human rights abuses.

And plenty of people are aware of that too and Criticizing them for it.
    Well good for them, that's a much more sensible place to concentrate energy than this YouTube click-bait outrage-train.

Who said they had to?
    It seems to be a point that confuses you.

Who said anything about statements being Forgotten, I was talking about Time.
    But if it isn't forgotten the influence might go beyond those 30 seconds...

Because that's completely irrelevant if you actually give a shit about China's human rights abuses
    And Blizzard listening to China is considered Support of their human rights abuses.

instead of wanting to join an outrage bandwagon because you're mad about video games.
    People are mad At a Video Game Company who said anything about Video Games?
    I thought you would know the difference by now.

So what? Blizzard caring about losing a bit of business isn't going to do anything for the Hong Kong protestors or other victims of China's human rights abuses.
    Yet Blizzard still cares enough to listen to China to so they can stay in the market.

Well good for them, that's a much more sensible place to concentrate energy than this YouTube click-bait outrage-train.
    If you think this is nonsensical you would be wrong.

It seems to be a point that confuses you.
    Wrong.

But if it isn't forgotten the influence might go beyond those 30 seconds...
    How dare someone Influence others?

yet you're suggesting they will Censor them otherwise.
    I'm saying that if you want to call Blizzard hypocritical for enforcing the rule in this case then you should be able to point out similar cases where they acted differently, significantly where a player broke that rule and were not censured.

I'm not, you're making a Fallacy, You can't prove something that hasn't HAPPENED yet. You're suggesting that competitors who make other Political Statements about Current Political events will get Banned.

Can't prove something that hasn't happened.
    No, I'm saying that claims that Blizzard are only acting this way because China is involved are bullshit with no supporting evidence. You're placing way too much importance on your high-school debating classes thinking that you can win imaginary points as long as you keep shouting "Fallacy."

And that is why Blizzard is also getting backlash.
    Because you think Blizz's e-sport tournaments should allow players to make political statements? If that's your stance then I'm not going to argue against it as I don't really follow e-sports and if you want them to be a forum for debating the merits of border walls or impeachment etc then that's fine, I mostly take issue with the unfounded accusations of hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizzard listening to China is considered Support of their human rights abuses.
    You have yet to show that this is a matter of Blizzard listening to China and not just them enforcing the rule.

People are mad At a Video Game Company who said anything about Video Games?
    I thought you would know the difference by now.
    People are mad because of video games not being a forum for political protest, sorry Political Statements, although the swell of nerd rage suggests it's mostly people who are mad at Blizzard for other reasons thinking this is a good way to make a fuss.

If you think this is nonsensical you would be wrong.
    Oh good, the discussion has reached the "no you" stage.

How dare someone Influence others?
    Your claim that it was not disruptive is based on the fact it only affects people for the 30 seconds the protest, sorry "Political Statement," was on the screen.

I'm saying that if you want to call Blizzard hypocritical for enforcing the rule in this case then you should be able to point out similar cases where they acted differently, significantly where a player broke that rule and were not censured.
    Again they acted Differently to LGBT and other progressive causes.

No, I'm saying that claims that Blizzard are only acting this way because China is involved are bullshit with no supporting evidence. You're placing way too much importance on your high-school debating classes thinking that you can win imaginary points as long as you keep shouting "Fallacy."
    It's because you did make a Fallacy.

I mostly take issue with the unfounded accusations of hypocrisy.
    This Hypocrisy is not unfounded, Blizzard literally went against what they say they stand for which is Human Rights.

People are mad because of video games not being a forum for political protest, sorry Political Statements, although the swell of nerd rage suggests it's mostly people who are mad at Blizzard for other reasons thinking this is a good way to make a fuss.
    Video Game Companies.

Your claim that it was not disruptive is based on the fact it only affects people for the 30 seconds the protest, sorry "Political Statement," was on the screen.
    Okay, tell me what was so Disruptive about 30 Seconds of a NonViolent Political Statement about Human Rights as opposed to Blizzard Fully supporting LGBT and other Progressive Causes like Changing Tracer's Butt Pose because some people complained that Tracer's Butt Pose was too Sexy.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 10:33 AM.

Again they acted Differently to LGBT causes.
    Sweet, so who was the competitor who made an impromptu Political Statement that you feel could have been punished under the same rule as Blitzchung?

It's because you did make a Fallacy.
    Awesome, have 10 imaginary points in lieu of actually making point.

This Hypocrisy is not unfounded, Blizzard literally went against what they say they stand for which is Human Rights.
    They enforced a rule that had been in place long before this tournament, and until you can show otherwise it's consistent with how that rule is usually enforced.

Okay, tell me what was so Disruptive about 30 Seconds of a NonViolent Political Statement about Human Rights as opposed to Blizzard Fully supporting LGBT and other Progressive Causes like Changing Tracer's Butt Pose because some people complained that Tracer's Butt Pose was too Sexy.
    The fact that it was a Political Statement that was controversial with a lot of the audience - are you honestly saying that Blitzchung didn't expect their Political Statement not to cause some sort of disruption?

Also what has Tracer's butt got to do with this?