Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Small cameras are allowed, youtuber still gets kicked out. They apply cenzorship still.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Small cameras are allowed, youtuber still gets kicked out. They apply cenzorship still.

Most likely to avoid possible disruption as they believe the person is part of the protest?
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Yeah...they didnt even have a balls to apologise in right way. It just show how corrupt they are and they want money.
    Oh give me a break "tHeY dIdNt ApOlOgIzE tHe RiGhT wAy"

Aren't y'all done with your faux outrage yet?

Yeah...they didnt even have a balls to apologise in right way. It just show how corrupt they are and they want money.
    They made a valid apology, even half the suspension and let him keep the money.

The apology you and many others want is, "FUCK CHINA, FREE HONG KONG!" - not good for a company that stands to lose millions if they said so, and having to fire more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They made a valid apology, even half the suspension and let him keep the money.

The apology you and many others want is, "FUCK CHINA, FREE HONG KONG!" - not good for a company that stands to lose millions if they said so, and having to fire more people.
    I'm not so sure about that "many others," really, at least not here. This thread is kept alive by maybe 1 or 2 people actually arguing against Blizzard, the rest is just replies to them. And even then, there aren't many. Most people have already moved on from this, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not so sure about that "many others," really, at least not here. This thread is kept alive by maybe 1 or 2 people actually arguing against Blizzard, the rest is just replies to them. And even then, there aren't many. Most people have already moved on from this, it seems.
    Most likely. Even so, title is outdated, the information is outdated but just, with people's attitude, they almost expect it to happen.

And I'll proceed to laugh at them when I see so many protestors using devices and such, having stronger connection with China than Blizzard.

Yes, maybe that's because they don't want protestards to ruin their celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yes, maybe that's because they don't want protestards to ruin their celebration?
    What about the Hypetards in the audience?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    What about the Hypetards in the audience?
    they paid to see the games, not the hongkong outcrybabies

So just to make it clear:
    Sign says, among other things, that Selfie sticks, Tripods, and other items are not allowed. Dreamcast guy walks in, with a camera attached on a tripod... is ordered to leave and come back after putting it into the hotel room. I do honestly not see the issue here...
    Last edited by josykay; 2019-11-02 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So just to make it clear:
    Sign says, among other things, that Selfie sticks, Tripods, and other items are not allowed. Dreadcast guy walks in, with a camera attached on a tripod... is ordered to leave and come back after putting it into the hotel room. I do honestly not see the issue here...
    He was told he couldn't Film even with a small camera.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    He was told he couldn't Film even with a small camera.
    According to him... while running around with a tripod attached camera.... which is explicitly forbidden, no matter the size of the camera?

Protestards.....LMAO!!!

Brack was so vague that if you don't know the backstory, you wouldn't know why he apologized...

Dunno if you coined it but that is a great term.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh give me a break "tHeY dIdNt ApOlOgIzE tHe RiGhT wAy"

Aren't y'all done with your faux outrage yet?
    He never apologized during the entire spiel.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Brack was so vague that if you don't know the backstory, you wouldn't know why he apologized...
    That's nice. I guess it's too bad that literally everyone knew what he was talking about.

There was an interview in PC gamer which I think touch on the core of the matter.

https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-pre.../#comment-jump

Q: There's been a suspicion that China and your Chinese business had an influence on the decision and the statement Blizzard made. Can you confirm for me on the record whether NetEase or any of your Chinese partners didn't have any sort of influence on your decision in this incident?

A: Okay, glad you asked that because I'd love to be very clear. The first thing that I want to talk about is that there is a massive amount of either confusion or non-understanding around what the regulations are in China. Blizzard is not legally allowed to operate or to publish games in China. You must have a partner. That is the regulation, that is law. NetEase is our partner. NetEase is not a government agency, NetEase is a company. They are the publisher. One of the things that has kind of come up around this is the Blizzard Weibo post and the text around that. We are not legally allowed to operate those channels. We are not legally allowed to contribute. That is a NetEase decision, they are the publisher in China.

Was NetEase in conversation around this issue? They were, certainly. As were the [Blizzard] Taiwan team, as was the Hearthstone leadership team, as was the esports team. All those various constituencies came together and one of the things that we said was we acted very rapidly and we acted very quickly. And that's certainly the failure of this story is those groups coming together and deciding in a very short amount of time what the right action to take forward was.

Q: So the Weibo post that talked about defending "the pride" of China was written by NetEase?

A: Correct. We did not authorize it. We did not approve it. We would not have approved it had they asked.
    This is the kind of statement I at least have been waiting for.
    Why did it take 3 weeks to say this?
    Last edited by Danner; 2019-11-03 at 07:31 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    There was an interview in PC gamer which I think touch on the core of the matter.

https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-pre.../#comment-jump

This is the kind of statement I at least have been waiting for.
    To little to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I'm guessing at this point after all of this that has happened blizzard is being verrrrrrrry careful on anything they want to say pr wise. Even with what they have current said and done they are getting heavy criticism from the public.... most of them won't believe any form of denial and most (if not all) statements of denying anything relating to this will only confirm their believes (for example almost no one believes them when they said that their decision to ban that champion wasn't related to their relationship with china). They may have been on the fence whether or not to bother to deny that they had any say in what NetEase had said about this situation fearing that it may have just further fanned the flames rather then helped at all.
    Last edited by Zinstorm; 2019-11-03 at 07:46 AM.