Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Where did I say that? This is the problem. You only see what you want to see and anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is the enemy.
    There's no such thing as a "good communist" if that's what you're thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Again where did I say that? Why do you need to invent statements? That is one part of the larger problem.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    So, let me get this straight...

Its alright for Blizzard to do business with China? Yes or No?
    Because everything was fine for Blizzard before this situation.

Basically...was Blizzard always walking on thin ice by the fact they make business with china?

All it took was one man to say something...and now everything went to shit for Blizzard?

Because by him speaking and opening his mouth...Blizzard must take a stand in corporate activism against chinese government?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The corporate handbook to fixing this PR issue says to deflect to something else altogether. So that means Blizzard will (within a week or two) announce a major humanitarian aid mission sponsored by the company to some starving third-world nation like Haiti. Then you devote the opening ceremony to the new Blizzard Haiti Relief Program. No-one can boo them then.
    Diablo 4 announcement this weekend!!!!

Wow, crazy! Nothing happened!

You people are ridiculous, no it's not okay to try and use a neutral platform to express your political unhappiness causing big harm to said neutral platform in the process. Dude directly violated Blizzard's rules and punishment was enforced, they did not take either stance by enforcing this rule.

Good for the guy that he wants to make a change and improve his situation but don't do it at expense of others, others that did not agree to your actions, others that would have to suffer consequences for actions you decided to force on them, it is crazy to think that is okay, that is next level hypocrisy.

Free speech goes both ways, people are enraged that guys freedom of speech was rekt but Blizzard is not allowed to make their own choice whether to stay neutral or to pick a side, no they are somehow morally obligated to do what the 2019 snowflakes think is right, thats crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Dude actually said this.

Unbelievable.
    I don't think you understand the lengths people will go to on these forums to suck up to authoritarians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I don't think you understand the lengths people will go to on these forums to suck up to authoritarians.
    It is more an example of the lengths people will go to to remain ignorant. Pointing out that a rogue moderator shut down r/Blizzard and that the front page is full of memes and criticisms of Blizzard and support for Blitzchung is not sucking up to authoritarians. But hey keep being ignorant and insulting those who don't jump on the outrage wagon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    If Blizzard were to speak out in favor of what China is doing, THAT would be a reason to hate them. But this? No. This is them trying NOT to get involved.

Expecting Blizzard to abandon its markets in China is incredibly stupid.
    So basically you have paid zero attention to what Blizzard has actually said about this? Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a yes? Are you heading down to your local recruiter right now to sign up and fight ww3?
    Speaking out against what is happening in Hong Kong isn't a call for WW3. What the hell is wrong with you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Finally someone makes a great point. You are indeed the first one showing any signs of superior intellect (>_<)

So it was a tournament taking place in China with Blizzard responsible for it.
    Now that makes everything more complicated.

Why is no one talking about this point of view?

I agree this would place Blizzard in a hard spot to be in...
    Because Blizzard didn't have to enforce their own rules in the manner that they did nor did they have to say the things they have about the situation which practically word for word mirrors China's view of what is happening in Hong Kong. Again this is what people are taking issue with.

Still people argueing that Blizzard is trying to be apolitical. Are you done inventing shit you morons, Blizzard is political all over the world. Read the very first statement officialy from blizzard in Chinese after the event:

"We are very angered and disappointed at what happened at the event and do not condone it in any way. We also highly object the spreading of personal political beliefs in this manner...We will always respect and defend the pride of our country."
    Yes clearly Blizzard is apolitical boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Note: I would be in full support of a full boycott on all business done in China. But what people are passively or actively suggesting here is that Blizzard should be willing to spearhead such a boycott, and that, I think, is silly. It would have no actual affect on China and would only hurt Blizzard (with the added "benefit" of gaining public support for their action for maybe a month or two until people forget and go back to not caring).
    It has been pointed out repeatedly why a boycott of products made in China wouldn't work. This is straight up trolling. Stop it .

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Still people argueing that Blizzard is trying to be apolitical. Are you done inventing shit you morons, Blizzard is political all over the world. Read the very first statement officialy from blizzard in Chinese after the event:

Yes clearly Blizzard is apolitical boys!
    I mean...just dig a bit deeper and their existence in the Chinese market is inherently political. Companies must receive signoff from the Chinese government and abide by their draconian rules, which means that any company entering that market is making political decisions to appease the Chinese government in their desire for bigger markets and more money.

You literally can't be a foreign company in China without "getting political".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    You people are ridiculous, no it's not okay to try and use a neutral platform to express your political unhappiness causing big harm to said neutral platform in the process. Dude directly violated Blizzard's rules and punishment was enforced, they did not take either stance by enforcing this rule.

Good for the guy that he wants to make a change and improve his situation but don't do it at expense of others, others that did not agree to your actions, others that would have to suffer consequences for actions you decided to enforce on them, it is crazy to think that is okay, that is next level hypocrisy.

Free speech goes both ways, people are enraged that guys freedom of speech was rekt but Blizzard is not allowed to make their own choice whether to stay neutral or to pick a side, no they are somehow morally obligated to do what the 2019 snowflakes think is right, thats crazy.
    Blizzard was cenzorshiping people for a long time now. And not just for the political stuff mind you. People got banned on their forums for suggestions that would improve the games (call me crazy, but this did happen). As soon as there is money and work involved, they rather go banhammer.
    And then there are fanboys protectors, that destroy any good threads and get them locked. Or they bait people till they get permabanned.

This is one of many reasons why people dislike Blizzard and support the player, that was banned for the cash gain. And a sport is no sport if the players cant experes themselves. Players in sport are doing this type of protest all the time. As they know that competition rules are restrictive to human freedom.

I will give a few examples:
    *Muhammad Ali refused to enlist to fight for the US in the Vietnam War in 1967. Already a boxing superstar, Ali based his decision on his beliefs as a Muslim and his opposition to the war. Ali was arrested, later found guilty of draft evasion, stripped of his titles, and had his fighting license suspended. Ali was out of the ring for three years until his conviction was overturned in 1971.*

*One of the most famous sporting protests was in 1968, when the Olympics in Mexico were rocked by Tommie Smith and John Carlos with their Black Power salutes following the final of the men's 200-meter sprint. Both athletes bowed their heads and raised black-gloved fists on the podium while the US national anthem played, a move that outraged millions of Americans.*

*The Black Lives Matter movement has been at the forefront of various protests and campaigns in the US recent years. One of the most prominent was in 2014 when LeBron James and fellow NBA players Kyrie Irving, Jarret Jack and Kevin Garnett wore “I can't breathe" shirts in reference to the last words of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who died after a police officer had placed him in a chokehold.*

*American footballer Colin Kaepernick knelt during the US anthem in 2016, sparking the now famous #TakeAKnee campaign in a protest against racial inequality and gun violence. President Donald Trump heavily criticized Kaepernick and the growing movement, which led to increasing anger from the players and many US citizens alike.*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But guys

It was a tournament taking place IN China.
    This is a whole different story now that i know this (lol sorry)

Just because it was a Blizzard organized event...doesnt mean that it is a "safe haven" to disrespect the country's laws where the tournament was taking place.

I think its a whole different situation now that (silly me) knows it was a tourny taking place in actual China.
    He broke the law of the country he was on...placing Blizzard in a tough situation to be in...
    Blizzard put Blizzard in a tough situation. Stop fucking letting them off the hook.

- - - Updated - - -

We could do that but China will still not budge an inch on this issue. They will never allow foreign nations to openly support insurrection inside China.
    Yet China is very possibly going to be interfering in matters in the United States. But that is a-ok right?

Freedom of Speech
    Made In China
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which again shows my point. You only care because it is China. Any other world problems should not be mentioned because they are not important enough to you. So they should rightfully be banned. Even more so when it comes from the "west". That is being a hypocrite. Only your problems are important enough to make rules not apply but everything else should definitely be censored just because.

- - - Updated - - -

China is enslaving a group of people by one person violating a gaming tournaments rules? Again further shows how you only care because of China. The problems of the west don't matter so can't be protested against at all. Deserve to be censored. Deserved to have people enslaved because money is more important when dealing with western world issues.

But with China it is automatically evil. If you truly care about tyrants you would be against no matter where in the world it takes place.
    Again what the fuck is wrong with you people? Look at what is happening in Hong Kong. Actually fucking look. Stop defending this bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yup, which is one of the reason why I said any business with china will be political. If this was hosted in mainland china, Blitzchung will not be seen ever again.
    And sadly many people in this thread would probably defend even that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    I'm not defending China.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you people ?
    A competitive event isn't the place to do politics shenanigans. It was crystal clear in the rules of the event. He broke the rules, he pay the price. It has nothing to do with China and everything in respecting a contract.

If you want to be all political, send thought and prayer on facebook and twitter like everyone else.
    Again Blizzard was political with how they handled this situation. They used politics to defuse it to appease China. How is this so difficult to comprehend? Like I said politics is a part of many things especially in entertainment media. It isn't going away and companies are going to react things like this politically.

For those who are still trying to play dumb: what Blizzard did was just as political if not more so than the player they punished for doing the same thing. Stop with the bullshit. This is NOT about taking politics out of gaming.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-10-09 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Blizzard was cenzorshiping people for a long time now. And not just for the political stuff mind you. People got banned on their forums for suggestions that would improve the games (call me crazy, but this did happen). As soon as there is money and work involved, they rather go banhammer.
    And then there are fanboys protectors, that destroy any good threads and get them locked. Or they bait people till they get permabanned.

This is one of many reasons why people dislike Blizzard and support the player, that was banned for the cash gain. And a sport is no sport if the players cant experes themselves. Players in sport are doing this type of protest all the time. As they know that competition rules are restrictive to human freedom.
    It's not a competition rule that is restricting human freedom in this case, the government he is protesting is, that is a big difference. Competition rule simply ban political talk, all political talk, not just the side that the player is taking.
    Don't get me wrong I don't think Blizzard is perfect and holy but this particular case is just crazy to me, they did not ban this guy for his political view, they banned there being talk of politics in the first place, which their rule forbid.

And how is it okay for Blizzard to suffer monetary consequences for a choice they did not make whilst trying to stay neutral?

It is perfectly within Blizzard rights to stay neutral on this whole subject, that is their choice to make, is it not ?
    Last edited by Ellger; 2019-10-09 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Like I said, the geopolitics are murky, because PRC says they have sovereignty over the ROC.

And the situation in Hong Kong is just as murky, if not moreso.

It makes this a very difficult situation for Blizzard to navigate because there are the competing interests of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Mainland China all involved, and China has enormous political and economic influence they can exert over Blizzard.
    There is nothing murky about this. Blizzard silenced someone that made China look bad. This is seriously not something that should be hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because Blizzard didn't have to enforce their own rules in the manner that they did nor did they have to say the things they have about the situation which practically word for word mirrors China's view of what is happening in Hong Kong. Again this is what people are taking issue with.
    How would you like if I asked you permission to go to your house
    You accept
    And then i disrespect you on your own home?

By Blizzard "doing nothing" it would be a big "fuck you" to entire china, the place where the tournament was taking place.
    China allowed this tournament to take place there and to air.

And on top of that, you are "ok" with Blizzard doing business with china BUT then you want Blizzard to disrespect entire china in a tournament taking place there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Because they egged him on to say the inflammatory statement, then jokingly ducked off camera.

Arguably they are more responsible than the player, since they are directly under their employ.
    The "inflammatory" statement? Are you fucking serious? I'm starting to think a lot of you posting in this thread know fuck all about what the actual issues here are.