Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its pretty simple. Just boycott blizzard. They will get the message. The groups of people going with the account deletion are a fine example of what you can do.

https://screenrant.com/blizzard-prev...ting-accounts/
    That doesn’t address the issue of blizzard having no power or influence over China’s government.

It just fucking over a US company because of a shit partner and foreign government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I really hope the Mei thing catches on, and OW gets banned in China.

Because that's a genius form of protest.
    Yeah. This is why I love the internet. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Now we just need a wow character to become a symbol for Hong Kong, i support making Anduin the figure of that!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/t...-kong-app.html

So let's see here....A gaming company enforced a rule in a event they hosted against a player who knew he was going to break that rule for his own beliefs thus dragging the company into the current PR shitstorm and finger pointing them bend a knee and more of money over morals company, thus an online fiasco of boycotting their products...ok you do you...that's your right honestly...

NOW if we apply the same logic to Apple....which btw is pretty obvious that action is FAAAARRRR MOOOORRRREEE harmful than what Blizzard did in any way, shape or form....can I start seeing people breaking their apple produced phones, pads, macs and posting pictures of themselves doing so...

I mean a principal is a principal...right? no excuse that you need that phone/product for your work/personal use and that your life has to go on and it wont do a thing...there are people suffering and hurt over there you better stand up to an actual human right abuse enabler represented in Apple with that action they took....

....or are you just an online hypocrite keyboard warrior? as long it aligns with your online facade moral narrative but not your actual life?
    Last edited by ShadeknightX; 2019-10-10 at 07:13 PM.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

Hey, quick question. If Bliztchung had voiced support for the CCP, do you still think he would have been punished or punished as severely?

Also, this may shock you, but people are capable of caring about more than one thing at a time. Wild, I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Fucking over the Chinese players to own a gov that does not give a shit!

No I don't think the DPRK is a marvelous place, and lets not use my choice of name as a representation of anything.
    My bad on using Korea is an overall example, my intent was to show examples of differing governments imposing their will overseas or out of bounds.

I'm for free speech but it ain't perfect. There's a gun problems, race problem, the news just spits on hate for your prez, Canadian leaders break the law, #meetoo movements, crucifixion via public opinion, jail problems, imbalanced justice systems etc. There's plenty of problems at home that need attention instead of trying to fix another countries problems. (who again did their lease on their land, added a 50 year transition period of 2 systems one country and ultimately want part of what was theirs back).

Again, I have no idea ultimately how you make 2 vastly different systems work, but right now you got too really Prideful countries going at it and no one wants to back down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That doesn’t address the issue of blizzard having no power or influence over China’s government.

It just fucking over a US company because of a shit partner and foreign government.
    Considering they're using US companies to spread their propaganda (see ESPN/Disney) and vision, then hurting those companies is indeed going to affect China's venue of manipulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorion View Post
    Hey, quick question. If Bliztchung had voiced support for the CCP, do you still think he would have been punished or punished as severely?

Also, this may shock you, but people are capable of caring about more than one thing at a time. Wild, I know.
    The only other thing that would've caused a similar reaction would most likely have been him expressing support for Taiwan being independant. The Chinese goverment gets really pissed when you say that aswell.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Considering they're using US companies to spread their propaganda (see ESPN/Disney) and vision, then hurting those companies is indeed going to affect China's venue of manipulation.
    I can see it making a different boycotting Disney/ESPN but not so much with blizzard.

I still think that the time and energy being use to boycott blizzard can used on an organization of support that is directly involved with what’s going on in HK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Fucking over the Chinese players to own a gov that does not give a shit!
    I'm sure they'll have a clone game to play, assuming one doesn't already exist.

This is more about denying Blizzard of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I have a big problem with #4. That's just vindictive. This kind of reaction makes total sense if the player was cheating, but not as a reaction for a political stunt.
    Confiscation of winnings is literally the proscribed punishment listed in the rules. And not as a possible penalty, but an explicit "this will happen."

The ban was rather heavy handed, I understand the reasoning from a business sense but they could have handled this so much better than they did.

What does piss me off though is people going to extremes to really fuck over Blizzard employees that have nothing to do with the decision. One of my wife's friends is a coder at Blizzard and we were having a discussion about it last night, poor dude got doxxed and now has to deal with recurring death threats. Criticising Blizzard and boycotting their products is fair game but you have to be a special kind of stupid to think death threats to Blizzard employees is a suitable way to fight injustices.

I'm sure they'll have a clone game to play, assuming one doesn't already exist.

This is more about denying Blizzard of revenue.
    This is China we're talking about. Bootlegging is 2nd nature.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I can see it making a different boycotting Disney/ESPN but not so much with blizzard.

I still think that the time and energy being use to boycott blizzard can used on an organization of support that is directly involved with what’s going on in HK.
    It didn't start as much with Disney in terms of content change and censorship and now they're blatantly spreading propaganda. It's better off to boycott Blizzard as the same regardless.

Also you can do both you know. Especially with expenses already paid like Blizzcon. As for actually directly contributing though, that's kind of a hard one. At the moment I don't know of any practical way of supporting them monetarily, at least not so easily. There were already crowdfunding events in the millions to cover various bills, but that was a couple months ago. Sorry that I can't remember how or where to exactly to but people were sending equipment like gas mask and such supplies was a thing. Unsure what avenue to go about there.

The best most people can do here is to indirectly hurt China, it's not much but fuck China.

This shitstorm just makes me laugh actually. Blizzard just applied one of their rules. People didn't cared about what's going on in Hong Kong, and most of them didn't even knew what was happening until this Hearthstone player got banned. Unsub, boycott. Feel free to fight like true freedom fighters ! Just don't forget what the "Made in China" inscription on almost every electrical devices, cloths or other items you own mean. This is hypocrisis at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    This shitstorm just makes me laugh actually. Blizzard just applied one of their rules. People didn't cared about what's going on in Hong Kong, and most of them didn't even knew what was happening until this Hearthstone player got banned.
    Well, it has apparently been good for the view counts of grifters and shitbags like Tim Pool and Jeremy Hambly (and everyone else who makes a living "reporting" on drama on youtube), based on the videos being spammed by the poster above. So something good has come out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    The ban was rather heavy handed, I understand the reasoning from a business sense but they could have handled this so much better than they did.

What does piss me off though is people going to extremes to really fuck over Blizzard employees that have nothing to do with the decision. One of my wife's friends is a coder at Blizzard and we were having a discussion about it last night, poor dude got doxxed and now has to deal with recurring death threats. Criticising Blizzard and boycotting their products is fair game but you have to be a special kind of stupid to think death threats to Blizzard employees is a suitable way to fight injustices.
    This is my argument too. Something like this really brings the roaches out in full forces, showing what animals people can be all in a twisted self moral code they think is making a difference. They aren't of course, it's just screwing over other innocent people caught in the crossfire, and the ones responsible for it won't have anything happen to them even if rabid fans caused the company to collapse, Activision will just keep doing what it does regardless

Or... stick with me here... OR maybe people's interest in Blizzard's products and their disgust at the CCP's actions haven't intersected until just now.

Further, it's much easier to go without what is essentially a toy than it is to go without, say, clothes. Ignoring that some of us do actively avoid buying products from China when and where we can, but hey. If you wanna pat yourself on the back for being above taking a stand against human rights abuses, that's your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    This shitstorm just makes me laugh actually. Blizzard just applied one of their rules. People didn't cared about what's going on in Hong Kong, and most of them didn't even knew what was happening until this Hearthstone player got banned. Unsub, boycott. Feel free to fight like true freedom fighters ! Just don't forget what the "Made in China" inscription on almost every electrical devices, cloths or other items you own mean. This is hypocrisis at its finest.
    Yep. Again, the reactions to this, all it does is hurt the poor guy on the ground level while the heads just laugh it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inglorion View Post
    Or... stick with me here... OR maybe people's interest in Blizzard's products and their disgust at the CCP's actions haven't intersected until just now.

Further, it's much easier to go without what is essentially a toy than it is to go without, say, clothes. Ignoring that some of us do actively avoid buying products from China when and where we can, but hey. If you wanna pat yourself on the back for being above taking a stand against human rights abuses, that's your business.
    Your on a high horse yourself, hypocrite. And your not making any real difference to this. Yeah it's a shit deal, but no amount of crying on Twitter or refusing to not buy clothes from China will stop its influence when the next 10 people behind you are buying stuff from China.