Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Of course they do. They're doing it on principle to show how BS Blizzard is acting right now.
    If they actually cared they'd get off youtube. Because Google has done far far far worse. Blizzard all they did was ban a guy.

Google actually put lives in danger by removing applications the protestors were using to avoid police and communicate with each other. Much like apple. You by linking these videos are helping a company that has done shit worse than blizzard.

Also let's not talk about the quartering let's talk about Heelsvsbabyface who you also love to spam the fuck out of. He left wow, realised his community abandoned him and now will flood his channel with anything that will make Blizzard look bad because that's the only way he can stop himself actually getting his fat arse out of the house to do find work. He has been shown up so many times especially when he put commercials every 3-4 minutes on his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You can be wrong all you want, it doesn’t change the results.
    And you can be as ignorant as you want and pretend Hate Groups had nothing to do with Gamergate when there is more then enough factual evidence out there of there involvement.

In the aftermath all of the targeted outlets changed their disclosure policies
    That's it? LMAO.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    If eSports want to be taken seriously, they like Sports have to keep politics out, people tune in to take a break from politics, and athletes compete on equal opportunity regardless of what their respective governments do, they compete as individuals

If one wants to accept politics one agrees with, one would have to put up with politics one disagrees with..
    Blizzard needs to be firm, but fair, ban everyone who uses the eSports as a political bullhorn...not go overkill on one person n then ignore others who do the same thing. Also, they should react just as much to someone saying pro-China anti-secessionist rhetoric.
    The games should only be about GAMES, nothing else

Apply rules equally, and I have zero sympathy to the guy who got the ban, he did so knowing he broke the rules, I can't understand why there's a flood of sympathy for him, do people realize if they get their way, they'll in turn be subject to politics they themselves find objectionable?? What if, lets say a Turkish Hearthstone player calls Kurds terrorists?

So, don't throw rocks in glass houses...

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Is that why notable Alt-Right supporters were part of GG?
    Love how you ignored the point and just repeated the nonsense, verbatim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Love how you ignored the point and just repeated the nonsense, verbatim.
    The Point that Notable Alt Right Supporters were part of GG?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If eSports want to be taken seriously, they like Sports have to keep politics out, people tune in to take a break from politics, and athletes compete on equal opportunity regardless of what their respective governments do, they compete as individuals
    Sports is also clearly Political, Sports have being taken seriously and people have been speaking out about Politics in Sports too.

Blizzard needs to be firm, but fair, ban everyone who uses the eSports as a political bullhorn
    Blizzard themselves has used the platform to support Political causes too, it was hypocritical for them to ban someone for saying "Liberate Hong Kong, Revolution of our time" they were not accusing others of being Terrorists.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-18 at 07:42 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Sports is also clearly Political, Sports have being taken seriously and people have been speaking out about Politics in Sports too.
    Yup - not to mention that many of the Entertainment contests like the Oscars have people speaking out about politics as well... but Warner Brothers isn't angry because Robert DeNiro says "Fuck Trump" at the Oscars or wherever. Well, Donald Trump might be offended...

The reality is if somebody says something... anything... about politics, the real reaction of the viewer who doesn't care about politics is to simply roll their eyes, *snort*, and then move on with their lives - exactly the same that most people who don't care politically (again...most... not the internet 'crawlies') do when it happens in sports and the Entertainment Awards ceremonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    they put themselves into a PR nightmare by just focusing everyone's attention on their censoring
    Auto-filtering spam (which is what I assume is going on) in Twitch chat isn't a "PR nightmare," any more than auto-filtering random links, ascii spam, and shit fuck cunt bitch faggot etc, are. And it's only an issue because of the aforementioned youtube outrage-merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I don't think you actually watch pro sports, and you certainly don't watch world wide sports like the world cup or Olympics lmao.

Sports keeping politics out, nice joke mate. Sports where literally invented to be political.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-18 at 08:16 PM.

For anyone wanting to be updated on China news.
    Really depressing

Last edited by Roanda; 2019-10-18 at 08:25 PM.

Weird...Lawmakers condemn Apple, Activision Blizzard over censorship of Hong Kong protesters

Members of the House and Senate panned both Apple and Acitivison Blizzard over actions they said suppressed “criticism of the Chinese government in hopes of gaining higher profits.”

Apple has come under fire for its decision to remove from its app store HKMap.live, a volunteer-run crowdsourced app that tracts the protests in Hong Kong.

Activision Blizzard has also drawn criticism for suspending Hong Kong-based player Chung Ng Wai from competing in esports for a year and revoking his prize money after he endorsed the pro-democracy demonstrations in a post-game interview.

In a a separate letter to Activision Blizzard CEO Robert Kotick, lawmakers wrote: “As China amplifies its campaign of intimidation, you and your company must decide whether to look beyond the bottom line and promote American values—like freedom of speech and thought—or to give in to Beijing’s demands in order to preserve market access. We urge you in the strongest terms to reconsider your decision with respect to Mr. Chung.”

Blizzard Entertainment, which is owned by Activision Blizzard, said it will would reduce Chung's suspension to six months and let him keep the prize money.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Damn, here I thought things were going away and then suddenly this appeared, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Weird...Lawmakers condemn Apple, Activision Blizzard over censorship of Hong Kong protesters

Members of the House and Senate panned both Apple and Acitivison Blizzard over actions they said suppressed “criticism of the Chinese government in hopes of gaining higher profits.”

Apple has come under fire for its decision to remove from its app store HKMap.live, a volunteer-run crowdsourced app that tracts the protests in Hong Kong.

Activision Blizzard has also drawn criticism for suspending Hong Kong-based player Chung Ng Wai from competing in esports for a year and revoking his prize money after he endorsed the pro-democracy demonstrations in a post-game interview.

In a a separate letter to Activision Blizzard CEO Robert Kotick, lawmakers wrote: “As China amplifies its campaign of intimidation, you and your company must decide whether to look beyond the bottom line and promote American values—like freedom of speech and thought—or to give in to Beijing’s demands in order to preserve market access. We urge you in the strongest terms to reconsider your decision with respect to Mr. Chung.”

Blizzard Entertainment, which is owned by Activision Blizzard, said it will would reduce Chung's suspension to six months and let him keep the prize money.
    I kind of feel like Congress should have better things to do right now. I mean sure, it is bad and all, but frankly Blizzard can ban anything they like at their events, that is part of free speech too, even when they take the cowardly, profitable path. And frankly, banning something that can cause you to lose money sounds very much like American values to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I kind of feel like Congress should have better things to do right now. I mean sure, it is bad and all, but frankly Blizzard can ban anything they like at their events, that is part of free speech too, even when they take the cowardly, profitable path. And frankly, banning something that can cause you to lose money sounds very much like American values to me.
    To be fair, Cruz has spent plenty of time shitting on Kaepernick for exercising his freedom of speech, so it's not like he can't take time out of his busy schedule to be a dumbass.

Blizzard can't have it both ways either, they can't be for

EVERY VOICE MATTERS:
    Great ideas can come from anywhere. Blizzard Entertainment is what it is today because of the voices of our players and of each member of the company. Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas.

and

THINK GLOBALLY
    Everywhere on the planet there are people who play Blizzard Entertainment games. While respecting the cultural diversity that makes people unique, we strive to grow and support our global gaming community. We also seek the most passionate, talented people in the world to enrich our company and help us forge the future vision of Blizzard Entertainment.

And
    LGBT Rights

Then be against Someone Stating their Support for Democracy and Human Rights in Hong Kong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    To be fair, Cruz has spent plenty of time shitting on Kaepernick for exercising his freedom of speech, so it's not like he can't take time out of his busy schedule to be a dumbass.
    I mean I am pretty sure being a dumbass is his entire schedule actually. It is a very busy schedule, but that is really the only thing on it.

- - - Updated - - -

EVERY VOICE MATTERS:
    Great ideas can come from anywhere. Blizzard Entertainment is what it is today because of the voices of our players and of each member of the company. Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas.

and

THINK GLOBALLY
    Everywhere on the planet there are people who play Blizzard Entertainment games. While respecting the cultural diversity that makes people unique, we strive to grow and support our global gaming community. We also seek the most passionate, talented people in the world to enrich our company and help us forge the future vision of Blizzard Entertainment.

And
    LGBT Rights

Then be against Someone Stating their Support for Democracy and Human Rights in Hong Kong.
    Oh sure they can be. It is about whatever makes them the most profit. They aren't sincere about any of that stuff, some marketing exec just briefed that it tested well, and they ran it.

I mean it isn't like Exxon-Mobil cares about the environment either.

Oh sure they can be.
    And that is why people are Heavily Criticizing Blizzard and Rightfully so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, fair game. I am all for shitting on blizzard for this if you want, that is a part of free speech too. I just don't really think it is Congress's business. It certainly isn't the worst thing Congress has done though, even if we are only talking this week.

Glad to see we agree on it.

EVERY VOICE MATTERS:

and

THINK GLOBALLY

And
    LGBT Rights

But do they though? Because, while they have no problem, to (rightfully) announce their support for LGTQ groups in the West... they are rather silent for it in the East. There is for example no russian translation for the "Reflections" comic.
    A comic, that is out since 2016? But hasn't really bother people.

Blizz really fucked up this time, didn't they?