Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard is here to bring unity during these politically divisive times.

This could be a blessing in disguise if this pressure causes Kotick to resign.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....I'm slightly confused do the congress members not know that blizzard already reduced chung's punishment (they will give him the money he won and he will only be banned for 6 months instead of a year)? or is this their way of saying what they have already done isn't enough and that they need to void any punishment entirely...

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    ....I'm slightly confused do the congress members not know that blizzard already reduced chung's punishment (they will give him the money he won and he will only be banned for 6 months instead of a year)? or is this their way of saying what they have already done isn't enough and that they need to void any punishment entirely...
    I think this is their way of saying "Look, we know about gamer stuff, vote for us please!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I think this is their way of saying "Look, we know about gamer stuff, vote for us please!"
    This whole thing has been an exercise in (dare I say it?) virtue-signaling.

But I wonder how many of the politicians who put their name to this believe that we should be finding a way to continue our mutually-beneficial trade arrangements with China despite the shit it does to its citizens.

The only reason people are up in arms about Hong Kong is because it benefits certain western powers when protests destabilize the PRC.

Meanwhile borderline humanitarian crises, willful genocides and mass rapes in countries like India, Venezuela and Turkey are completely forgotten about.

If you're going to make a political statement (and calling it a political statement is generous) by cancelling a subscription for a game that you enjoy over geopolitical muscle-offs, you are a complete dumbass. That's all. Your "voice" doesn't fucking matter. Let the big boys sort out their troubles themselves and keep your nose in your own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    If you're going to make a political statement (and calling it a political statement is generous) by cancelling a subscription for a game that you enjoy over geopolitical muscle-offs, you are a complete dumbass.
    Is this why Blizzard has been acting scared and cancelling Launch Events?
    by cancelling a subscription for a game that you enjoy over geopolitical muscle-offs, you are a complete dumbass.
    Hong Kong people cancelling Subs are Dumb?

The only reason people are up in arms about Hong Kong is because it benefits certain western powers when protests destabilize the PRC.
    Wrong, it's also about Human Rights and Democracy.

Meanwhile borderline humanitarian crises, willful genocides and mass rapes in countries like India, Venezuela and Turkey are completely forgotten about.
    It seems like you would prefer Doing Nothing then Doing Anything.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-19 at 07:49 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Human rights and democracy are a sham concept created to placate the ignorant masses. Money is your only path to freedom. Just because most western countries and the UN pay lip-service to human rights, it doesn't actually mean that they sincerely believe in them or intend to institute or enforce them in any meaningful way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If eSports want to be taken seriously, they like Sports have to keep politics out, people tune in to take a break from politics, and athletes compete on equal opportunity regardless of what their respective governments do, they compete as individuals

If one wants to accept politics one agrees with, one would have to put up with politics one disagrees with..
    Blizzard needs to be firm, but fair, ban everyone who uses the eSports as a political bullhorn...not go overkill on one person n then ignore others who do the same thing. Also, they should react just as much to someone saying pro-China anti-secessionist rhetoric.
    The games should only be about GAMES, nothing else

Apply rules equally, and I have zero sympathy to the guy who got the ban, he did so knowing he broke the rules, I can't understand why there's a flood of sympathy for him, do people realize if they get their way, they'll in turn be subject to politics they themselves find objectionable?? What if, lets say a Turkish Hearthstone player calls Kurds terrorists?

So, don't throw rocks in glass houses...
    Sport was always abauth the politics. Here is a bit of history if you dont belive it:

Human rights and democracy are a sham concept created to placate the ignorant masses. Money is your only path to freedom. Just because most western countries and the UN pay lip-service to human rights, it doesn't actually mean that they sincerely believe in them or intend to institute or enforce them in any meaningful way.
    I see. you're an empire-builder then?

Money is your only path to freedom.
    LMAO is that why many Companies are working with an Authoritarian Communist Regime?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Sport was always abauth the politics.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this happens in the next Blizzard E-Sports event or Convention.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-19 at 08:57 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Chinese government is completely insane.
    Just look at this situation that happened in Sweden with Chinese tourists.

Basically police had to remove tourists from the hotel because they wanted free stay on the lobby.
    They were "booted" and then China replied to Sweden with this beauty of a quote:

China:
    "We find it shocking and hard to understand that the three Chinese tourists were treated in such a brutal manner in a country that always talks about human rights and justice"

VIDEO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2QoCrnuGko&t=7m11s

This makes me want to...punch something

Jim leans in on the recent senator development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Blizz really fucked up this time, didn't they?
    <snip>
    Frankly, the letter is so baffling I originally assumed it was a fake.

There's no reason members of Congress should be taking that angle of attack. It's crazypants. And as much as I've generally supported AOC, this is nonsense.

Note, before you jump all over me, my issue is not that they came out to support Hong Kong's freedom or to speak against China's totalitarianism. Totally in favor of all that (if surprised Rubio's putting his name to it). That part is fine.

The baffling part is taking Blizzard to task for possibly punishing a player for breaking agreed-upon rules a bit too harshly. And the player in question isn't an American citizen, meaning they have no real responsibility to get involved in that. And Blizzard had, as far as I'm aware, already agreed he'd receive the prizes he'd won, just be banned from league play for 6 months. Do I think that's too harsh? Sure. Do I think Congress needs to weigh in on the matter at this point? Fuckno.

Write your letter and target China, and leave Blizzard out of the equation. It's a baffling insertion that seems to be included solely because Blizzard is based in the USA and thus gives them some questionable reason to weigh in on everything.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-10-19 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Note, before you jump all over me, my issue is not that they came out to support Hong Kong's freedom or to speak against China's totalitarianism. Totally in favor of all that (if surprised Rubio's putting his name to it). That part is fine.
    Marco Rubio despite all the things I disagree with, has always been pretty anti-China. He introduced the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act and cosponsored the TAIPEI Act for example.

If you're going to make a political statement (and calling it a political statement is generous) by cancelling a subscription for a game that you enjoy over geopolitical muscle-offs, you are a complete dumbass. That's all. Your "voice" doesn't fucking matter. Let the big boys sort out their troubles themselves and keep your nose in your own business.
    Stop being a fucking tragedy hipster m8.

Not quite related, but it seems Pewds is banned in China now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind the Communist party getting demolished. Have the exiles in Taiwan retake the reigns and finally realize Sun Yat-Sen's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Ugh... I hate Pewdiepie, and not for anything he said or did or how he may present himself. I couldn't even tell you what the guy even looks like! :P It's just that his name comes up in EVERY damn forum I'm in talking at some point about him being banned somewhere and subsequent people being mad about him being banned. Like, that's all I know about the guy... like his shtick seems to me is to get banned and has an army of people outrage over him all over the internet about him being banned. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Ugh... I hate Pewdiepie, and not for anything he said or did or how he may present himself. I couldn't even tell you what the guy even looks like! :P It's just that his name comes up in EVERY damn forum I'm in talking at some point about him being banned somewhere and subsequent people being mad about him being banned. Like, that's all I know about the guy... like his shtick seems to me is to get banned and has an army of people outrage over him all over the internet about him being banned. :P
    so you hate him because he's popular? sounds like a perfectly logical reason.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.