Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lore doesn't matter much. We have Nightborne and Mechagnomes who are, inexplicably, warlocks. The player is left to justify the class through roleplay and headcanon. That said, I'm sure other races will have the rest of the classes unlocked in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I think you missed the part where Zandalari culture does not allow it.

Vulpera culture doesn't care.

Same reason why there are no Night Elf Warlocks - not because they couldnt learn from Humans or something, but because Night Elf Culture does not allow it.
    You mean like Night Elf culture forbidding mages?

I'm not sure what people's problem is with cultures evolving over time. Particularly in the case of culture that were in survival mode and for the first time are connected to others, and in a position of relative safety to study and learn new things.

That said, I find it amusing that warlock and mage made more sense than druids for Vulpera.

I think you missed the part where Zandalari culture does not allow it.
    The official reasoning was that Zandalari have no connection to Fel magic, whether it's forbidden is unknown.
    That aside, Zandalari do not have the same history with fel magic going awry than the Night elves do, who have fought multiple wars against demon forces.

So yeah, it's an asspull, but then again, Vulpera also can be priest, despite the fact that none of them are shown to worship the light or any Loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Vulpera also can be priest, despite the fact that none of them are shown to worship the light or any Loa.
    I don't think it would be much of a stretch to assume that vulpera worship Jani. I mean, their lives depend on scavenging, and Jani is known as the Patron of Scavengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I don't think it would be much of a stretch to assume that vulpera worship Jani. I mean, their lives depend on scavenging, and Jani is known as the Patron of Scavengers.
    Healing your party one hek hek hek at a time .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Headcanon: Some of them survived the Purge Squad of the beta and retained both a burning hatred for the Alliance and a vengeful desire to use their own dark magics against them.
    And now I await for Vulpera demon hunters. Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You mean like Night Elf culture forbidding mages?
    You mean like it being a major story point and big deal when the Shen’dralar were allowed back into Darnassus? Like that?

You mean like it being a major story point and big deal when the Shen’dralar were allowed back into Darnassus? Like that?
    Right so if they can ass pull some shit like that then they can give the people what they want and give us Zandalari Warlocks

Right so if they can ass pull some shit like that then they can give the people what they want and give us Zandalari Warlocks
    Sounds like you are upset that a race gets something that you don't want them to have, but when you want something you don't care anymore. Is this correct?

I mean I'm not against all races having everything but I want some lore around it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Sounds like you are upset that a race gets something that you don't want them to have, but when you want something you don't care anymore. Is this correct?

I mean I'm not against all races having everything but I want some lore around it as well.
    Where's the lore with Vulpera warlocks? I've seen far more trolls summon demons than small furry foxes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Lore doesn't matter much. We have Nightborne and Mechagnomes who are, inexplicably, warlocks. The player is left to justify the class through roleplay and headcanon. That said, I'm sure other races will have the rest of the classes unlocked in due time.
    Mechagnomes are just standard gnomes who went to another place and started upgrading themselves (some willingly, some not) with mechanical bits. So it makes sense that they can do what standard gnomes can, unless we want to get into some weird 'metal hands would interfere with casting!!' debate.

Now Nightborne, I think it is insane that they are locks given what the Legion did to them. I get that players would want the option (and locks are a popular class) but yeah that one doesn't line up for me.

I guess maybe some Nightborne do it out of spite?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Healing your party one hek hek hek at a time .
    And I just found my justification to make a Vulpera Priest. =-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Mechagnomes are just standard gnomes who went to another place and started upgrading themselves (some willingly, some not) with mechanical bits. So it makes sense that they can do what standard gnomes can, unless we want to get into some weird 'metal hands would interfere with casting!!' debate.

Now Nightborne, I think it is insane that they are locks given what the Legion did to them. I get that players would want the option (and locks are a popular class) but yeah that one doesn't line up for me.

I look at it as they started training to become Warlocks while Tharisa was in charge and some of them stuck with it to use the enemy's power against them.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2019-10-22 at 04:27 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    And I just found my justification to make a Vulpera Priest. =-P

I look at it as they started training to become Warlocks while Tharisa was in charge and some of them stuck with it to use the enemy's power against them.
    Yeah, exactly. I was thinking along those lines when I mentioned the spite thing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I don't think it would be much of a stretch to assume that vulpera worship Jani.
    Haven't seen a single hint that the Vulpera worship Jani, any Jani follower seem to be lowlife Zandalari.

Where's the lore with Vulpera warlocks? I've seen far more trolls summon demons than small furry foxes
    There hasn't been anything against them learning it from someone. I haven't seen any reason to believe they can be shaman, priest, mage or monk either. They can actually learn it from other races that have these classes. Nothing in game says they can't or aren't willing to as a race as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Lore doesn't matter much. We have Nightborne and Mechagnomes who are, inexplicably, warlocks.
    How is either inexplicable? Mechagnomes are just gnomes. Gnomes can be warlocks.

Nightborne were allied with the Legion. The fact that there are Nightborne Warlocks makes perfect sense.... in fact, it wouldn't make sense if there WERENT Nightborne warlocks.

The player is left to justify the class through roleplay and headcanon. That said, I'm sure other races will have the rest of the classes unlocked in due time.
    Or, you know, you were wrong. There's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Now Nightborne, I think it is insane that they are locks given what the Legion did to them.
    The higher-class Nightborne were Allies with the Legion. It would be weird if there WERENT Warlocks.

I get that players would want the option (and locks are a popular class) but yeah that one doesn't line up for me.
    This might matter if what the low-class majority of the Nightborne wanted or cared about mattered to the ones that were allied with the Legion (most of whom weren't killed; there wasn't some Purge after the change in government).

You mean like the primary reason that Warlocks were allowed to continue to operate within the Horde in the first place (circa Vanilla) - to use the enemy's power against them?

Yeah, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

The lore is: there is nothing in Vulpera society that prevents them from learning to be warlocks, and they are inherently curious creatures who learn lots of things.

It doesn't need to be more than that.

There IS, however, taboo in Zandalari society about consorting with Demons. As in: they dont do it. OTHER troll tribes have (and that is another reason the Zandalari may consider them "lesser") but the Zandalari do not permit it in their society.

There IS, however, taboo in Zandalari society about consorting with Demons. As in: they dont do it. OTHER troll tribes have (and that is another reason the Zandalari may consider them "lesser") but the Zandalari do not permit it in their society.
    There's taboo in basically every society of every race that can be a warlock, except for Forsaken, who don't give a shit. Hell, Humans in Vanilla had to go under the city to train in a basement because they are shunned by society

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne were allied with the Legion. The fact that there are Nightborne Warlocks makes perfect sense.... in fact, it wouldn't make sense if there WERENT Nightborne warlocks.
    Hard to say, but I don't feel like those are the Nightborne we're playing as, you know? I always figured we're playing as the ones that rebelled/were liberated.

"Hey, yeah, look I know I was trying to kill ya'll last expansion because I was loyal to Gul'dan - but now that Thalyssra and the Horde/Alliance defeated all of us, I am totally on your side! Yeah!"

I can't imagine that was the angle Blizz had in mind for playable Nightborne, especially given her pleasantries toward the player versions when you first create one.

You mean like the primary reason that Warlocks were allowed to continue to operate within the Horde in the first place (circa Vanilla) - to use the enemy's power against them?

Yeah, probably.
    Yeah, pretty much my line of thinking on that.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-29 at 09:42 AM.

Better question: Why are we still pretending like class/race restrictions matter? I mean every expansion they open up new available classes to old races, so why not just open the flood gates and make every race able to be every class?

I don't feel the game should be that way, but it seems like Blizz is slowly heading in that direction.
    Last edited by Monoxide; 2019-10-29 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.