Classic Bis 2h weapon for orc

As the title states. What is the bis 2h weapon for orc currently?
    Most 'guides' lists BRE. But there are rumors out there saying that Spinal Reaper is better(for orcs only, due to weapon skill, and supposedly armor works differently from privateservers).

I'm being urged to go after Spinal from officers, but I cannot find any sources nor so they provide any when asked, so I decided to come to you.

I'm asking for both pve and pvp aspects. I'd appriciate some form of explenation beyond 'i think X.'

they both have pretty low dropchances, so i'd just go for w/e drops first. (depends a bit on who else wants the weapons in your raid too ofc)

just looking at them i'd say BRE is a better for long fights/pve, and spinal is better for short fights/pvp/maybe dungeons. but personally i've never been a fan of "on kill" effects, since they kind of assume you can keep chainpulling things.

i know armor reduction is strong, but as for the exact math of armor reduction vs weapon skill i wouldn't really know. probably the best way to find out is to have a look at warcraftlogs and find logs of a bunch of warriors with the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    i know armor reduction is strong, but as for the exact math of armor reduction vs weapon skill i wouldn't really know. probably the best way to find out is to have a look at warcraftlogs and find logs of a bunch of warriors with the weapons.
    Well armor penetration is not exactly common. Also, reducing armor a further 2100 beyond sunders is going to get even more effective. It is like the irony in TBC that armor pen was great against clothies, does nothing vs tanks. 1000 armor pen = (mage)" you removed ALL my armor! +15% damage (tank) you what now? +2% damage?

Weapon skill loses it's majesty as soon as you have achieved +5 afaik(the big penalties come when the mobs are orange(63/boss)) ie difference in skill vs defense >10. That gives you +3% to hit and +15% damage on glancing blows or some such vs a 63 mob. This can be attained via edgemaster's handguards. Beyond that additional weapon skill is somewhat less effective and reverts to the 0.04% per point hit/dodge/parry/crit but still gets more damage on glancing blows which is why it is still useful.

I would say BRE is superior regardless of race. Orcs just do better than everyone else with the Spinal reaper. BRE is clearly a superior weapon and you should not be shut out imo. I have read you will not replace it until naxx.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Yeah. Everything out there says BRE is BiS untill nax, some even say out classic.

In my guild it seems that the other two 2h orc warriors are fighting over Spinal. I'm orc, but i've put my intrest in BRE. I'm the only one though, with the exception of our troll MT. Guess I can be happy in that regard.

Either way, the difference between Spinal and BRE surely can't be that big of a deal pve wise, but BRE at least has 18 stam for pvp.

Man, I remember having this talk a long time ago. It's 100 percent BRE, I don't know about your guild, but does someone else in leadership want BRE or something?