Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Nothing, what i don't like is their government.
    Exactly, and if blizzard didnt remove him, and their services got suspended in china. Who do you think would have suffered the most? The people in the goverment or the average chinese gamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Defending what? The fact that blizzard is enforcing their rules? He was not allowed to talk about politics. Simple fact - he agreed to it and still said fuck it. So blizzard said fuck it as well.

Nobody at blizzard said anything about hongkong/china or anything in that regard. Just a random mongo who thought he could abuse that esport event to shout out his political standpoint. Ban him - makes future events way better. Easy and good solution.
    There is no rule of "anti-politics" by Blizzard.
    Just some vague bullcrap that can be bent to Blizzard's will.
    Basically the rule says "dont be naughty"

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Sure it will, because people dying in Tiananmen Square was so much less powerful than a single player getting banned from a video game tournament. I think you need to get some perspective. No one outside of China is going to change China. The change has to come from within.

You know what the average Chinese citizen thinks of video gamers? Yeah. The average Chinese citizen thinks this guy is an idiot.

Blizzard getting themselves kicked out of the Chinese market doesn't help anyone. Change to something like Chinese culture is not something that is going to happen overnight. Blizzard can effect change just by being present in the Chinese market. They just have to keep a foothold.
    yeah making as much money as possible from China will help change China, man your social status points must be flying up, how many pictures of Mao do you have in your house?

Infracted - Post constructively
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-10-09 at 06:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You think they like it more than you do? They're the ones who get punished if Blizzard doesn't walk a very thin line.
    you're right, that's why i said it sucks blizzard had to ban the guy. I think it's a shitty thing to be but they have to suck up to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Yeah it kinda does, they knew there would be a backlash, but chinese money is more important than a good reputation.

Proof? Diablo immortal, chinese money > blizzard live fans and diablo fans, fuck em all chinese money is where it's at,

more proof? blizzard CEO paid more bonuses than most CEO's in the world and so much more than the average employee, blizzard support nothing but money, fuck everyone else.
    its a business.....what the hell do you expect? For them to say no to money? then you would be trash at running a business lol They don't support china's actions they just didn't want their platform to be used for something against the rules and the guy knowingly went against them and knew the repercussions so if he didn't care why should all of you? you have ZERO involvement in the hong kong situation. you don't live there and you have zero say in anything that goes on there.

Blizzard has a whole market of players in china that they would like to sell products like diablo immortal to so are you saying they should just ignore a whole market where they can make billions? because if so again you're a moron and dont understand business

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya2 View Post
    The example presented is perfectly valid.

Blizzard can be opposed to the Chinese regime, but due to business interests they can't show this as they'd quickly be sanctioned by the PRC.

Compare it to your own job, walking up to your boss and loudly insulting him in earshot of dozens of other employees is not going to do you any favors.
    If my boss or the company does something unethical, i actually leave and find a new job? Not everyone is a sell out trash human being like you and the people you defend? Hell i threatened a boss with leaving if they didnt fix security issues on a piece of machinery. As i was working in maintenance it was my duty to keep things safe, but they keep dodging that shit because of cost.

Let me tell you something, as people like you dont seems to have much backbone or even much life experience. Disagree with someone, but let them do what you disagree with, what in the hell does that even accomplish? It wouldnt even work on a small child.

You are talking about strategy in your other post. Can you enlight us how is giving them lots of money in trade until they are the biggest economy in the world somehow stop them from doing the things you disagree with silently? Like i said your idea of strategy wouldnt even work on a small child, how can it work on the CPC?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-10-08 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    Exactly, and if blizzard didnt remove him, and their services got suspended in china. Who do you think would have suffered the most? The people in the goverment or the average chinese gamer?
    China can just copy paste their own versions, they already do anyway since copyright laws mean nothing in China, but hey think of the poor people throwing money at blizzard not of the real issues in China.

China just bans everything they disagree with, so your idea is just bend the knee in every case let china get everything they want, well you must be a great person to argue with, have you ever had one or you just kiss the others persons ass straight off the bat and do what they say?

Depends is your boss a complete piece of corrupt shit who you and everyone else should stand upto?
    Easy to say, harder to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    People will sadly forget it over a week and blizz will continue sucking on china.
    I'm curious how much shit blizz has to do in order to finally turn the entire player base against them.
    Theres other things besides money in life. Just because it benefits you financially doesn't mean you can pull vile shit like this.
    We are MMOChampions.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

(could not resist)

yeah making as much money as possible from China will help change China, man your social status points must be flying up, how many pictures of Mao do you have in your house?
    So lets say they dont ban him, do you think that would have changed china? Do you think the chinese government would cry about shutting down hearthstone for the chinese players.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    its a business.....what the hell do you expect? For them to say no to money? then you would be trash at running a business lol They don't support china's actions they just didn't want their platform to be used for something against the rules and the guy knowingly went against them and knew the repercussions so if he didn't care why should all of you? you have ZERO involvement in the hong kong situation. you don't live there and you have zero say in anything that goes on there.

Blizzard has a whole market of players in china that they would like to sell products like diablo immortal to so are you saying they should just ignore a whole market where they can make billions? because if so again you're a moron and dont understand business
    Yup fuck people, only money matters, give china everything or they'll take away that money!

- - - Updated - - -

If your boss is a paedophile, you still don't do something as stupid as accusing him of it in public. How dumb are you? You gather evidence in secret, then make sure he goes to prison. Do you not have the capacity to think beyond the next three seconds? Actions have consequences. Don't take actions that have stupid consequences. You must be strategic. This idiot kid was not strategic. He was an idiot kid who acted like an idiot kid with no thought about the consequences of what he did.
    but what about your job? your monies these are all that matter you're contradicting yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those folks in support of boycotting, please add these other self choice "entertainments" to your boycott list....go the full way in your heat.

-League of Legends developed by Riot Games....which is fully OWNED by Tencent.

-Path of Exile developed by Grinding Gear Games....which is 80% OWNED by Tencent.

-Fortnite made by Epic Games...which is 40% OWNED by Tencent

-Any of these studios which has varying shares from 5% to more UbiSoft, Paradox Interactive and Supercell....they hardly own a 5% in Acti-Blizz...meh

Side note.... at any given time half the top twitch streams are games owned by Tencent or has a shares in their development companies....start boycotting Twitch, ya know to send a message.

Also might as well stop using Discord which owned partly...you guessed it...Tencent

....wait you are going to make an excuse that only Blizz. is at fault and not these self interest money grabbing companies that work with the chinese and appease them?...I mean they are silent about what is going on in HK so they must endorse the government....right?

Ill logic and extreme passion can lead to disastrous conclusions, every hot head is looking at this through the lens of Politics, and self hate to the company, yet if you carefully regard the situation and consider the same would happen in any other part of the world we wouldn't get that active...

As an example....Let some American player yell Lock her up or Impeach Trump...that same outcome would and should occur.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    We are MMOChampions.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

(could not resist)
    Blizzard: The world could always use more heroes
    Blizzard game champion: "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times"
    Blizzard: Wait, not like that

I loved that youtube comment...

China can just copy paste their own versions, they already do anyway since copyright laws mean nothing in China, but hey think of the poor people throwing money at blizzard not of the real issues in China.

China just bans everything they disagree with, so your idea is just bend the knee in every case let china get everything they want, well you must be a great person to argue with, have you ever had one or you just kiss the others persons ass straight off the bat and do what they say?
    Wierd question since I was obviously disagreeing whit what you said. How are things on the reading comprehension part?

So your solution to china being bad to their people is to make decisions that will make life worse for those people without even bothering the actual government. Sounds like a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I never said they should. What i said was it sucks that they have to. Sucking up to China is not worth it to me.
    What does standing up against China satisfy? Your feels?

In the end, your argument is 'Blizzard should stand up to China because it makes me feel better', which is a valid opinion, but a terrible argument to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    For those folks in support of boycotting, please add these other self choice "entertainments" to your boycott list....go the full way in your heat.

-League of Legends developed by Riot Games....which is fully OWNED by Tencent.

-Path of Exile developed by Grinding Gear Games....which is 80% OWNED by Tencent.

-Fortnite made by Epic Games...which is 40% OWNED by Tencent

-Any of these studios which has varying shares from 5% to more UbiSoft, Paradox Interactive and Supercell....they hardly own a 5% in Acti-Blizz...meh

Side note.... at any given time half the top twitch streams are games owned by Tencent or has a shares in their development companies....start boycotting Twitch, ya know to send a message.

Also might as well stop using Discord which owned partly...you guessed it...Tencent

....wait you are going to make an excuse that only Blizz. is at fault and not these self interest money grabbing companies that work with the chinese and appease them?...I mean they are silent about what is going on in HK so they must endorse the government....right?

Ill logic and extreme passion can lead to disastrous conclusions, every hot head is looking at this through the lens of Politics, and self hate to the company, yet if you carefully regard the situation and consider the same would happen in any other part of the world we wouldn't get that active...

As an example....Let some American player yell Lock her up or Impeach Trump...that same outcome would and should occur.
    Well i use discord in browser only and i havent paid them a cent. So this works as well. (with fake email mind you)
    All of those 3 games are already on my never play list. (Path of exile is depresing to play anyway)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What does standing up against China satisfy? Your feels?

In the end, your argument is 'Blizzard should stand up to China because it makes me feel better', which is a valid opinion, but a terrible argument to make.
    I didn't say they should, I said it's shitty they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    If my boss or the company does something unethical, i actually leave and find a new job? Not everyone is a sell out trash human being like you and the people you defend? Hell i threatened a boss with leaving if they didnt fix security issues on a piece of machinery. As i was working in maintenance it was my duty to keep things safe, but they keep dodging that shit because of cost.

Let me tell you something, as people like you dont seems to have much backbone or even much life experience. Tell disagree with someone, but let them do what you disagree with, what in the hell does that even accomplish? It wouldnt even work on a small child.
    ...excuse me?

I'm a trash human being, lack a backbone and life experience because of the example I just gave you? Feel free to go offline and calm down.

An individual standing their ground for one thing as you just mentioned is something wholly different to a company with thousands of employees relying on it doing the same.

And while quitting a job on the spot may be easy for you to do, many people do not have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    maybe we can kill Diablo Immortal that way.
    Would be an ironic ending considering the "immortal" name.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__