Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    There should be a system where every item starts at it's maxed "titanforge" and you just put it on and keep playing.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    You and I both know that's bullshit.

    Stop pulling numbers out of your ass just so you can prove a point.
    Thats actually the truth, same goes with you, stop using words you know they are false.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I could be wrong that you and I are minority, who knows. But I know my statistics.
    And I know mine, in terms of whole game, forum is indeed minority.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    No it won't because titanforging exists, with the exception of azerite armor.

    Theoretically you could run the first raid of the expansion and somehow score the same ilvl as the person doing endgame content.
    That would require either godly amount of work or farming. In both cases, they deserve it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Then why are you playing wow?

    You're goal is to acquire the best gear in the game and dominate the charts, no? Don't you want to feel stronger?

    What do I know, maybe people like to roleplay in goldshire.
    LOL NO. I play with friends for challenge and fun. Already had my share in dps charts races, and all I got was burnout.
    I'm already plenty strong with mythic gear. Don't need that +5 ilvl from titanforging nor extra sockets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    But it helps.
    And? The more reason to not chase the gear and kill the boss with lowest ilvl possible, for maximum challenge.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I imagine Benthic gear was the test bed for this. As you get involved in assaults, raids, M+ or whatever, you'll probably earn some currency that can then be used at a "titan forge" to buff the ilvl of pieces of gear. That way you can buff up pieces of gear above what they normally drop which makes running varied forms of content constantly rewarding, without taking away the "top gear" from mythic raids.
    It's funny because we already had a system like this back in MoP: the "upgrade" system

    and then they removed it for whatever reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats actually the truth, same goes with you, stop using words you know they are false.
    Provide me with evidence, and i'll believe you?

    Probably won't.

    I don't know a single soul that loves loves the idea of rolling a dice everytime a piece of gear drops.
    That's the truth for me, but what do I know, maybe we're throwing words at each other just for fun.

    And if I knew they were false, I wouldn't be spouting out nonsense.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-10-10 at 03:07 AM.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Provide me with evidence, and i'll believe you?

    Probably won't.
    And how are you going to prove me yours? I could say we had a talk about TF on one of our raids and you could say you don't believe me lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    That's the truth for me, but what do I know, maybe we're throwing words at each other just for fun.

    And if I knew they were false, I wouldn't be spouting out nonsense.
    The whole point is, you don't need that dice for anything. There isn't a single encounter that requires you to have 440 gear. And you are getting 445 from mythic raids.
    You can simply treat titanforging as soft nerf needed for bad players.

  6. #166
    I would normally say a Benthic style manual increase to ilevel, but "preserves the value of item level" makes me think it's not ilevel related.

    I'm wondering if they're going to try to do something where a weapon just has a chance to be 'more effective' against enemies outside of the current raid, or something, to preserve raid balance but still give casual players a way to get stronger in the outdoor world and older content.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And how are you going to prove me yours? I could say we had a talk about TF on one of our raids and you could say you don't believe me lol.




    The whole point is, you don't need that dice for anything. There isn't a single encounter that requires you to have 440 gear. And you are getting 445 from mythic raids.
    You can simply treat titanforging as soft nerf needed for bad players.
    And my whole point is that you shouldn't going around and instantly proving them they are wrong or right on a subjective matter, it makes you look opinionated. Actually to the point to where you're believing that what you're thinking and saying is right, by default.

    > this opinion exists

    This world is doomed man
    Bennett has a valid opinion, he's not right or wrong. Not everybody has to like titanforging or not.

    What you should've said was, "I disagree with you, because X, Y, and Z" or "I agree with Nnyco, because of this and that". Can't go around and say "he's correct", or "he's wrong". Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-10-10 at 03:57 AM.

  8. #168
    Pandaren Monk Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But benthic gear has a lot of drama attached to it also.
    Gem procs? Anyone?
    Also i replaced several benthic pieces in which i spent weeks farming pearls...just because i got a better item somehwere else.

    I hope this system will have zero drama...but i dont know.
    That has almost nothing to do with benthic gear, and everything to do with the neutering of JC and how powerful gems are. Consider how powerful a full set of gem gear is now, and look at gear that would almost by default have 2-3 gem sockets per armor piece. Some times even 4. JC just needs to be reworked, gems either need to go, or they need to be something that isn't random anymore.

    Yeah the benthic item effects were overtuned for the item level, but the gem slots is what made it so they could compete with mythic raid items.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    And my whole point is that you shouldn't going around and instantly proving them they are wrong or right on a subjective matter, it makes you look opinionated. Actually to the point to where you're believing that what you're thinking and saying is right, by default.
    What is not opinionated was what I did refer: "majority" that is simply bullshit. Not to mention "vast majority".


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Bennett has a valid opinion, he's not right or wrong. Not everybody has to like titanforging or not.

    What you should've said was, "I disagree with you, because X, Y, and Z" or "I agree with Nnyco, because of this and that". Can't go around and say "he's correct", or "he's wrong". Doesn't make sense.
    I never said TF is good for everyone. My whole point was: trying to pull "majority" out of people ass is bullshit.

  10. #170
    My guess is they will occasionally roll weapons with "Chance on hit to do x,y or z" whether this is extra damage or healing or increase a secondary stat. Not sure what they could do for armour, but weapons were surely more affected by TF than armour.

    Haven't played retail in a while though.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    My guess is they will occasionally roll weapons with "Chance on hit to do x,y or z" whether this is extra damage or healing or increase a secondary stat. Not sure what they could do for armour, but weapons were surely more affected by TF than armour.

    Haven't played retail in a while though.
    Weapons cannot titanforge

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Weapons cannot titanforge
    Oh right, guess that changed then. I know they didn't when dropped, but did from the weekly m+ chest. Guess I'm a bit out of the loop!

  13. #173
    Stood in the Fire Asaliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    482
    It's gonna be called midgetforging where you can roll an item up to 20 ilevels below its normal one

  14. #174
    Benthic bonuses are not a that bad concept... if they only kept them limited to utility-traits.
    If a bonus can make up for 25ilvls that's just bad design.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Oh right, guess that changed then. I know they didn't when dropped, but did from the weekly m+ chest. Guess I'm a bit out of the loop!
    You've been out of the loop for a while... Weapons from the chest could never titanforge. They were always capped at +10ilvls, thus the best that could happen was a 2xWarforge.

  15. #175
    I just miss having a BiS list that I could stick to and being done when I got everything, none of this "well, that TF +15 means that this piece is better than that piece"

    I also miss when they weren't shooting for "ilvl is all that matters"

  16. #176
    That's probably the datamined +2% damage/healing stuff with big downside through its Corruption proc

  17. #177
    i have a idea for something to replace it with

    reforge! but blizzard took it away >.>

  18. #178
    High Overlord october breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia, aka Outland
    Posts
    106
    Knowing Blizzard for many years, they like to invent the wheel "while at it" and create more problems.

    The majority of player base wants titanforging to be completely removed; now what Blizzard does is something like this:

    Replaces OldGodForging: your obtaining gear has chance to have an extra tentacle. Each tentacle increase your main state by X%. Upgrade and X are RNG.
    When you gain 8 tentacles, you will become an octopus and unlock octopus AR.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    Not sure if your sarcastic or not. But i hope you are.
    Titanforging ruined the game. But i understand that noobs love to get pices of gear they don't deserve.
    Yeah, and what is with me? I think TF isnt the worse than a specific german leader, either. and i wouldnt call me a noob. so if your only issue with TF is being a salty kid who thinks other peoples items ruin your game - you do you. i dont care if LFR - Raider Kevin is getting a 455 with socket - simply because it doesnt affect my performance at all. im a mythic raider and killed all BFA bosses within the HoF (alliance tho ) while im consistently the unlucky one that is in the lower quarter of our raid in terms of itemlevel, currently hovering around 439/441. And you know what? i dont care. im set for every boss, i dont get benched because i have no TF luck and all. so what EXACTLY is your problem with TF? do you play worse if you know someone has a better item than you? yeah, totally a YOU problem

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Knowing Blizzard for many years, they like to invent the wheel "while at it" and create more problems.

    The majority of player base wants titanforging to be completely removed; now what Blizzard does is something like this:

    Replaces OldGodForging: your obtaining gear has chance to have an extra tentacle. Each tentacle increase your main state by X%. Upgrade and X are RNG.
    When you gain 8 tentacles, you will become an octopus and unlock octopus AR.
    Citation needed on the underlined bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •