Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is they will occasionally roll weapons with "Chance on hit to do x,y or z" whether this is extra damage or healing or increase a secondary stat. Not sure what they could do for armour, but weapons were surely more affected by TF than armour.

Haven't played retail in a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    My guess is they will occasionally roll weapons with "Chance on hit to do x,y or z" whether this is extra damage or healing or increase a secondary stat. Not sure what they could do for armour, but weapons were surely more affected by TF than armour.

Haven't played retail in a while though.
    Weapons cannot titanforge

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Weapons cannot titanforge
    Oh right, guess that changed then. I know they didn't when dropped, but did from the weekly m+ chest. Guess I'm a bit out of the loop!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be called midgetforging where you can roll an item up to 20 ilevels below its normal one

Benthic bonuses are not a that bad concept... if they only kept them limited to utility-traits.
    If a bonus can make up for 25ilvls that's just bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Oh right, guess that changed then. I know they didn't when dropped, but did from the weekly m+ chest. Guess I'm a bit out of the loop!
    You've been out of the loop for a while... Weapons from the chest could never titanforge. They were always capped at +10ilvls, thus the best that could happen was a 2xWarforge.

I just miss having a BiS list that I could stick to and being done when I got everything, none of this "well, that TF +15 means that this piece is better than that piece"

I also miss when they weren't shooting for "ilvl is all that matters"

That's probably the datamined +2% damage/healing stuff with big downside through its Corruption proc

7+ Year Old Account
    i have a idea for something to replace it with

reforge! but blizzard took it away >.>

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard for many years, they like to invent the wheel "while at it" and create more problems.

The majority of player base wants titanforging to be completely removed; now what Blizzard does is something like this:

Replaces OldGodForging: your obtaining gear has chance to have an extra tentacle. Each tentacle increase your main state by X%. Upgrade and X are RNG.
    When you gain 8 tentacles, you will become an octopus and unlock octopus AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    Not sure if your sarcastic or not. But i hope you are.
    Titanforging ruined the game. But i understand that noobs love to get pices of gear they don't deserve.
    Yeah, and what is with me? I think TF isnt the worse than a specific german leader, either. and i wouldnt call me a noob. so if your only issue with TF is being a salty kid who thinks other peoples items ruin your game - you do you. i dont care if LFR - Raider Kevin is getting a 455 with socket - simply because it doesnt affect my performance at all. im a mythic raider and killed all BFA bosses within the HoF (alliance tho ) while im consistently the unlucky one that is in the lower quarter of our raid in terms of itemlevel, currently hovering around 439/441. And you know what? i dont care. im set for every boss, i dont get benched because i have no TF luck and all. so what EXACTLY is your problem with TF? do you play worse if you know someone has a better item than you? yeah, totally a YOU problem

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Knowing Blizzard for many years, they like to invent the wheel "while at it" and create more problems.

The majority of player base wants titanforging to be completely removed; now what Blizzard does is something like this:

Replaces OldGodForging: your obtaining gear has chance to have an extra tentacle. Each tentacle increase your main state by X%. Upgrade and X are RNG.
    When you gain 8 tentacles, you will become an octopus and unlock octopus AR.
    Citation needed on the underlined bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I imagine Benthic gear was the test bed for this. As you get involved in assaults, raids, M+ or whatever, you'll probably earn some currency that can then be used at a "titan forge" to buff the ilvl of pieces of gear. That way you can buff up pieces of gear above what they normally drop which makes running varied forms of content constantly rewarding, without taking away the "top gear" from mythic raids.
    We had this before like in MoP, so I don't think this was a test.

I wouldn't hold my breath for something crazy positive. They will likely replace it with another system that creates an identical timesink, or timecurve of ilvl progression, hopefully a bit less RNG on our end. Personally I like the upgrade systems we've had over the years, where you gain capped currency every week that you can spend on upgrading your gear.

Sockets though will be just as important to see change, and no mention of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrayygoSham View Post
    Yeah, and what is with me? I think TF isnt the worse than a specific german leader, either. and i wouldnt call me a noob. so if your only issue with TF is being a salty kid who thinks other peoples items ruin your game - you do you. i dont care if LFR - Raider Kevin is getting a 455 with socket - simply because it doesnt affect my performance at all. im a mythic raider and killed all BFA bosses within the HoF (alliance tho ) while im consistently the unlucky one that is in the lower quarter of our raid in terms of itemlevel, currently hovering around 439/441. And you know what? i dont care. im set for every boss, i dont get benched because i have no TF luck and all. so what EXACTLY is your problem with TF? do you play worse if you know someone has a better item than you? yeah, totally a YOU problem
    No the problem is that people dont feel like having to raid to get the best loot. Thats why raiding is getting in a bad spot. Guilds are dying, because why should people progress on heroic raids when they already have better gear from m+ with a titanforge.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    My hunch is they're ripping off Path of Exile, because Path essentially has the same goal: be played forever and shovel content out forever in the most efficient manner possible.
    The new affix is ripped straight out of Path of Exile, the glyphs even look like the monoliths from Path of Exile: Legion.

My guess is we'll be able to corrupt items with random properties that lock in permanently onto the item. It's completely random in Path and I'm sure it will be in WoW too, everything else is basically.
    Hell, even the very name ("corrupted" items) is a straight ripoff from PoE, since corrupted items there may be quite OP at times, but can also !@#$ your item as well. Blizzard is apparently going with a slightly milder version.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Citation needed on the underlined bit.
    Oh comon... :P

Anything with less RNG is welcome at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Oh comon... :P
    No you come on, with some evidence that is, and saying "Well, check the forums" doesn't matter, the vast majority of WoW-players just play the game and don't spend time on forums like this one.

I'm sure the RNG can be annoying at times, but saying "The majority wants TF gone", well, those are "Proof or it didn't happen"-words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish titanforging would just go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Titancorrupting: 5% chance for your items iLevel to be scaled down by 5 points, with infinite reroll chance, down to a minimum of 355.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED