Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I imagine Benthic gear was the test bed for this. As you get involved in assaults, raids, M+ or whatever, you'll probably earn some currency that can then be used at a "titan forge" to buff the ilvl of pieces of gear. That way you can buff up pieces of gear above what they normally drop which makes running varied forms of content constantly rewarding, without taking away the "top gear" from mythic raids.
    We had this before like in MoP, so I don't think this was a test.

I wouldn't hold my breath for something crazy positive. They will likely replace it with another system that creates an identical timesink, or timecurve of ilvl progression, hopefully a bit less RNG on our end. Personally I like the upgrade systems we've had over the years, where you gain capped currency every week that you can spend on upgrading your gear.

Sockets though will be just as important to see change, and no mention of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrayygoSham View Post
    Yeah, and what is with me? I think TF isnt the worse than a specific german leader, either. and i wouldnt call me a noob. so if your only issue with TF is being a salty kid who thinks other peoples items ruin your game - you do you. i dont care if LFR - Raider Kevin is getting a 455 with socket - simply because it doesnt affect my performance at all. im a mythic raider and killed all BFA bosses within the HoF (alliance tho ) while im consistently the unlucky one that is in the lower quarter of our raid in terms of itemlevel, currently hovering around 439/441. And you know what? i dont care. im set for every boss, i dont get benched because i have no TF luck and all. so what EXACTLY is your problem with TF? do you play worse if you know someone has a better item than you? yeah, totally a YOU problem
    No the problem is that people dont feel like having to raid to get the best loot. Thats why raiding is getting in a bad spot. Guilds are dying, because why should people progress on heroic raids when they already have better gear from m+ with a titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    My hunch is they're ripping off Path of Exile, because Path essentially has the same goal: be played forever and shovel content out forever in the most efficient manner possible.
    The new affix is ripped straight out of Path of Exile, the glyphs even look like the monoliths from Path of Exile: Legion.

My guess is we'll be able to corrupt items with random properties that lock in permanently onto the item. It's completely random in Path and I'm sure it will be in WoW too, everything else is basically.
    Hell, even the very name ("corrupted" items) is a straight ripoff from PoE, since corrupted items there may be quite OP at times, but can also !@#$ your item as well. Blizzard is apparently going with a slightly milder version.
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Citation needed on the underlined bit.
    Oh comon... :P

Anything with less RNG is welcome at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Oh comon... :P
    No you come on, with some evidence that is, and saying "Well, check the forums" doesn't matter, the vast majority of WoW-players just play the game and don't spend time on forums like this one.

I'm sure the RNG can be annoying at times, but saying "The majority wants TF gone", well, those are "Proof or it didn't happen"-words.

Stood in the Fire Starscream101's Avatar
    Wish titanforging would just go away.

Titancorrupting: 5% chance for your items iLevel to be scaled down by 5 points, with infinite reroll chance, down to a minimum of 355.
    Battle for Azeroth: Grand Marshal Hottage | Classic: Hottage | Overwatch | Diablo III
    PC Specs: Intel i5 8600K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H60 | 16GB DDR4 @ 3.2Ghz | ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Twin Fan | Gigabyte Z370N
    WD Black NVMe 1TB | 2x HGST 7K750 RAID0 | NZXT H200 Black/Red | Corsair SF750 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Nvidia SHIELD 32GB LTE | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red | Razer Blackwidow X Chroma | ViewSonic XG2730

They might be referring to the Corrupt/Cursed effects on items and being able to add them (so you add the curse and 2% dmg done). Cool idea, but this means you will have to make sure to max out the sources of the Corruption currency needed to purchase/craft/add these effects. You know what else was universally hated? Valor points. Every single week there were threads about how everyone is forced to valor cap and if you dont valor cap for the week you are an entire cycle behind with no possibility to catch up, as it was capped.

Either way, hope to see more stuff like the Crucible/Cursed item effects instead of the standard 2ndary stats.

Most importantly - SOCKETS are still not addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    No you come on, with some evidence that is, and saying "Well, check the forums" doesn't matter, the vast majority of WoW-players just play the game and don't spend time on forums like this one.

I'm sure the RNG can be annoying at times, but saying "The majority wants TF gone", well, those are "Proof or it didn't happen"-words.
    Ye, I know, there is no official statics or survey about this. After all, what is left in wow is a community of transmog and pet collectors.
    Anyone with a little higher standard has already left WoW, especially in BFA. So, even if there was an official survey, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out the majority of this degraded community wants it stay.

Let's just say it should be removed from the game for more healthy game experience.

Probably some other RNG Lottery Slot machine type nonsense.

They should just have sidepath updgrades for any item, granting it slightly improved stats and a unique effect, which can be acquired through quests/professions. That's too interesting and complicated for blizzard to make though.

Oldgodforging or voidforging
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Ion said they wanted to make sure that the most challenging content also gives the best gear. I hope this is true.

Items will be Corrupted. A corrupted mechanic will exist through the patch and we'll be less and less Corrupted as the patch goes on (Look at things like the new Essences which have modifiers on them like "Reduces Corruption by 10" or the trinket in the raid that is more beneficial based on your "Corruption Resistance".

The items will proc extra things on them, but they will also be negative extra things (Look at the Corrupted Rings, that are incredibly strong if it wasn't for the Corruption).

Based on some kind of Corruption mechanic we'll be able to negate/remove these Corrupted elements to the gear, leaving us with super strong gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Items will be Corrupted. A corrupted mechanic will exist through the patch and we'll be less and less Corrupted as the patch goes on (Look at things like the new Essences which have modifiers on them like "Reduces Corruption by 10" or the trinket in the raid that is more beneficial based on your "Corruption Resistance".

The items will proc extra things on them, but they will also be negative extra things (Look at the Corrupted Rings, that are incredibly strong if it wasn't for the Corruption).

Based on some kind of Corruption mechanic we'll be able to negate/remove these Corrupted elements to the gear, leaving us with super strong gear.
    This, though it's questionable how much of an impact the system will have...

With Azerite pieces, necklace, benthic gear, guaruanteed socket on crafted gear, and weapons being capped at +10, and highborne compendium for casters, you have 4-5 equipment slots that you realistically can equip a titanforged piece in. In 8.3 one ring slots will probably be taken by the 2% ring, and the legendary cloak takes another slot away, trading places with benthic gear.

A system that limits the number of titanforge pieces you can equip (or punishes the more you equip), is not very effective when the number of titanforged pieces you can equip is inherently low.

When raiding only can drop loot for 4-5 slots out of 18, then that's the actual problem. Yet here we are, and people still are crying massively about titanforging and whatever problems they made up in their mind it has.

I believe fun gameplay and classes is better than getting that dopamine high for a few moments off a titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    No the problem is that people dont feel like having to raid to get the best loot. Thats why raiding is getting in a bad spot. Guilds are dying, because why should people progress on heroic raids when they already have better gear from m+ with a titanforge.
    I literally never heard of that in the "real world" outside of some forums. dont get me wrong, i hear complains about TF all the time, but never "sorry bruh, why should i raid with you, i already have better gear than mythic has baseline". most if not all of the raiders i know raid for killing bosses in a decent amount of time. yes, loot is nice and all, but you can easily kill every boss without having a single WF item on your whole raid, and any decent raider knows that.

My main point though was, that not everyone NOT hating TF equals casual or benefitor of the system, as i am neither of those.
    So, you can hate TF all you want, but its not TF that is breaking the game for those claiming it is, it is your jelousy that breaks the game for you. which is totally a "you" problem.

I dont say the system is perfect, but it isnt Xi Jinping either