Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    I predict TWO new classes, Tink AND Neco!
    If that dude on 4chan is right, we will get tinker + demo lock necromancer skin.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Those expansion got a poor reception for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they included a new class.
    As time shows, these expansions without classes made poorly as filler expansions so what we supposed to wish? more$$$ for blizz to hire workers to add class in each expansion?)

  3. #63
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    As time shows, these expansions without classes made poorly as filler expansions so what we supposed to wish? more$$$ for blizz to hire workers to add class in each expansion?)
    Far as I'm concerned Legion was shit and wasn't much better than WoD and BFA and definitely qualifies as filler expansion. We're still suffering from the damage done by that shitty expansion in BFA.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-10-09 at 12:54 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So let me get this right, you think it's 100% rational for people to demand a new class, aka a new experience when they've never played other current classes at max level? The whole concept of playing a new class is still there then, there's no reason for a new class if they have new experiences waiting for them. Catering to a crowd that's picky and only wants a new class for the sake of it being "new" are irrational players who I hope blizzard never listens to.
    Yes it more content and if blizzard can't add a new class while reworking others like in mop. Why not just close down wow. They always take something a way or slow down in the hopes of fixing a problem but fail constantly despite that. Instead of taking weights off just let them learn for once. We let them do this shit constantly let's tone down "x" in the hopes we fix it later.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Far as I'm concerned Legion was shit and wasn't much better than WoD and BFA and definitely qualifies as filler expansion. We're still suffering from the damage done by that shitty expansion in BFA.
    yes Legion is shit but after WOD even a shit is good, without artifacts and rework,class prune done IN BFA very hard almost to WOD level of bad.
    Still cant get why while removing artifacts they just didnt add traits into classes "We mastered our artifact abilities, and earned them by AP"

    O we made one good system in Legion........ OH lets delete it for no reason, and say Sargeras blade eat them all.

    O we made realy good PVP teamplate, and removed trinkets from pvp in Legion -OH people cry that pvp not so broken, allow all shit in pvp to make them cry.
    BTW ASHRAN+HOLINKA IS BACK BABY
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-10-09 at 03:47 AM.

  6. #66
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    yes Legion is shit but after WOD even a shit is good
    I disagree entirely, shit is still shit, it's not made less shitty by being put next to something slightly (yes, only slightly) worse.


    O we made realy good PVP teamplate, and removed trinkets from pvp in Legion -OH people cry that pvp not so broken, allow all shit in pvp to make them cry.
    Uh, no, that's not what happened at all.

    PvP saw record low participation in Legion, templates removed a shit load of character customization and progression from PvP, you know, two of the biggest things people play RPGs for.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA
    Someone always says this, every new class added and in every "what should the next class be gaiz?" thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    mop era design
    The gold standard of specs
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    Blizzard seem to be invested in a cycle of introduce a new class > put off classes for tweaks/redesign due to workload > tweak through aura buffs as a bandaid instead of addressing gameplay > introduce new class. New classes are probably what they'll do, but I would still prefer they focused on addressing issues with existing classes
    Blizz be lazy...what can ya do.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA, with an abundance of problems including: spec fantasy was prioritized over existing class fantasy,
    This must be some kind of rhetoric you people are parroting from some popular youtuber like asmongold or some shit because I see it so much on here and it literally does not make sense any time anybody brings it up. Literally a fake made up non-issue that people love to complain about these days. This game has enough flaws to complain about you really don't need to make up things to complain about there's plenty of material as it is

    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Therefore it should be a bigger priority of the development team to fix the existing 36 specs and ensure that every single one of them is fun to play
    Do you want specs or do you want classes? Doesn't seem like you even know?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    yes Legion is shit but after WOD even a shit is good, without artifacts and rework,class prune done IN BFA very hard almost to WOD level of bad.
    Still cant get why while removing artifacts they just didnt add traits into classes "We mastered our artifact abilities, and earned them by AP"

    O we made one good system in Legion........ OH lets delete it for no reason, and say Sargeras blade eat them all.

    O we made realy good PVP teamplate, and removed trinkets from pvp in Legion -OH people cry that pvp not so broken, allow all shit in pvp to make them cry.
    BTW ASHRAN+HOLINKA IS BACK BABY
    WoD classes were a lot less pruned than what they are in BfA.

    Blizzard need to focus on the classes and not the specs, or else all specs will feel very watered down. The last time classes felt whole was in MoP, while WoD classes were ok but not as good as MoP.

    Artifacts and legion class design was truly shit, balancing classes around random drops with 2 legendary and the artifact that was gated was beyond shit. BfA fucked up even more by removing it all and replacing it with a god awful neck, holy shit i didn't know Blizzard smoked joints in the office since they had to be pretty high to come up with this ridiculous plan.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2019-10-09 at 05:01 AM.

  11. #71
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,131
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Yes it more content and if blizzard can't add a new class while reworking others like in mop. Why not just close down wow. They always take something a way or slow down in the hopes of fixing a problem but fail constantly despite that. Instead of taking weights off just let them learn for once. We let them do this shit constantly let's tone down "x" in the hopes we fix it later.
    There wasn't even a new class this expansion and there were multiple classes that didn't get a rework this entire expansion. They had planned on reworking every spec, but some got put on the backburner when blizzard was frantically trying to salvage azerite gear. I really doubt they can balance both. If they choose to prioritize a new class over fine tuning the current ones, we'll notice when the new class is enticing while the others feel the same. I believe if they focus on the current classes, then they'll feel refreshed heading into 9.0.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So let me get this right, you think it's 100% rational for people to demand a new class, aka a new experience when they've never played other current classes at max level? The whole concept of playing a new class is still there then, there's no reason for a new class if they have new experiences waiting for them. Catering to a crowd that's picky and only wants a new class for the sake of it being "new" are irrational players who I hope blizzard never listens to.
    Yes.

    I don't see it as picky to want to experience a different class. Some people just like certain class fantasies more than others. For example, for people who prefer naturalistic type class fantasies, we've only had the same classes since vanilla to really play. Monk could count, I suppose, but it's leaning more into a hand-to-hand/martial artist/asian theme than anything else. I would love another "nature" type class, but the ones we have (shaman, druid, hunter) probably cover all of the easy themes we could get from that. The other two classes we've gotten have not at all hit that niche, being undead/dark knight and demon themed.

    Tinker covers a class fantasy WoW doesn't currently have. Sure, there's a crafting profession that covers some of it, but when I think Tinker, I think Mekkatorque and robots and goblin zeppelin bombers and the like... engineering doesn't adequately cover that sort of niche.

    Dragonsworn, while kind of out there since it originated in the WoW RPG books, would cover the draconic niche WoW doesn't currently have playable. That particular aesthetic niche could also be filled by a playable dragonkin or other reptilian race.

    Necromancer has similar class fantasies in WoW via Warlock, but it would be cool to see class skins become a thing in this case.

    In the end, it shouldn't matter if players have played all of the classes at max level or not. Players are generally either drawn to mechanics of a class or the aesthetic feel of the class. If they play mostly by what they think looks cool, then yeah they're probably not going to play the classes they have no real desire to check out because they don't care for the theme.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA, with an abundance of problems including: spec fantasy was prioritized over existing class fantasy, ability pruning has compressed skill gaps and made gameplay stale and one dimensional, tuning problems exist in both PvE and PvP.

    Therefore it should be a bigger priority of the development team to fix the existing 36 specs and ensure that every single one of them is fun to play, mechanically interesting, feels connected to the greater class first with the specialization being more secondary, and well tuned for PvE and PvP content, BEFORE introducing any new specs or classes into the game.


    I have read this exact post word for word 100 times over the last 10 years. Classes will never be "fixed" because they aren't "broken". For every person that is unhappy, there is someone else who is equally happy playing the same class. There are millions of people playing this game, all with their own unique opinion. Tuning problems still exist, have always existed, and will continue to exist until Blizzard shuts down the servers for good XX years from now. Perfectly balanced classes is an impossible goal to achieve without making every class play the exact same with a different color spell.

  14. #74
    Dreadlord Pigglix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    948
    lol @ at "currently existing classes have never been in a worse state"

    Sure, tell me with a straight face that ret paladins in classic are much better than ret paladins of bfa.

    Plus imo , Fury Legion and Fury BfA are the best incarnation of the spec, moving away from the crit dependency of bloodthirsty to make you enrage. And I really hope the gameplay of fury mop to never return. I dont know what was so fun about having to pool resource just to smash your keys alongside with awful strike in that short window. Just ew, super ew.

    Both 3 specs of mages also feel better than pre legion xpacs, too bad they still have rune of power.

    Yes, i agree that some specs could be better, now saying "its the worst state that has ever been omegalul" is just....bullshit, lmao.

    But like the poster above said, all those feelings are subjective anyway and since legion, imo, blizz is doing a pretty god damn of a good job of a balancing them in pve, making all specs viables. Minus for the people who follows warcraft logs like some sort of holy bible and if you ever say that you managed to top metters with a spec that the warcraft gospel was showing as bottom of the barrel, be ready for "then your guild / or the people you play sucked, herp derp"

  15. #75
    The game doesn't need more classes. It is pointless to introduce new classes if they are not unique.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Those expansions got a poor reception for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they included a new class, and a new class wouldn't have stopped people from complaining about their flaws, see: all the complaining (and there was a shitload of it) during Legion that people just forgot about for some reason...

    IMO Legion was a fucking garbage expansion because of the damage they did to the classes, and while Leigon was current that was very much a commonly held opinion among the community, but as soon as it ended people forgot about it because BFA did even worse.
    Sorry, but in this regard you are wrong. While yes, the expansions mentioned are totally a shitshow; part of the appeal of an expansion is also the new classes. Sorry, but Legion with Demon Hunters is always Legion with Demon Hunters. And if there were no demon Hunters, Legion would not be legion. Because leveling a new, fresh class is such an integral part of an expansion, that removing this experience also lowers the standard of an expansion. A new class is a very, very important part.

    And yes, class pruning was a integral part of Legion, but since they only transfered abilities from class to weapon, it didn't mattered very much. Then they removed it, and even pruned more with BfA and boom, we had the trashiest expansion ever created.

    Would be BfA better received with a new class: surely yes.

  17. #77
    The Patient ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    208
    New classes are the biggest draw an expansion can have, at least for me.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

  18. #78
    I’m not going to assume what projects are taking priority at Blizzard.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  19. #79
    Can I bring up 4th Specs again? 'Cause I'd rather have an Earth Tank Shaman spec and a Caster Death Knight spec then a whole new class. I think a lot of us just want more options on the characters we have then to start over with yet another specialization.

    And before people complain about 10 new specs being too much, they could just make three Prestige specs based on the expansion theme and give each to a class that needs it:

    Tank: Shaman, Warlock, Rogue
    Healer: Mage, Hunter, Warrior(?)
    Caster DPS: Monk, Paladin, DK, DH

    Dragon Isles could be Black-Flight Tank, Red-Flight Healer, Blue-Flight Caster.
    Shadowlands could be Dreadnaught Tank, Bloodmage Healer, Necromancer Caster.


    It just expands the game better then Class#12

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    There wasn't even a new class this expansion and there were multiple classes that didn't get a rework this entire expansion. They had planned on reworking every spec, but some got put on the backburner when blizzard was frantically trying to salvage azerite gear. I really doubt they can balance both. If they choose to prioritize a new class over fine tuning the current ones, we'll notice when the new class is enticing while the others feel the same. I believe if they focus on the current classes, then they'll feel refreshed heading into 9.0.
    Because they're incompetent and they did this in mop easily. All your doing is sacrificing content for an empty promise of fixes which has worked well in the past /s. They'll never balance the game espically when people want class identity. They can just make everything competitive at best but balance we'll never happen unless an ai is doing the job.

    Not at all they have 18 years of experience working on wow they can sink or swim for all I care because everything time we take things off the table. We lose shit and nothing changes.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •