Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    This argument of "fix current classes before adding new ones" always makes me roll my eyes, its not like only one developer can work at any given time, they have multiple people working on multiple stuff. If they focus on solving the problem that classes suck it wouldn't mean that they succeed on it, and if they make a new class it doesn't necessarily mean that the other classes would be in a bad spot. If you want an example look at MoP, new class introduced and most classes were in a good spot, now look at BFA, no new class and current classes suck.
    Mop class design was utter garbage. Tanks being best dpses, auto absorb thru damage priests, affli locks outclassing everyone in AOE. MM hunter literally -50% from worst spec. BM hunter removing you from arena with 1 button.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Mop class design was utter garbage.
    lol

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Coming from classic, while not perfect, classes are 100x more fun in bfa than they were back then. I would however like to see a shift towards the more wrath to mop era design

That said, bring in a new class too, new classes are fun
    yea,classes in classic are sooooo fun,not being able to play 90% specs is a pure joy

You are passing a falsehood for fact. The classes were ruined with Legion. They had no new class in BfA and did almost nothing to fix them.
    New class and supporting existing classes is not dependant from each other. They broke the classes in Legion cause they wanted to. No one asked them to do it. Heck if i'm gonna pass on my new class to make up for their self inflicted maladies.

Besides, there is no garantee that even if they did what you propose that the classes would indeed be fixed. So, stop spreading fallacies. New class has nothing to do with existing ones and is one of the most exciting features xpacs can bring.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This is just statistical cherry-picking imo. I think we all know that those expansions being crap had very little to do with a new class, and everything to do with their designs. BfA wouldn't be any better if they had added Tinkers or Dragoncucks or whatever other nonsense class the community is frothing over these days. BfA is bad because it's systems and designs are bad.
    This. BFA has been the worst for me. After coming from legion it feels like a very watered down version of it in every aspect and the Azerite system is very awful which is the major stepdown of the game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes weren't all broken. Change of style isn't breaking it, and some were still decent. Others were turned into builder spenders and BfA made it worse across the board.

edit: misquoted
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-10-20 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Classes weren't all broken. Change of style isn't breaking it, and some were still decent. Others were turned into builder spenders and BfA made it worse across the board.
    If you took the Base class design from any artifact powers or any legendaries the classes were s*** you essentially had the full class in the pre patch

I think the majority of players don't actually care that much about class balance... they just play whatever seems fun at any given time. I have like 10 characters I play, and never really mind one being better than the other. I prefer variety.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yea,classes in classic are sooooo fun,not being able to play 90% specs is a pure joy
    what 90%? you don't even know wtf your are talking about. literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Yeah, now if he/she/it had said 95%, that would be pretty spot on.

Also classic is doing so well that they had to rush the DM release because every zone was turning into ghost towns.

10+ Year Old Account
    @det the 90% was refering to the wow classic, not retail one, else good luck trying to main a prot pally or even a ret pally there.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Also, Legion was an absolutely terrible expansion for the tremendous and lasting damage it did to class design. What an utter disaster. It's going to take so much effort to fix it, if they can even fix it.
    My favorite expansion by far. Opinions be opinions, friend.

I can only see them introducing new races to the game as allied races system. Which free up the art, etc from not doing a full blown starting area. Something has to sell Expansion boxes or units. Vulpera and Mechgnomes would be not something that would sell that many units, probably why they are in 8.3 and you dont have to buy the next expansion to access them. Unlike Void Elves and Lightforge at 7.3 and BfA purchased. Even though BfA moved a lot of units, it is still lack luster overall. Not introducing a new class or a 4th spec(Which i hate that idea) this next expansion will cause things to be stale. New thing to grind out isnt going to sell units, the story is not going to sell units.

Personally I hope a new class is announce and not be melee.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Not introducing a new class or a 4th spec(Which i hate that idea) this next expansion will cause things to be stale.
    not necessary, even redesign of existing classes would give faar more shake-up to the gameplay than introduction of another class
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    New thing to grind out isnt going to sell units, the story is not going to sell units.
    introduction of yet another bland, boring and uninspired class won't either

Roll class/spec design back to Legion and it's perfect. Had fun on all classes, had 2 max level of 3 of them, never had that amount of characters at max level before, it was awesome. Miss Marksman from Legion a lot, what they did to it in this expansion was horrible. First expansion I don't play MM since vanilla? BfA.

The last few classes have been melee, so a Ranged class would be better. Yes, I consider healing monk a melee class...

OP how can you even say a new class shouldn't be a priority?Then who will give me a dark ranger and a necromancer?
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    exagerated a bit sure,but just a bit,its closer to 70%

They should overhaul classes to have more emphasis on the CLASS once again, and less on the SPEC. For multiple expansions now, they've removed and locked so many spells behind certain specs, away from the class itself, that it truly sucks. Where was the balance fine the last time? That's difficult one, and off the top of my head I can give an exact expansion, but I had no issues with it before Wod. So, I suppose between Wotlk and end of MoP is where the golden road of balance was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    MoP also had trash class design. "everyone had everything" because of "bring player not class". Which ended up some classes being insanely powerful, tanks being best dpses, healers having snoozefiesta because of priests. Priests healing from doing damage alone. Instaburst deleting from arena which also deleted your account. Tons of useless buttons.
    tanks were the best dps because of a mechanic (vengeance), not because of class design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    God forbit different tastes.

But considering you hate our Tinker idea so much.

"Damn, I hope we dont get another edgy-emo loser-sacrifices-everything-ultra-cool-undead-weeb class which hates everything so they fit with their type of players, hurrdurrhurr!"

Thats even more depressing. We are gonna have a lot of fun until BlizzCon arrives I feel like.
    the real fun begins after blizzcon when blizzard is crucified for not giving 4th specs/not adding darkranger-necromancer-whatever/not doing some other random thing that people thought they would...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Can I bring up 4th Specs again? 'Cause I'd rather have an Earth Tank Shaman spec and a Caster Death Knight spec then a whole new class. I think a lot of us just want more options on the characters we have then to start over with yet another specialization.

And before people complain about 10 new specs being too much, they could just make three Prestige specs based on the expansion theme and give each to a class that needs it:

Tank: Shaman, Warlock, Rogue
    Healer: Mage, Hunter, Warrior(?)
    Caster DPS: Monk, Paladin, DK, DH

Dragon Isles could be Black-Flight Tank, Red-Flight Healer, Blue-Flight Caster.
    Shadowlands could be Dreadnaught Tank, Bloodmage Healer, Necromancer Caster.

It just expands the game better then Class#12
    its also much less likely. adding 12 specs to the game is not going to happen.