Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it doesn't justify the need for new classes. If someone wants to play a new class and they only have 2-3 at max level, then there's plenty others to tryout. If they want to get picky and demand something new, then they can simply unsubscribe and play some other RPG where everything will feel new. As someone who plays every class at max level, I can safely say there's too many similarities and I only see it going downhill from here unless they focus on the current classes. If blizzard creates some awesome new ability for tinkers, guess what, no current class will get that same ability? They'll have to have a handful of abilities like this and that's 5 or so abilities that very easily could have been applied to current classes.

I agree too, it isn't picky to want to play a new class, but it 100% is if they decline to play other classes they've yet to experience. If those are the types of players demanding a new class, then I already see them as a spoiled brats and honestly have no desire to play games with them. Blizzard would only be shooting themselves in the foot by listening to those childish players.
    No, I agree that players shouldn't absolutely refuse to try a new class if they're bored with their current class. I myself finally broke down and tried most of the classes in Legion, seeing if there was something else I wanted to play besides the usual hunter/druid/shaman I play. Only thing I didn't have at max level was a rogue, but I was in the process of leveling one. That said, there are probably plenty of players who would like to see x class fantasy fulfilled in the game, and would come back to the game or play more if that class made it into the game.

Which is honestly where class skins would be nice here, I think. Same classes, different looks. Fulfills aesthetic niches without adding extra balancing. Lore immersion. Blah blah blah. I myself would prefer that over a new class, at least currently. And not just because the only class fans are asking for right now that interests me is dragonsworn. xP

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its funny bc the 3 xpacs u mentioned without new races/classes were seen as being terrible for so many other reasons than what u claimed...
    Also, Legion was an absolutely terrible expansion for the tremendous and lasting damage it did to class design. What an utter disaster. It's going to take so much effort to fix it, if they can even fix it.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

This argument of "fix current classes before adding new ones" always makes me roll my eyes, its not like only one developer can work at any given time, they have multiple people working on multiple stuff. If they focus on solving the problem that classes suck it wouldn't mean that they succeed on it, and if they make a new class it doesn't necessarily mean that the other classes would be in a bad spot. If you want an example look at MoP, new class introduced and most classes were in a good spot, now look at BFA, no new class and current classes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    This argument of "fix current classes before adding new ones" always makes me roll my eyes, its not like only one developer can work at any given time, they have multiple people working on multiple stuff. If they focus on solving the problem that classes suck it wouldn't mean that they succeed on it, and if they make a new class it doesn't necessarily mean that the other classes would be in a bad spot. If you want an example look at MoP, new class introduced and most classes were in a good spot, now look at BFA, no new class and current classes suck.
    Mop class design was utter garbage. Tanks being best dpses, auto absorb thru damage priests, affli locks outclassing everyone in AOE. MM hunter literally -50% from worst spec. BM hunter removing you from arena with 1 button.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Mop class design was utter garbage.
    lol

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Coming from classic, while not perfect, classes are 100x more fun in bfa than they were back then. I would however like to see a shift towards the more wrath to mop era design

That said, bring in a new class too, new classes are fun
    yea,classes in classic are sooooo fun,not being able to play 90% specs is a pure joy

You are passing a falsehood for fact. The classes were ruined with Legion. They had no new class in BfA and did almost nothing to fix them.
    New class and supporting existing classes is not dependant from each other. They broke the classes in Legion cause they wanted to. No one asked them to do it. Heck if i'm gonna pass on my new class to make up for their self inflicted maladies.

Besides, there is no garantee that even if they did what you propose that the classes would indeed be fixed. So, stop spreading fallacies. New class has nothing to do with existing ones and is one of the most exciting features xpacs can bring.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This is just statistical cherry-picking imo. I think we all know that those expansions being crap had very little to do with a new class, and everything to do with their designs. BfA wouldn't be any better if they had added Tinkers or Dragoncucks or whatever other nonsense class the community is frothing over these days. BfA is bad because it's systems and designs are bad.
    This. BFA has been the worst for me. After coming from legion it feels like a very watered down version of it in every aspect and the Azerite system is very awful which is the major stepdown of the game imo.

Classes weren't all broken. Change of style isn't breaking it, and some were still decent. Others were turned into builder spenders and BfA made it worse across the board.

edit: misquoted
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-10-20 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Classes weren't all broken. Change of style isn't breaking it, and some were still decent. Others were turned into builder spenders and BfA made it worse across the board.
    If you took the Base class design from any artifact powers or any legendaries the classes were s*** you essentially had the full class in the pre patch

I think the majority of players don't actually care that much about class balance... they just play whatever seems fun at any given time. I have like 10 characters I play, and never really mind one being better than the other. I prefer variety.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yea,classes in classic are sooooo fun,not being able to play 90% specs is a pure joy
    what 90%? you don't even know wtf your are talking about. literally.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Yeah, now if he/she/it had said 95%, that would be pretty spot on.

Also classic is doing so well that they had to rush the DM release because every zone was turning into ghost towns.

Well OP, who says that a new class IS a priority? (and that is before I wonder how you know Blizzard's roadplan for the next x-pac)

But I guess we could claim there was a new class every 2nd x-pac following WotLK...so I guess that confirms it? Also...wether they are Tinkers, Bards, Warden or whatever...forumgoers seem to be anxious to get new classes. Or..hell..at least sub-classes...like allied races could be called sub-races to existing races?

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Same here...I always wondered on what cutting edge these people play to call classes broken. I am playing currently a Protection Paladin, a Blood DK, Affliction lock, Vengeance DH, Feral druid and honestly cannot see much of a difference, not even the GCD gone bothers me. Sure, there is that extra essence button now - but I think the only speccs that I gave up on were rogues (all of them) and disc priests...but that was already in Legion.

But yeah...I don't do mythic raids or mythic+ - so what do I know...maybe if you want to be in the top 100 raiding or play mythic beyond +10, you cannot play "90%" of speccs. I am prepared to be enlightened. Then again...claims like "classes are unplayable" have been a constant thread on this forum, so whatever.

@det the 90% was refering to the wow classic, not retail one, else good luck trying to main a prot pally or even a ret pally there.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Also, Legion was an absolutely terrible expansion for the tremendous and lasting damage it did to class design. What an utter disaster. It's going to take so much effort to fix it, if they can even fix it.
    My favorite expansion by far. Opinions be opinions, friend.

I can only see them introducing new races to the game as allied races system. Which free up the art, etc from not doing a full blown starting area. Something has to sell Expansion boxes or units. Vulpera and Mechgnomes would be not something that would sell that many units, probably why they are in 8.3 and you dont have to buy the next expansion to access them. Unlike Void Elves and Lightforge at 7.3 and BfA purchased. Even though BfA moved a lot of units, it is still lack luster overall. Not introducing a new class or a 4th spec(Which i hate that idea) this next expansion will cause things to be stale. New thing to grind out isnt going to sell units, the story is not going to sell units.

Personally I hope a new class is announce and not be melee.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Not introducing a new class or a 4th spec(Which i hate that idea) this next expansion will cause things to be stale.
    not necessary, even redesign of existing classes would give faar more shake-up to the gameplay than introduction of another class
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    New thing to grind out isnt going to sell units, the story is not going to sell units.
    introduction of yet another bland, boring and uninspired class won't either

Roll class/spec design back to Legion and it's perfect. Had fun on all classes, had 2 max level of 3 of them, never had that amount of characters at max level before, it was awesome. Miss Marksman from Legion a lot, what they did to it in this expansion was horrible. First expansion I don't play MM since vanilla? BfA.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

The last few classes have been melee, so a Ranged class would be better. Yes, I consider healing monk a melee class...
    Shaman Raid Tank aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...