Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    tanks were the best dps because of a mechanic (vengeance), not because of class design.
    Vengeance was part of class design. It was this very design which encouraged to tanks to stand in all possible shit to raise vengeance to maximum and outdps everyone and anyone. Every tank spec had their own version of this passive.

For me it is a priority. I am a casual player, and i care more about that, then most other things. So new class yes.
    and leveling is so easy. Most hard core players have a few classes at max level, so they just change around

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    For me it is a priority. I am a casual player, and i care more about that, then most other things. So new class yes.
    and leveling is so easy. Most hard core players have a few classes at max level, so they just change around
    You will will fool around for a few hours, "discover" all five abilities, get bored and move on. And we will be left with a mess for next 2years. Seems like a plan.
    Meanwhile you could get 12 "old" classes with all new painting, flavors and things/mechanics to discover, and in case you get bored you could always reroll.
    Hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    You will will fool around for a few hours, "discover" all five abilities, get bored and move on. And we will be left with a mess for next 2years. Seems like a plan.
    Meanwhile you could get 12 "old" classes with all new painting, flavors and things/mechanics to discover, and in case you get bored you could always reroll.
    Hard decision.
    If it can heal, I'll definitely play the new class, at least for some medium rated PvP and some easy keys. I play every healer at max level because I enjoy trying different classes. If it suits me, that's what I'll focus on for PvP, and if not, I'll at least go for the elite transmog. Not everyone plays the same way, and if a class plays a bit differently, some people are bound to like it.

The classes weren't balanced perfectly in expansions without new classes.

The argument is fallacious

Remember in BC. Cataclysm, and WoD when classes were perfectly balanced before a new class destroyed everything?

Telling other players that they'll get bored and move on from a new class also ignores the players who main Death Knights, Demon Hunters and Monks
    Last edited by bryroo; 2019-10-20 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post

Remember in BC. Cataclysm, and WoD when classes were perfectly balanced before a new class destroyed everything?

Telling other players that they'll get bored and move on from a new class also ignores the players who main Death Knights, Demon Hunters and Monks
    Classes were never balanced as good as they are now. It was complete garbage fiesta before

Hard decision.
    Not really. I have 11 Classes at 120. I like to level. It not like i dont want them to fix Stuff. the truest things blizzard have said in years was that they have removed to many abilitys. I get maybe why symbiote was removed, but so many things have been removed. My level 22 Shaman in classic got more abilitys then my 120 Shaman in retail.
    On another personal note, i want them change back survival to more of an elemental / Dot based hunters, who the fuck thought Hunters should be Melee..
    i have many problems But unless they do a Mop -> WoD level of class change, it wont matter a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post

What part of the OP makes you think that balance is my primary concern? Stale, pruned, one dimensional toolkits -- a lack of interesting gameplay -- is the problem.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Not really. I have 11 Classes at 120. I like to level. It not like i dont want them to fix Stuff. the truest things blizzard have said in years was that they have removed to many abilitys. I get maybe why symbiote was removed, but so many things have been removed. My level 22 Shaman in classic got more abilitys then my 120 Shaman in retail.
    its not even strictly about the sheer amount of abilities itself, its also about how they work and what uses they have AND how they interact with "things" most of which you can't even really read out of their tooltips
    while it all is not some kind of rocket science or anything hard it gives some joy of of discovering all the different usages, wheres on BfA wow they work is such a binary way everything is straight out obvious and straightforward
    Like... BfA is comprasion is more "action based" but there is very little of "know how" aspect compared to classic (and some bits later)
    On another personal note, i want them change back survival to more of an elemental / Dot based hunters, who the fuck thought Hunters should be Melee..
    i have many problems But unless they do a Mop -> WoD level of class change, it wont matter a lot.
    What makes you think "hunters have to be ranged"? I'd wager they should be able to go either way, and keep the access to both melee and ranged abilities intact.
    MoP>WoD transition in terms of class design was quite a smooth one imho. WoD>Legion on the other hand... and not for any good(imo).

3+ Year Old Account
    Adding new specs and/or class. Cool

Now these are the requirements and reps needed. Lol

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if I told you that their teams are large enough to redesign the current specs and introduce new ones?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What if I told you that their teams are large enough to redesign the current specs and introduce new ones?
    What if I told you it costs money? And chances are they'd rather keep costs low and profit high.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if I told you it costs money? And chances are they'd rather keep costs low and profit high.
    Ok but haven't they already done this in the past? I see no reason why it couldn't happen again.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA, with an abundance of problems including: spec fantasy was prioritized over existing class fantasy, ability pruning has compressed skill gaps and made gameplay stale and one dimensional, tuning problems exist in both PvE and PvP.

Therefore it should be a bigger priority of the development team to fix the existing 36 specs and ensure that every single one of them is fun to play, mechanically interesting, feels connected to the greater class first with the specialization being more secondary, and well tuned for PvE and PvP content, BEFORE introducing any new specs or classes into the game.
    yea well they added demon hunters in legion while also revamping every single spec and adding spec-specific talents, artifact trees, legendary effects. should be no problem for them to do both in 9.0

yeah because a new class isn't worth it? LUL. Just take a look at the number of people coming back every time just for the new class.

I personally hope they add both tinkerers and necromancers at the same time. These fools pretending there was ever a good state of balance of classes have extremely poor memories. Also, if the team is large enough, they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Its fallacious to say that adding a new class will destroy balance, simply because there never was perfect balance even in their version of much more ideal circumstances.

The best lesson they could take from the success of classic is that it’s fun to play a class over a spec.

The reason all the spells have been pruned is because they have promoted spec based gameplay and tuned each spec around damage and removed utility and support.

A return to class based gameplay would provide a reason to unprune. Class based gameplay is more about utility and support over raw damage. I buff you and you buff him and he debuffs the boss to increase melee damage, etc. and in the end the group succeeds because we all support each other.

But we can still nerf mages.

PRoblem is current class design revolves all around the rotation itself rather than whole "toolkit" and gameplay. So returning of few more abilities will do nothing to solve this.

The "no new class" camp feels like a boring conservative political group. Gaming arguments shouldn't boil down to "we have problems, let's solve them first before adding new things".

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    This isn't an either/or scenario. They can create a new class and implement class changes that are pretty far reaching at the same time. MoP is proof of this.
    MoP class philosophy was just the logical evolution of the Cata class philosophy: Make all classes fastpaced with a high skillcap, while giving everybody tons of defensives/movement spells/dps CDs. Which is why those 2 expansions are widely considered the peak of classdesign. If you mean the Lock redesign in MoP, that was something new yes, but the philosophy which said design was based on, was just more of what Cata had done earlier.

One might argue that said "high speed, high skill" classdesign started in WotLK for certain classes, and that it continued in WoD and Legion (although with defensives/movement spells/Dps CDs being much less abundant), but it was without a doubt at its peak in Cata and MoP.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2019-10-21 at 07:05 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory