Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Even with your 4% Buff I won't bring our 90+ Parse WW Monk To My Raid.

Hey guys Janz here,

I came into the forums because I think it is important to keep the momentum going. A buff to WW is nice, but it isn't enough. Sadly the overall 4% increase on single target will not make me bring our WW monk to more cutting edge content.

He's not a shitter, he scored 90-100 parses on (4)5/8 (when we had to sit him) and knows his class, is current on the monk discord and has the skills to play another class just as well. Alas he wants to WW.

So as a raid leader, I have no choice but to take a class over a player. Anything he brings, I can get elsewhere and have better.

WW monks, keep pushing, use this post, do whatever you can, get more!

Bring back, bring the player.
    Last edited by Stormbreed; 2019-10-09 at 12:02 AM.

Hey Janz, whoever you are.

Thank you for your well thought out blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Hey guys Janz here,

I came into the forums because I think it is important to keep the momentum going. A buff to WW is nice, but it isn't enough. Sadly the overall 4% increase on single target will not make me bring our WW monk to more cutting edge content.

He's not a shitter, he scored 90-100 parses on (4)5/8 and know his class, is current on the monk discord and has the skills to play another class just as well. Alas he wants to WW.

So as a raid leader, I have no choice but to take a class over a player. Anything he brings, I can get elsewhere and have better.

i kinda suspect OP is a WW monk himself and made up being a raid leader to get more buffs
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Hey guys Janz here,

He's not a shitter, he scored 90-100 parses on (4)5/8 and know his class, is current on the monk discord and has the skills to play another class just as well. Alas he wants to WW.

Cool.

Good luck I guess, whoever you are. If you're only 5/8 is it really that important to shit on your friends to that level?
    Last edited by angrys13; 2019-10-08 at 11:23 PM. Reason: wrong hyphen

Thing is i don't doubt he's a good player, but being 90+ parse on a bad spec is easier due to it being as you said not worth taking to cutting edge progress.

where as if he played the most FotM specs it's much harder to parse 90+ due to there being sometimes upto 20 times more logs for that spec.

I have experienced this as elemental shaman during 4 expansions, WW won't become good enough tough shit blizzard won't give it the buffs it needs it's always a 4-5% buff and proper changes will come in 9.0

That being said if you can't clear current content with a WW monk parsing 90+ your guild isn't that good either and he's not holding you back others are.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Cool.

Good luck I guess, whoever you are. If you're only 5/8 is it really that important to shit on your friends to that level?
    To be clear, he would be 8/8 but I had to start sitting him at 4 or 5/8 because even with 90+ parse he wasn't doing enough damage/aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    i kinda suspect OP is a WW monk himself and made up being a raid leader to get more buffs
    Sometimes you don't need to lie, the WW monk in question is a great player, and dedicated raider, I'm sad that I can't bring him because of game design and think Monk's should stomp their feet louder, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Last edited by Stormbreed; 2019-10-09 at 05:25 PM.

No wonder this forum died, perfectly valid post and people just gang up and bully him if you're not on the in crowd, glad I quit this game years ago, glad to see y'all are still miserable as ever.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Hey Janz. We brought a WW monk to every single one of our progress kills and finished comfortably in the top 30 raiding 16 hours a week.

Other guilds have brought WW Monks to all of 8/8.

So I'mma put down dows as being a shitter, or an asshole. You can pick.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Hey Janz. We brought a WW monk to every single one of our progress kills and finished comfortably in the top 30 raiding 16 hours a week.
    But you could have finished top 20 without 'em

/s this is obviously just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    But you could have finished top 20 without 'em

/s this is obviously just a joke
    [x] Hard Doubt

If you're serious, I hope your monk finds a better guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    No wonder this forum died, perfectly valid post and people just gang up and bully him if you're not on the in crowd, glad I quit this game years ago, glad to see y'all are still miserable as ever.
    hey, i remmeber you. you used to get in arguements with people and banned a lot.

glad to see you stopped playing a game you dont like but still come and post in the forums.

Yeah 5/8 is the raw deal. Go Janz go!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Hey guys Janz here,

He's not a shitter, he scored 90-100 parses on (4)5/8 (when we had to sit him) and knows his class, is current on the monk discord and has the skills to play another class just as well. Alas he wants to WW.

What boss can't you kill with half of the raid being ww monks? Stop blaming class, blame players. Sure, someone may be pulling numbers, but if he's not doing mechanics, he's the reason of wipes, not WWs somewhat lack of dps. Sit players who underperform mechanics regardless of their numbers and you will see progress. Bring the player is here, especially at this stage of tier. We're doing random mythic clears now with everyone picking whatever they want and there are no problems. WW monk is not your guild's problem (if he does raid mechanics correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    What boss can't you kill with half of the raid being ww monks? Stop blaming class, blame players. Sure, someone may be pulling numbers, but if he's not doing mechanics, he's the reason of wipes, not WWs somewhat lack of dps. Sit players who underperform mechanics regardless of their numbers and you will see progress. Bring the player is here, especially at this stage of tier. We're doing random mythic clears now with everyone picking whatever they want and there are no problems. WW monk is not your guild's problem (if he does raid mechanics correctly).
    He's one of the best fundamental players I've had the pleasure of playing with. But in the same situation a player who makes mistakes but makes more overall damage wins out if its not wiping the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's one of the best fundamental players I've had the pleasure of playing with. But in the same situation a player who makes mistakes but makes more overall damage wins out if its not wiping the raid.
    How about you drop this min-maxing bullshit and remember that at the end of the day it's just a game and that bringing this WW monk along isn't going to crucify your progression?

But in the same situation a player who makes mistakes but makes more overall damage wins out if its not wiping the raid.
    You do realise that in a 20 player raid one person doing 10% more dmg than someone else is like, what, 0.6-0.7% overall raid DPS increase? I'd rather take the guy who makes less mistakes to be honest. Especially if he takes a lot less avoidable damage and is therefore a lower healer burden, freeing healers up to focus more on patching up non-avoidable damage, which is arguably just as important to progression, if not more so.

We get enough of this elitist crap in Classic where we only care about people with the absolute highest DPS. It's just a game. If what you're saying is true, then bringing this WW will make an infinitesimally small difference to your raid's DPS output but it'll show respect for your fellow guild mate by acknowledging him a chance to raid from time to time.

So as a raid leader, I have no choice
    I hate fatalistic crap like this. Of course you have a choice. Don't hide behind lies. You're the raid leader, you can do what you want.

Unless you are going for world top 10 or something, there's literally no reason to be this selective. For your run-of-the-mill mythic guild, you get to be flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

And finally I'd like to point out that there's more to what makes a good DPS in raids than their DPS. Look at damage taken (lower is obviously better). Look at utility, and on some fights, don't look so much at overall DPS, and instead look at critical DPS when it matters, such as burst DPS when priority adds need nuking.

If I'm doing a boss fight that has a big nasty add that needs to die quickly, I'd 100% legit prefer a player who does 10% less DPS overall throughout the fight, but does FAR MORE burst on priority targets when required, because he's arguably contributing far more effectively when it really matters.

No offense but you sound like a really really terrible raid leader if you're not even considering these basic logical factors when deciding to bench a player repeatedly.

And I repeat: "I'd rather take the guy who makes less mistakes to be honest. Especially if he takes a lot less avoidable damage and is therefore a lower healer burden, freeing healers up to focus more on patching up non-avoidable damage, which is arguably just as important to progression, if not more so."

Here we are. Me, a guy who led some Naxx pugs in WotLK, and you, an apparent mythic raid leader, and yet I seem to have more common sense than you about the basics of raid composition? Wtf?
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-20 at 04:58 PM.

To be clear, he would be 8/8 but I had to start sitting him at 4 or 5/8 because even with 90+ parse he wasn't doing enough damage/aoe.

- - - Updated - - -.
    hey Janz can you link your armoury and your 8/8 logs please

shall review to see how a WW monk can fit

thanks

looking forward to these links

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    How about you drop this min-maxing bullshit and remember that at the end of the day it's just a game and that bringing this WW monk along isn't going to crucify your progression?

You do realise that in a 20 player raid one person doing 10% more dmg than someone else is like, what, 0.6-0.7% overall raid DPS increase? I'd rather take the guy who makes less mistakes to be honest. Especially if he takes a lot less avoidable damage and is therefore a lower healer burden, freeing healers up to focus more on patching up non-avoidable damage, which is arguably just as important to progression, if not more so.

We get enough of this elitist crap in Classic where we only care about people with the absolute highest DPS. It's just a game. If what you're saying is true, then bringing this WW will make an infinitesimally small difference to your raid's DPS output but it'll show respect for your fellow guild mate by acknowledging him a chance to raid from time to time.

I hate fatalistic crap like this. Of course you have a choice. Don't hide behind lies. You're the raid leader, you can do what you want.

Unless you are going for world top 10 or something, there's literally no reason to be this selective. For your run-of-the-mill mythic guild, you get to be flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

And finally I'd like to point out that there's more to what makes a good DPS in raids than their DPS. Look at damage taken (lower is obviously better). Look at utility, and on some fights, don't look so much at overall DPS, and instead look at critical DPS when it matters, such as burst DPS when priority adds need nuking.

If I'm doing a boss fight that has a big nasty add that needs to die quickly, I'd 100% legit prefer a player who does 10% less DPS overall throughout the fight, but does FAR MORE burst on priority targets when required, because he's arguably contributing far more effectively when it really matters.

No offense but you sound like a really really terrible raid leader if you're not even considering these basic logical factors when deciding to bench a player repeatedly.

And I repeat: "I'd rather take the guy who makes less mistakes to be honest. Especially if he takes a lot less avoidable damage and is therefore a lower healer burden, freeing healers up to focus more on patching up non-avoidable damage, which is arguably just as important to progression, if not more so."

Here we are. Me, a guy who led some Naxx pugs in WotLK, and you, an apparent mythic raid leader, and yet I seem to have more common sense than you about the basics of raid composition? Wtf?

The point of this thread went over your head, thanks for wasting time making a post about it. We need Blizzard to actively balance spec's, and people like you spend time on here writing novels rather then addressing the real problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    hey Janz can you link your armoury and your 8/8 logs please

shall review to see how a WW monk can fit

thanks

looking forward to these links
    Sure can, but I'll have to ask the HR guy if he's okay with it.... Until then, see if you can direct your anger at blizzard for not balancing all spec's to be within a certain gap of one another so we see a more equal representation.