Thread: Vulpera names

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Anotherjokerace

I'll check if Foxmulder is still free on my realm.
    P.s. already gone :-/
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-10-30 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I don't live in Norway, and I got it.
    So it got that popular outside of Norway? Ylvisbrødrene (Ylvis brothers) is mostly just a Norwegian comedy group, that made that song for laughs, and I guess it kinda blew up?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

They made Morgan Freeman read the lyrics to The Fox, and they went on Fallon. Pretty decently known, I'd expect.

edit: I call shenanigans. No norwegian could ever not know that The Fox blew up. Our favorite hobby is asking foreigners what they think about <thing from Norway>, of course it was plastered all over the news when The Fox went viral.

Maybe they don't need to be named all after one culture? Maybe they are just partly inspired by Japanese culture.

I'm going with a gypsy name for mine because the vulpera culture reminds me most of gypsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    So it got that popular outside of Norway? Ylvisbrødrene (Ylvis brothers) is mostly just a Norwegian comedy group, that made that song for laughs, and I guess it kinda blew up?
    What does the fox says turnee into a world wide phenomenon, it was on the news all over the world. Doesn't it have like 850 million views atm on youtube?^^

Edit: 889million views as of this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What does the fox says turnee into a world wide phenomenon, it was on the news all over the world. Doesn't it have like 850 million views atm on youtube?^^

Edit: 889million views as of this post!
    Yikes, there's more furries out there than I thought.

Nah just kidding. Knew it blew up, but not at that scale, most people in Norway fucking hate it.

Kinda funny though, as it was just a parody of the music these days. They kinda hit the mark, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I think I'm going with "Stitch" for mine. Wasn't something I thought out in great detail, I just have like 50 toons worth of names reserved on my server (last time they did a purge, I went on a grabbing spree for every decent name I could think of that was now free'd up)...

A week or so ago I went through all those names I was holding and asked, "Which one of these is the best fit?" ... Stitch was the winner.

It's not a clever fox pun, but at least they're both fuzzy and have big ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    Exactly, Rocket is the canon for this race. Guardians of the Galaxy was the reason why Blizz implemented Vulpera in the first place.

#Idarealrocket

PS.
    Since they can be hunters, Blizz will probably add "Tame a tree" in 9.0
    We've got https://www.wowhead.com/item=129362/broot#comments

Bonus points for it actually being a really useful battle pet for its durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsawferret View Post
    I managed to get the name Rommel. After all Vupera are desert foxes...
    Let's see how long you'll be able to keep that before getting flagged for a namechange.
    Probably depends on the region. I play on a German server, I'd probably get reported instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeDemonHunters View Post
    I've reserved a rogue called Bladefurry
    This is genius, stealing that idea. Name's not taken yet fortunately.

If you're looking for something that goes more with lore, this generator comes up with some really Vulpera-ish sounding names and is better than the Vulpera name generator on the same site.

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.co...folk-names.php

"Mozilla" for a fire mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty surprised I was able to get "Zorro".
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    "Mozilla" for a fire mage.
    Or Waterfox for a resto shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I was just asking myself what kind of names Vulpera have.

When I looked up on gamepedia it says japanese names, but I'm not sure if this is right

At first they sound japanese, yeah.

Kiro, Nisha

but e.g. Meerah wouldn't fit in.

So I just had a look and Kiro and Nisha are also names that come from areas around the Black Sea. Same like Meerah.

What do you guys think?
    Depending the class. I think Meerah works more with everything. And it's a beautiful name. I would pick that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Names:

Meerah
    Ash
    Eevee
    Kitsune
    Vixen
    Shinichi
    Kaori
    Ayaka
    Kei
    Kalliya
    Kira
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-05 at 06:18 AM.

Stonecold or Canidaecane

3+ Year Old Account
    uwuxdaddyxuwu

xxfurryboiixx

xdogdickx

fürrÿ

üwüdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pretty surprised I was able to get "Zorro".
    I was surprised to be able to get "Tails" in my main realm.