Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Do i really need to list it ?
    Nelf consist of ppl who are over 10k years old (they don't even consider them above teenage until they pass 250 years, 250 f8cking years, no human even live like that) who led the world many times, Draenei are literally immortals, dwarfs average life is 250 and can reach 1k easily
    then there is a race that lives a pitiful 70 years average, and even die usually earlier
    Guess who is given leadership?
    And above all else, Anduin is given leadership and he is still teenage or at best young adult, entire alliance races and reskinned 'allied' races couldn't find anyone to lead them except a 17 year old baby, this is disgusting and i'm glad i don't main alliance because this is really disgusting, even if Anduin is born in royalty, his entire life experience is still shorter than any other leader in both alliance and horde side
    Humans are by far the most populous race on Azeroth and if I am not mistaken they can live for a long time too, at least mages.

I used to dislike Anduin. Now I like him because he won a war at 18. People don’t acknowledge that forgiveness is a powerful force, and it caused the Alliance to win and oust Sylvanas. And before someone says “but Teldrassil” No one gives AF about the Night Elves, not even their own goddess so keep it.

Maybe it’s because he isn’t a bundle of roid rage like most males in WoW? The most common insults I see on here are soyboy, beta, gay, etc. It’s honestly ridiculous.
    change can't wait.

The only irrationality is hating the character and not Christie Golden. He is written pretty badly though, so deserves a lot of the shit. He has no flaws to speak of on a moral level. That's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    There is a distinction though, for instance: I dislike Rey in SW because she's a poorly written character. If another person likes Rey as a character I could argue with them over how I think she's a bad character.

That's not what's going on here, people are hating or loving characters based on their imaginary personality and imaginary actions as if they are real people.
    I didn't notice this kind of behavior about Anduin to be honest but you might be right, if someone get all worked up about a fictional character he's probably taking it too far
    I don't like him either but that's it.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I used to dislike Anduin. Now I like him because he won a war at 18. People don’t acknowledge that forgiveness is a powerful force, and it caused the Alliance to win and oust Sylvanas. And before someone says “but Teldrassil” No one gives AF about the Night Elves, not even their own goddess so keep it.

Maybe it’s because he isn’t a bundle of roid rage like most males in WoW? The most common insults I see on here are soyboy, beta, gay, etc. It’s honestly ridiculous.
    AFAIK Elune isn't just their goddess (aka some super powerful being amongst many others), but Elune is... God.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    He has no flaws to speak of on a moral level. That's just bad writing.
    Not everyone should be mentally ill/morally grey or have other weird psychological issues. He has no flaws on a moral level but is repeatedly shown to fail on other aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    AFAIK Elune isn't just their goddess (aka some super powerful being amongst many others), but Elune is... God.
    Nah, Elune is a loa of the moon. It’ll be revealed during Tyrande’s faith crisis and it explains why her baby daddy is a deer.
    change can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate Anduin, but I certainly understand why so many people do

It's a writer's pet character pushed to the spotlight in detriment to others. He's also the Alliance High King, a military position that should NOT be hereditary and should NOT be given to a boy who has never commanded an army before. Especially when there are military commanders with literal THOUSANDS of combat experience right there.

His quest for peace, just like Baine, ends up looking naive and irresponsible when so many of their allies have suffered through war.
    Is looking out for peace bad? No, of course it's not!
    But there has to be a limit. The Horde was commited to even killing innocents this time. Teldrassil should've lifted every doubt from his mind.
    He even freed one of the commanders responsible for Ashenvale's invasion and later genocide because 'he's sad'.
    That not only naive, but extremely disrespectful to his Night Elf allies.

The Horde had to be broken to ensure peace.
    He did kinda manage that: The Horde is nothing but a mere shell of its former self. For now.
    There are still Sylvanas supporters out there, hell, I guess even some Garrosh supporters are still there, itching to keep fighting.
    How long until we get another event where both factions end up in another pointless war.

If he wants to be a king that protects the Alliance, he NEEDS to enforce that peace. Not leave the Night Elves waiting for vengeance while telling them to not be bad.
    Sylvanas is out there, yet most of the troops she used are still alive. And Anduin seems content with leaving things as they are instead of making sure things won't escalate.

Again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

He crybaby soy wuss, why should I respect weak boy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Humans are by far the most populous race on Azeroth and if I am not mistaken they can live for a long time too, at least mages.
    u talking about guradian, which is exception, and they are immortal as long the council of tirisfal supply them with power
    99.999% of humans don't pass 100 in first place
    also humans aren't the most populous, it is still trolls, and if u count all elf types then elf also outnumber humans, goblins alone outnumber humans too
    but i don't see goblins deserve to lead, as i already said, in alliance the leadership should be to nelf because they are the oldest azerothian, draenei while immortals are aliens and their azeroth life is very short, if nelf can't lead it should be dwarfs who still far outlive humans and surely can be better leader just from sheer experience, then if both refuse humans can lead
    but that only after the 3 better races, heck Deathwing flat out said he prefer to disguise as human because humans are the easiest race to be corrupted, while elves (or nelfs specifically? can't recall) can hardest to corrupt, a confirm that humans are the worst race in wow to lead anything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    It is not Anduin's fault that Sylvanas has no regard and instead hate for life itself and thus will attack anyone and anything she feels like without remorse or thinking. So her a civilian population is nothing different then an army
    -
    The Alliance has a freaking...SPACESHIP. They could simply say: either you retreat from "EVERYWHERE" or Orgrimmar will be a pile of ash 15 minutes from now. We also have Jaina who could simply flood the place But BLizzard decided that Anduin felt "all alone". They wrote a story in a vacuum. Not in THIS world, Azeroth with all the things that belong into it.

Just to piss on the Alliance again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If he wants to be a king that protects the Alliance, he NEEDS to enforce that peace. Not leave the Night Elves waiting for vengeance while telling them to not be bad.
    Varian in the Legion cinematic:

"I now believe, as you do, that peace is the nobelest aspiration - but to preserve it, you must be willing to fight!"

Anduin in BfA:

"Fuck you daddy, I'm giving the Night Elven blade Shalamayne to the Butcher of Ashenvale!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Ya know, after reading this it made me realize. Horde and alliance have kind of swapped ... Alliance was a coalition while the Horde had a Warchief. Now Horde is ruled by a council and Alliance has a High King. o.0
    Yeah, but at least the Alliance council of those days wasn't composed of pitiful Horde appeasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I agree. Anduin, along with Baine, are peaceful to a vault. They have character consistency and growth (see Varians letter to Anduin changing his resolve to fight for peace). It's just that this board is absolutely filled with armchair writers or people with just plain boring or edgy GoT tier ideas.

I really do enjoy Anduin, his character is consistent and with room to grow as was shown. His striving for peace has even pissed off some of his allies, which shows an amount of character consistency that a lot of other do not get. Saurfang had great growth as a character too. I am just glad people here don't effect the writing on WoW or anything else, there are some truly bad ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The only irrationality is hating the character and not Christie Golden. He is written pretty badly though, so deserves a lot of the shit. He has no flaws to speak of on a moral level. That's just bad writing.
    How so? Can I get an example on any of his writing that is bad now that isn't logically consistent with how he's been since MoP?

5+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone should be mentally ill/morally grey or have other weird psychological issues. He has no flaws on a moral level but is repeatedly shown to fail on other aspects.
    But he never has to go through the consequences of those flaws, which thus remain on a purely discursive level, without affecting him in the slightest.

In this case, it's the NEs who have taken the blunt of the consequences of Anduin's mistakes. Yet everyone in the Alliance talks of him like the best thing since sliced bread, with the exception of Tyrande - and she's now "consumed by vengeance". We all know what that may entail.

Couldn't agree more. It's nice to see a character who is something different than the angry warmongers. I am glad to see the game evolve to something new and different.

I can understand people calling out any poor writing, but with Anduin I've more seen that people simply dislike him because he's a soft boy, more often than not.

I personally don't feel passionately about him one way or another. He's just softer than other men in WoW, which is fine.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But he never has to go through the consequences of those flaws, which thus remain on a purely discursive level, without affecting him in the slightest.

In this case, it's the NEs who have taken the blunt of the consequences of Anduin's mistakes. Yet everyone in the Alliance talks of him like the best thing since sliced bread, with the exception of Tyrande - and she's now "consumed by vengeance". We all know what that may entail.

He's at risk of losing Tyrande/the NE and the Gilneans because of his decision to only send a token force to fight in Darkshore. The broadcast text says so in 8.3.

Also, Have you not walked around in 8.2.5? You have people openly insulting him for wanting peace and conversing with an orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I can understand people calling out any poor writing, but with Anduin I've more seen that people simply dislike him because he's a soft boy, more often than not.

I personally don't feel passionately about him one way or another. He's just softer than other men in WoW, which is fine.
    You're living in the days of edgy teens who are SOIBOY posters. It's just the new phase of counter culture for the modern age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Anduin is a typical male
    Most people don't believe that. Especially people who unironically post like he does.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is boring with no faults. Has he never even gotten mad before?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    He's at risk of losing Tyrande/the NE and the Gilneans because of his decision to only send a token force to fight in Darkshore. The broadcast text says so in 8.3.

Also, Have you not walked around in 8.2.5? You have people openly insulting him for wanting peace and conversing with an orc.
    We'll see in 9.0 if there are any actual consequences. As of now there aren't any, other than a few harsh words, like Tyrande puts it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate him, he's not the most offensive character on the alliance side. I think he's just being shilled too hard by Blizzard as this paragon of virtue. At least he isn't Tyrande, now that character is one that deserves to be written off and pronto. She just keeps getting worse and worse with each expansion.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.