How does the halloween event work?

I read there are rewards for the event, currently it should be this:

Complete a run in under 1 hour and earn a Rastakhan’s Rumble Card Pack.
    Complete a run in under 40 minutes to earn a Golden Common Ancient Mysteries!

But what do I need to do exactly ? I don't see any ingame reference. Should I play the latest single player mode (the Uldum one)? But on heroic or normal? Chapter 1 or ? And isn't 40 minutes very fast fora 8 boss run ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to run the current Tavern Brawl (which is a baked down version of the single player adventure) and complete it under 40 minutes.

It is 8 bosses but the heroes you get to pick have stupid imbalanced hero powers and starting decks so it evens out. Not to mention that this Tavern Brawl counts for dailies

Just so you have some sort of references, I completed a run with Warlock (Rafaam) at around 36 mins so it is very doable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I literally almost had the 40 minute run on my second play through. Apparently Blizzard doesn't count stops in play as a "run". Second time through I was 40 minutes 2 seconds...oof

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I literally almost had the 40 minute run on my second play through. Apparently Blizzard doesn't count stops in play as a "run". Second time through I was 40 minutes 2 seconds...oof
    Last time they did something like this the timer started as soon as you drew your first card against the first boss and the 40 minutes was based on real time.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Last time they did something like this the timer started as soon as you drew your first card against the first boss and the 40 minutes was based on real time.
    Yeah, figured as much. It's pretty fun to play such cheesy decks where you can take a boss down in 4-6 turns most of the time. I think my last run took 8 turns to beat the Headless Horseman

Pick the shaman. Transform all minions in your deck into the doggo. And keep doing it n the folloqing encounters for some time till you have like 20 doggos. Crush your enemy with your Turn 1 20/20 Charge, Taunt minions. If you do not make it the first time in 40 minutes... restart. You keep the 20/20 Charge/ Taunt Doggo. For example now play Paladin, play Doggo on Turn 1. Give him Windfury and Divine Shield on turn 2. You should defeat every Boss, aside of Horseman and Lich at turn 2. Those die at worst at turn 5.