Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,644
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    The Keepers defeated all the Old Gods and they imprisoned them only because they realized what harm their death could do to the planet. Read the Chronicles.
    Pretty sure the Titans did most of that. Cause the Keepers themselves were struggling with the Elemental Lords, and all.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Pretty sure the Titans did most of that. Cause the Keepers themselves were struggling with the Elemental Lords, and all.
    I'm sure you need to read the Chronicles

  3. #83
    High Overlord W1shm4ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    I want inervate
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I'm sure you need to read the Chronicles
    Im sure he is right.

    The Titans dealt with the Old Gods themselves, they did send the Keepers to fight the armies of the Old Gods tho. They found out how much harm just killing them does, when Amanthul ripped out Y'Shaarj and leaving the massive wound that would later become the Well of Eternity.
    Sig by Thor

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Im sure he is right.

    The Titans dealt with the Old Gods themselves, they did send the Keepers to fight the armies of the Old Gods tho. They found out how much harm just killing them does, when Amanthul ripped out Y'Shaarj and leaving the massive wound that would later become the Well of Eternity.
    I’m sure you need to read the Chronicles, because Y'shaarj is the only one whom the Titans defeated themselves and all the other old gods defeated by the Keepers

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Im sure he is right.

    The Titans dealt with the Old Gods themselves, they did send the Keepers to fight the armies of the Old Gods tho. They found out how much harm just killing them does, when Amanthul ripped out Y'Shaarj and leaving the massive wound that would later become the Well of Eternity.

    They made the Keepers for that exact reason, because killing Y'Shaarj themselves did too much damage to Azeroth. The Titans could have plucked the other Old Gods out of the planet any time, but it would have done irreparable damage to the world soul. The Keepers were the ones who defeated/entrapped the OGs and brought down the Black Empire. That's why Y'Shaarj is just one organ and a disembodied ball of bad feelings while C'thun, Yogg, and now N'zoth have actual bodies and avatars despite having been defeated before. Locking them down was the best the Keepers could manage.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

  6. #86
    High Overlord W1shm4ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    I want inervate
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    They made the Keepers for that exact reason, because killing Y'Shaarj themselves did too much damage to Azeroth. The Titans could have plucked the other Old Gods out of the planet any time, but it would have done irreparable damage to the world soul. The Keepers were the ones who defeated/entrapped the OGs and brought down the Black Empire. That's why Y'Shaarj is just one organ and a disembodied ball of bad feelings while C'thun, Yogg, and now N'zoth have actual bodies and avatars despite having been defeated before. Locking them down was the best the Keepers could manage.
    Hmm... alright i guess. My knowledge might also be old, since at some point i stopped investing too much time into the lore. For example i liked the old lore much better. Old Gods being as strong as a titan and the titans still being an actual cosmic race of god-like beings.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I’m sure you need to read the Chronicles, because Y'shaarj is the only one whom the Titans defeated themselves and all the other old gods defeated by the Keepers
    So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

    Besides, i don't even own a single one of them or ever read them.
    Sig by Thor

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do.
    But they did. Only Y'sharrj was to strong for titanic keepers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

    Besides, i don't even own a single one of them or ever read them.
    It was in second chapter, "Primordial Azeroth".
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  8. #88
    Aww. EUGH.

    THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

    Man that's cool.

    It looks like, with the Nazjatar map, he's just so damned huge that his tentacles spill out over the side of it adjacent to her palace. If that'll be visible outside the raid, that'll be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I gotta say, Ny'alotha is so badass to look at. Looks extremely Lovecraftian, and it also looks like a mix between something from the Elder Gods, as well as the Chaos Gods from Warhammer. This is definitely a place that could seem to set up something relating to a future battle against the Void Lords.

    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...

    Proving Sargeras wrong. Talk about irony.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, N'zoth above Nazjatar is...uhm...

    NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! HELL NO! NO!!!!
    Who said the keepers couldn't? It was the titans themselves being misguided into thinking they couldn't kill them because ripping one out caused damage. Also we already defeated an essentially freed one considering Yogg controlled his jailers and his chains were also broken in his room. Cthun may or may not have been free hence the War of the Sands needing to seal him inside with his minions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Hmm... alright i guess. My knowledge might also be old, since at some point i stopped investing too much time into the lore. For example i liked the old lore much better. Old Gods being as strong as a titan and the titans still being an actual cosmic race of god-like beings.



    So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

    Besides, i don't even own a single one of them or ever read them.
    You can find pretty much all of the books online without paying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    They made the Keepers for that exact reason, because killing Y'Shaarj themselves did too much damage to Azeroth. The Titans could have plucked the other Old Gods out of the planet any time, but it would have done irreparable damage to the world soul. The Keepers were the ones who defeated/entrapped the OGs and brought down the Black Empire. That's why Y'Shaarj is just one organ and a disembodied ball of bad feelings while C'thun, Yogg, and now N'zoth have actual bodies and avatars despite having been defeated before. Locking them down was the best the Keepers could manage.
    Wrong. The keepers were sent initially and were getting slaughtered by Yshy boy and after he was gone the others were cake.

  10. #90
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Aww. EUGH.

    THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

    Man that's cool.

    It looks like, with the Nazjatar map, he's just so damned huge that his tentacles spill out over the side of it adjacent to her palace. If that'll be visible outside the raid, that'll be awesome.
    What do you mean "the dungeon is N'zoth"? I'm so confused. D:

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    From Wowhead

    Oh interesting lol. I don’t remember Yogg being that hard to run around

  12. #92
    The head is smaller than I thought

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Hmm... alright i guess. My knowledge might also be old, since at some point i stopped investing too much time into the lore. For example i liked the old lore much better. Old Gods being as strong as a titan and the titans still being an actual cosmic race of god-like beings.



    So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

    Besides, i don't even own a single one of them or ever read them.
    If you do not know how to use Google (finding the Chronicles is very easy), then this is not my fault.
    If you do not consider it necessary to read the Chronicles, but consider it necessary to argue about the lore (which you don't know), then this is not my fault.

  14. #94
    High Overlord W1shm4ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    I want inervate
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    If you do not know how to use Google (finding the Chronicles is very easy), then this is not my fault.
    If you do not consider it necessary to read the Chronicles, but consider it necessary to argue about the lore (which you don't know), then this is not my fault.
    Instead of writing nonsense you could read the entire thing you quoted and that my knowledge might be a bit old and not i don't know the lore. I can't stop Blizzard from chagining it so much, but what ever the point this is of arguing, besides i only made one post regarding that topic and ddin't keep arguing it was wrong afterwards.
    Sig by Thor

  15. #95
    ooh daddy.

  16. #96
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...
    They did tho.

    The only one the titanforged couldn't defeat and subjugate was Y'shaarj.
    Hence why Aman'thul had to intervene.

  17. #97
    Bloodsail Admiral Pantupino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Aww. EUGH.

    THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

    Man that's cool.

    It looks like, with the Nazjatar map, he's just so damned huge that his tentacles spill out over the side of it adjacent to her palace. If that'll be visible outside the raid, that'll be awesome.
    The nazjatar map is an old draft for the 8.2 nazjatar zone, was being worked during 8.0 and 8.1, nzoth part was scrapped later on.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Instead of writing nonsense you could read the entire thing you quoted and that my knowledge might be a bit old and not i don't know the lore. I can't stop Blizzard from chagining it so much, but what ever the point this is of arguing, besides i only made one post regarding that topic and ddin't keep arguing it was wrong afterwards.
    You could check your knowledge on wowpedia before writing nonsense, especially if you say that someone else is right

  19. #99
    The Titans are much stronger than the Old Gods. For Aman'thul to kill Y'shaarj was like an man killing a flea. The problem was that the Old Gods are buried too deep in Azeroth and killing Y'shaarj wounded the planet itself and the Titans were afraid that killing them all would also kill the world soul, so they devised a plan to jail all the Old Gods, and then the Titanforged and the Keepers jailed them.

    In fact, Odyn led the Titanforged and jailed all of the Old Gods. Why won't Odyn help us again i don't know since in Chronicles it's written that he is pretty much the responsible for jailing Yogg Saron.

    "By the time the Keepers and their allies reached Yogg-Saron, their forces were greatly diminished. They found that they lacked the strength of numbers to defeat the Old God. Yogg-Saron would have destroyed the titan-forged completely if not for the heroic efforts of Odyn.

    Although scarred and battered by war, Odyn summoned his waning strength and inspired the titan forged to launch a conterattack. He commanded Loken to weave a grand ilussion spell that force the C'Thraxxi to see themselves - and even Yogg-Saron - as the enemy. As the Black Empire's forces turned on one another, Odyn swooped in to cut down his confused foes. The other titan-forged followed his lead, and together they succeeded in pacifying Yogg-Saron. As they had doe with C'thun and N'zoth, the keepers buried the entity beneath the earth, locking it away in a monolithic enchanted prison."
    That's from Chronicles volume 1, Chapter 2 - Primordial Azeroth.

    So, the Old Gods are as powerful as the Keepers and the Void Lords must be as powerful as the Titans.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

  20. #100
    High Overlord W1shm4ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    I want inervate
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    You could check your knowledge on wowpedia before writing nonsense, especially if you say that someone else is right
    I will just leave it by that, i don't really see the point anymore in this.
    Sig by Thor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •