Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do.
    But they did. Only Y'sharrj was to strong for titanic keepers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

Besides, i don't even own a single one of them or ever read them.
    It was in second chapter, "Primordial Azeroth".
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Aww. EUGH.

THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

Man that's cool.

It looks like, with the Nazjatar map, he's just so damned huge that his tentacles spill out over the side of it adjacent to her palace. If that'll be visible outside the raid, that'll be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I gotta say, Ny'alotha is so badass to look at. Looks extremely Lovecraftian, and it also looks like a mix between something from the Elder Gods, as well as the Chaos Gods from Warhammer. This is definitely a place that could seem to set up something relating to a future battle against the Void Lords.

Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...

Proving Sargeras wrong. Talk about irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, N'zoth above Nazjatar is...uhm...

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! HELL NO! NO!!!!
    Who said the keepers couldn't? It was the titans themselves being misguided into thinking they couldn't kill them because ripping one out caused damage. Also we already defeated an essentially freed one considering Yogg controlled his jailers and his chains were also broken in his room. Cthun may or may not have been free hence the War of the Sands needing to seal him inside with his minions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... alright i guess. My knowledge might also be old, since at some point i stopped investing too much time into the lore. For example i liked the old lore much better. Old Gods being as strong as a titan and the titans still being an actual cosmic race of god-like beings.

So, instead of simply saying where this actually stands, you just repeat the same shit you said to the other one.

You can find pretty much all of the books online without paying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    They made the Keepers for that exact reason, because killing Y'Shaarj themselves did too much damage to Azeroth. The Titans could have plucked the other Old Gods out of the planet any time, but it would have done irreparable damage to the world soul. The Keepers were the ones who defeated/entrapped the OGs and brought down the Black Empire. That's why Y'Shaarj is just one organ and a disembodied ball of bad feelings while C'thun, Yogg, and now N'zoth have actual bodies and avatars despite having been defeated before. Locking them down was the best the Keepers could manage.
    Wrong. The keepers were sent initially and were getting slaughtered by Yshy boy and after he was gone the others were cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Aww. EUGH.

THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

Man that's cool.

It looks like, with the Nazjatar map, he's just so damned huge that his tentacles spill out over the side of it adjacent to her palace. If that'll be visible outside the raid, that'll be awesome.
    What do you mean "the dungeon is N'zoth"? I'm so confused. D:

The head is smaller than I thought

Hmm... alright i guess. My knowledge might also be old, since at some point i stopped investing too much time into the lore. For example i liked the old lore much better. Old Gods being as strong as a titan and the titans still being an actual cosmic race of god-like beings.

If you do not know how to use Google (finding the Chronicles is very easy), then this is not my fault.
    If you do not consider it necessary to read the Chronicles, but consider it necessary to argue about the lore (which you don't know), then this is not my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    If you do not know how to use Google (finding the Chronicles is very easy), then this is not my fault.
    If you do not consider it necessary to read the Chronicles, but consider it necessary to argue about the lore (which you don't know), then this is not my fault.
    Instead of writing nonsense you could read the entire thing you quoted and that my knowledge might be a bit old and not i don't know the lore. I can't stop Blizzard from chagining it so much, but what ever the point this is of arguing, besides i only made one post regarding that topic and ddin't keep arguing it was wrong afterwards.
    Sig by Thor

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...
    They did tho.

The only one the titanforged couldn't defeat and subjugate was Y'shaarj.
    Hence why Aman'thul had to intervene.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Aww. EUGH.

THE DUNGEON.
    IS. N'ZOTH.

Man that's cool.

The nazjatar map is an old draft for the 8.2 nazjatar zone, was being worked during 8.0 and 8.1, nzoth part was scrapped later on.
    [/URL]

Instead of writing nonsense you could read the entire thing you quoted and that my knowledge might be a bit old and not i don't know the lore. I can't stop Blizzard from chagining it so much, but what ever the point this is of arguing, besides i only made one post regarding that topic and ddin't keep arguing it was wrong afterwards.
    You could check your knowledge on wowpedia before writing nonsense, especially if you say that someone else is right

The Titans are much stronger than the Old Gods. For Aman'thul to kill Y'shaarj was like an man killing a flea. The problem was that the Old Gods are buried too deep in Azeroth and killing Y'shaarj wounded the planet itself and the Titans were afraid that killing them all would also kill the world soul, so they devised a plan to jail all the Old Gods, and then the Titanforged and the Keepers jailed them.

In fact, Odyn led the Titanforged and jailed all of the Old Gods. Why won't Odyn help us again i don't know since in Chronicles it's written that he is pretty much the responsible for jailing Yogg Saron.

"By the time the Keepers and their allies reached Yogg-Saron, their forces were greatly diminished. They found that they lacked the strength of numbers to defeat the Old God. Yogg-Saron would have destroyed the titan-forged completely if not for the heroic efforts of Odyn.

Although scarred and battered by war, Odyn summoned his waning strength and inspired the titan forged to launch a conterattack. He commanded Loken to weave a grand ilussion spell that force the C'Thraxxi to see themselves - and even Yogg-Saron - as the enemy. As the Black Empire's forces turned on one another, Odyn swooped in to cut down his confused foes. The other titan-forged followed his lead, and together they succeeded in pacifying Yogg-Saron. As they had doe with C'thun and N'zoth, the keepers buried the entity beneath the earth, locking it away in a monolithic enchanted prison."
    That's from Chronicles volume 1, Chapter 2 - Primordial Azeroth.

So, the Old Gods are as powerful as the Keepers and the Void Lords must be as powerful as the Titans.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could check your knowledge on wowpedia before writing nonsense, especially if you say that someone else is right
    I will just leave it by that, i don't really see the point anymore in this.
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They did tho.

The only one the titanforged couldn't defeat and subjugate was Y'shaarj.
    Hence why Aman'thul had to intervene.
    Well shit. That's pretty crazy.

Also, nothing says (and Chronicles kind of says that ripping out was the cause) that killing an Old God causes any damage to Azeroth.

The probably reason why Y'shaarj left a wound behind is because the Titans literally pulled him out of the ground.

Killing them in a more conventional manner might just kill it without any lasting damage.

I think N'zoths model was his size when he first arrived on Azeroth and then just grew extra layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Also, nothing says (and Chronicles kind of says that ripping out was the cause) that killing an Old God causes any damage to Azeroth.

The probably reason why Y'shaarj left a wound behind is because the Titans literally pulled him out of the ground.

Killing them in a more conventional manner might just kill it without any lasting damage.
    Death of the Old Gods caused a Cataclysm

that... was deathwing..

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    that... was deathwing..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d343AvMF4yA&t=4m55s

Except it didn't.

I have no idea how people interpret that from the Blizzcon interview.

They say "Have you played Cataclysm? Where the world gets messed up because of Old Gods?", and then directly references (and reveals) N'zoth, who was the reason N'zoth caused the Cataclysm.

It doesn't even make sense to say that the Old Gods caused the Cataclysm because we know exactly how and why the Cataclysm was caused ot begin with.