Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dont forget Nzoth's Heart model. Azshara tells us that the plan is to stick the knaifu on the heart to seal him up, so at some point during the fight were gonna get inside (related to the 1st pic on OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Titans could destroy the old gods. They actually did killed one of them, then realized it would destroy the planet so they imprisoned them.
    Never said they couldn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Ny'alotha seems gorgeous but as a drawn skybox, will it be static ? That'd be a shame if those tentacles didn't move an inch.
    The tentacles do move.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We strike at his core.

His HEAD!
    I really hope he's bigger than that, he's basically the same size as the other old gods and he's supposed to be fully freed

Man, I hope the raid is just a taste of a future zone. Having it all in just a raid seems like a waste of opportunity.

Ny'alotha seems gorgeous but as a drawn skybox, will it be static ? That'd be a shame if those tentacles didn't move an inch.
    The skyboxes on Argus were animated, so guessing it's the case here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Sorry, is the implication here that because the boss is separated into two encounters like Deathwing, this automatically becomes exactly the same? Then again that does sound like the over-reaching bitching people get up to here.
    Wouldn't say it's overblown. For me personally (and heroic raiders in general back in 4.3), Spine was a much more difficult fight and it made fighting Madness that much more dissapointing. Blizzard has definitely learned from this, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Man, I hope the raid is just a taste of a future zone. Having it all in just a raid seems like a waste of opportunity.
    I agree completely. Would have loved a Ny'alotha zone to run around in after it was teased for so long. Even though Nazjatar (another zone teased for just as long if not longer) ended up being disappointing for me.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2019-10-10 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Wouldn't say it's overblown. For me personally (and heroic raiders in general back in 4.3), Spine was a much more difficult fight and it made fighting Madness that much more dissapointing. Blizzard has definitely learned from this, I think.

I agree completely. Would have loved a Ny'alotha zone to run around in after it was teased for so long. Even though Nazjatar (another zone teased for just as long if not longer) ended up being disappointing for me.
    Yeah, hoping that it being part of 8.3 as a raid means they can do the zone justice as an expansion feature in the future. Wouldn't care for another Nazjatar, as much as they did try to make it seem like several zones in one, it still feels like a fish bowl. No pun intended. Ok, maybe intended.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    *Slowly draws Blade*
    *Pulls out meat scepter*

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I really hope he's bigger than that, he's basically the same size as the other old gods and he's supposed to be fully freed
    idk if this is what they intend, but the mass we see in azshara's flashback doesn't look anything like this form.

i think that the gigantic forms are probably a shell, and the true core of its sentience is much smaller and rooted in the center of the gigantic masses.

anyway, i really do like the look of all of this stuff. hope i'll have enough fortitude to sit through lfr for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like those sky tentacles. Cool idea for an encounter: A tentacle bridge that moves underneath you as you try and cross it, like a treadmill. You gotta clear enemies or walls on it faster than the the thing moves so you can get to the other side.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, who else is thinking of Skyrim's Apocrypha? I'm getting familiar vibes, just less books.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    *Pulls out meat scepter*
    BACK! BACK YOU HERETIC! D: This is assault!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    idk if this is what they intend, but the mass we see in azshara's flashback doesn't look anything like this form.

i think that the gigantic forms are probably a shell, and the true core of its sentience is much smaller and rooted in the center of the gigantic masses.

anyway, i really do like the look of all of this stuff. hope i'll have enough fortitude to sit through lfr for it.
    The mass we see is his carapace protecting him he's just a parasite.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a great design, the backdrop, showing just how massive he is in size, a fully unleashed old god covering everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    The mass we see is his carapace protecting him he's just a parasite.
    with a nice convenient hole leading straight to the gooey center.

wrathion and other strong people should have to bore a hole through the meat, it's so retarded this huge mass is OBVIOUSLY made to protect the "head" of the old god has a hole straight to it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    with a nice convenient hole leading straight to the gooey center.

wrathion and other strong people should have to bore a hole through the meat, it's so retarded this huge mass is OBVIOUSLY made to protect the "head" of the old god has a hole straight to it.
    What if it's a pumpfake? N'zoth is a manipulator, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    Gods, that thing is huge! How are we supposed to actually fight that? Focus on one eye and hope he dies?
    I can think of a few things:

1 - We use the sword of Sargeras from the wound in Silithis somehow.
    2 - We somehow reopen the portal to the Seat of the Pantheon and channel down sky lazers.
    3 - We channel or are entirely empowered by the Heart of Azeroth into something akin to titanic beings capable of standing up to an OG.
    4 - We free Nefarian from his corruption early in the raid and he works with the other dragon flights to destroy N'Zoth - think like final phase of Deathwing.
    5 - Magni chugs some Capri Sun and then challenges N'Zoth to a 1 on 1 basketball game and dunks on the tentacled one.

Clearly, number 5 is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It looks nice but i was so disappointed with antorus with how small it actually was and turned out to be just some hallways. I want a firelands style raid but much bigger
    You realize Antorus was literally just a single building, yeah? That's like saying that the Stormwind cathedral is the whole city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Considering the Old Gods are 1% tentacles and 99% madness, physical size is pretty irrelevant.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It most likely is, unfortunately
    Do you think it will be worth the effort?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You realize Antorus was literally just a single building, yeah? That's like saying that the Stormwind cathedral is the whole city.
    All youre saying is they had an entire city to use and they did some hallways. So yes, really disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    *Pulls out meat scepter*
    *Pull out a banana*
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines