Thread: Thura Saurfang

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why do names have power, just because they have the same name should they have aheroic abilities and intelelct? Why not make her a derpstick who licks kodo's for fun.

Pass on more Knaak garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Imagine being this insecure
    not being insecure, i dont mind them adding new female character, its just that getting a new male character after many were killed (saurfang, tirion, varian, voljin, maraad, doomhammer, rastakhan...) would be nice (not counting zappy boi because he was relevant for 2 quests)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    not being insecure, i dont mind them adding new female character, its just that getting a new male character after many were killed (saurfang, tirion, varian, voljin, maraad, doomhammer, rastakhan...) would be nice (not counting zappy boi because he was relevant for 2 quests)
    Still sad about maraad, I would like to see new male character young future leaders like zappy bio would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Still sad about maraad, I would like to see new male character young future leaders like zappy bio would be welcomed.
    ye he and doomhammer were axed so hard

Don't worry, that's your future Orc leader. Thrall is too busy licking Jaina's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Don't worry, that's your future Orc leader. Thrall is too busy licking Jaina's boots.
    Thought you were going somewhere else with that.

Weren't all Knaak era characters banished from the story?

ah yes, another female character added to the roster
    Get some help.
    change can't wait.

That'd only feel like a further kick from Blizzard about how we didn't get to have the cenarius axe for our warrior arms artifact weapon. </3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Weren't all Knaak era characters banished from the story?
    Looking at his history, it looks like he did a book on Varian (dead), Rhonin (also dead), Broxigar (dead)...

It's certainly a lot of them. Obviously not all because there's a lot of characters but enough to where you wonder if there's a pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You realize the odds are 50/50 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so rather then developing characters who have a connection to pre existing characters, you want them to think up new characters from nothing and have them be developed instead?

Hope its not to much of a shock the levels of hypocrisy your chanting here.
    Except shoehorning in someone's sister/brother/cousin/son/daughter gets real old and is poor advancement as things continue on.

I mean... it's not like we didn't just see some similar shoes being filled with how they wrote off Rastakhan and put in Talanji. Or dug up Calia and now have her getting postured to lead the forsaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Looking at his history, it looks like he did a book on Varian (dead), Rhonin (also dead), Broxigar (dead)...

It's certainly a lot of them. Obviously not all because there's a lot of characters but enough to where you wonder if there's a pattern.
    Me'dan is by far the worst and unfortunately still alive. Varian actually turned out to be a good character in Blizzard's hands, and I liked Rhonin too. I'd have preferred they killed Me'dan than Varian and Rhonin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Mists of Pandaria was almost 100% original lore and it was shat on when it was current BECAUSE it was mostly new lore (Mogu, Pandaren, Pandaria, Mantid, Zandalari, ToT, Timeless Isle, Y'Shaarj, The Sha, etc.). In fact many didn't want to give it a chance when it was first annouced sadly. I played it start to finish and loved it personally though.
    To that end, I remember when BC first launched and the player base cried out in anger because "It was space themed and not World of Warcraft related" and were just as outraged when the Draenei were added because they "Came out of no where". That expansion had both new and different along side "out of no where" and they were still outraged. Today however they hail it as the golden goose of wow. >.> Or at least that is how it comes off when you hear people gush over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

The problem is, Blizzard tends to allow writers to create characters for novels that never appear in-game, or have little to do in-game. And, in the end, if they do ever appear within World of Warcraft, it takes years.

From the same novel (Stormrage) they made Lucan Foxblood, a human that was born inside the Emerald Dream. Because of this, he was given powers to be able to teleport around the world, inside and outside the Dream. He went on to train as a druid after the events of Stormrage, but we never saw him in Cataclysm or Legion among the druids, and he has never been mentioned in the game at all.

Calia was mentioned briefly in a couple novels, but she never appeared in-game until Legion.

Broll Bearmantle and Valeera Sanguinar had brief appearances in WotLK after the comics (and Stormrage again for Broll) had developed them further, but they didn't have significant roles in-game until Legion.

Kur'talos Ravencrest was entirely developed in the War of the Ancients trilogy, and we hadn't heard much of him until he and his fortress appeared in Legion.

Sinestra/Sintharia had a small cameo in TBC, and was mostly developed in the novel Night of the Dragon. She showed up in one boss fight in Cataclysm, and she was mentioned in Legion, despite being the most important consort of Deathwing and the creator of the Twilight Dragonflight.

For the record, I have no problem with them adding characters like Thura or Lucan, but they just don't tend to. I think that Thura would be a great addition, though she has little personality of her own (other than "orc warrior with magical axe"), but they can develop that more. I can imagine that they shy away from adding novel-original characters because there is a smaller percentage of players that would recognize them. Not many players would know who Thura is, or why we should care. They would just have to develop her.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    New characters can be a problem. On one hand Garrosh and Varian were new and they are still remembered by the fanbase and have definitely left their mark in the overarching storyline of the franchise. On the other hand Med'an was also a brand new character...

I don't think the current writers have the skill to create new memorable characters, Talanji may have been just a happy accident amid a lot of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Nobody liked Varian
    Now that's a yikes right there
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-10-10 at 10:04 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

So? Does that make you feel insecure?

This would have been a great character to bring into the fold in Legion or WoD. But she wasn't. To just plop her into the story now would be sort of lame.

Oh hey everyone, here's a character you don't know that is related to two other characters you mostly know wielding a weapon you may have heard of

"HEY EVERYONE I'M HERE! *back story, back story* I'LL SAVE YOU"

No, I think it's waaaay too late for her, especially after Varok's death.

She’s a character I’ve wanted blizzard to develop for a long time... long before BFA and when fan-expacs were common-ish I dreamed of one similar to BFA where she kind of rallied the horde as the Alliance tore it apart and in the end she became Warchief.

She’s established in the world, but more or less a blank-slate, and with her familial connection could become a big new character.