Poll: N'zoths fate?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sylvanas steps in and kills the weakened worldsoul of Azeroth, killing us in the process and leaving N'zoth to rebuild the black empire in the waking world while we adventure in the shadowlands in an attempt to restore ourselves and Azeroth herself in the next expansion.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we trap him in the blade. The blade next expansion becomes our artifact weapon and can morph into different weapons based on class/spec. Then we all have N’zoth talking to us the expansion trying to “open our eyes”. Seems like something blizzard would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Wouldn’t be shocked if we trap him in the blade. The blade next expansion becomes our artifact weapon and can morph into different weapons based on class/spec. Then we all have N’zoth talking to us the expansion trying to “open our eyes”. Seems like something blizzard would do.
    Doubtful. They seem to want to step away from expansion specific features, and I really don't see them ever doing a new set of artifact weapons.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion puts the Old God in the blade, thus completing his redemption arc.

Then the Blade gets sealed somewhere until Blizz decides they need the Old Gods back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Doubtful. They seem to want to step away from expansion specific features, and I really don't see them ever doing a new set of artifact weapons.
    I do, but I think it's going to be something with more permanence.

Also us feeding godlike power into a blade housing one of Azeroth's greatest existential threats is dumber than Khadgar releasing Gul'dan that one time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You don't. He has it to guide the Horde to Nazjatar, the Horde and Alliance are stranded in Nazjatar, he say something about a mission and walks off into the water at the edge of Nazjatar, leaving you there with Thalyssra/Lor'themar/Oculeth and isn't seen again (?) until Orgrimmar in 8.2.5.

Azshara is in one of the Ny'alotha encounters, and gives the blade to the players.

So logically, he returned it to Azshara after leaving the players in Nazjatar, unless the entire thing is a ruse and the dagger she gives players/Wrathion is a fake, which seems unlikely since she is literally being tortured for plotting against N'zoth.
    G'uh damn it, I walked into a spoiler trap.

I really wish people would stop posting like everyone reads the datamined stuff and spoils things for themselves.

I guess this is where I exit this thread before I get more shit spoiled

You don't. He has it to guide the Horde to Nazjatar, the Horde and Alliance are stranded in Nazjatar, he say something about a mission and walks off into the water at the edge of Nazjatar, leaving you there with Thalyssra/Lor'themar/Oculeth and isn't seen again (?) until Orgrimmar in 8.2.5.

Azshara is in one of the Ny'alotha encounters, and gives the blade to the players.

So logically, he returned it to Azshara after leaving the players in Nazjatar, unless the entire thing is a ruse and the dagger she gives players/Wrathion is a fake, which seems unlikely since she is literally being tortured for plotting against N'zoth.
    Come to think of it that does make a lot of sense and explains why Azshara is getting whole Dreamwalker treatment in the raid.

I'm guessing that we'll be getting an old god break for 9.0, so either we kill him, or he gets daggered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    G'uh damn it, I walked into a spoiler trap.

I really wish people would stop posting like everyone reads the datamined stuff and spoils things for themselves.

I guess this is where I exit this thread before I get more shit spoiled
    I mean you come to a site that prides itself on datamining stuff and expect not to be spoiled? How did you even get here without passing the page full of datamined content on the front page?

I like to think that what we consider an Old god in full power and one of the most powerful beings we have ever faced is just a beginning and only the weakest of them all. We will either Kill him or he will get trapped in the blade. But that is just the beginning as more powerful beings will be set free (possibly by Nzoth himself and Xalatath as the soul we freed), namely: C’thun and Yogg’Saron.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Why are you in a thread about datamined stuff if you don't want to read datamined stuff?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm going with we use the dagger on him, just as he planned. What exactly happens after that, i'm not sure.
    Well that's what Azshara is planning. But maybe it's like the soulstones in Diablo and it just makes him stronger. Just according to Keikaku

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    How do you think the final boss will end?

I'd love to be shocked and we all lose.

A friend of mine came up with an Idea: The patch is called VISIONS of N'Zoth so what if the last boss fight is a mirage and we actually end up killing off the opposite faction leader(s) throwing everything to do with peace down the drain, with everything to do with madness and loosing sanity in the Horrific Visions it's not a long shot.
    Losing would be good because it sets us up for the level squish. We have to get out of hell the same way Sylvanas did. She might show up to guide us like Illidan.

We defeated Illidan and he survived in TBC as well as Kil'jaeden being just a summoned avatar. The Lich King lived on despite the body of Arthas being defeated. In Legion we didn't kill Sargeras either.

With N'zoth's size, defeating him doesn't even really make sense. Also with his ghost-wisp form/tentacles, he easily could just kind of be everywhere. Might not really be able to be defeated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think we will trap him in the blade which makes him escape the Re-origination that Wrathion wants to try on the Old Gods ^^
    Wrathion is going to fall to N'zoth though. Seems the plan for him was replaced by Ebonhoof.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Wrathion is going to fall to N'zoth though. Seems the plan for him was replaced by Ebonhoof.
    You should read the journal entries and not just the boss names. Wrathion's back for Carapace and N'Zoth as our ally.

In 8.3 Magni (or was it Bran? Too lazy to go look it up) seems to be trying to fine tune the re-origination to only hit N'zoth.
    Keeping in mind we're as much "corruption" as N'zoth is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I like to think that what we consider an Old god in full power and one of the most powerful beings we have ever faced is just a beginning and only the weakest of them all. We will either Kill him or he will get trapped in the blade. But that is just the beginning as more powerful beings will be set free (possibly by Nzoth himself and Xalatath as the soul we freed), namely: C’thun and Yogg’Saron.
    C'thun and Yogg'Saron are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Sylvanas has the blade (I think not sure what happened to it after we got to Nazjatar) and Azshara's plan was to stab him and capture him when she would get the chance.
    When did Nathanos bring the blade back to Sylvanas?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Azshara literally tells us what do in order to get rid of Nzoth, stab his heart with the blade, so thats probably bound to happen.

I know the obvious is "he will be trapped in the blade", but...

N'zoth is the one to free Xal'atath and demand the Blade to remain. Then, the player, imbued with the Gift of N'zoth, is the one to deliver the dagger to Sylvanas, which then delivers it to Azshara, so she can backstab N'zoth.

Assume you're a cunning, the most cunning, creature. Why do you release Xal'atath and keep around the only artifact that can defeat you? Why do you even have it delivered to a character that is not your ally? Even if Sylvanas doesn't bargain with Azshara, she's still an enemy, as far as he's aware.

The only reasonable answer is that he WANTS to be trapped in the blade, for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post

N'zoth is the one to free Xal'atath and demand the Blade to remain. Then, the player, imbued with the Gift of N'zoth, is the one to deliver the dagger to Sylvanas, which then delivers it to Azshara, so she can backstab N'zoth.

Assume you're a cunning, the most cunning, creature. Why do you release Xal'atath and keep around the only artifact that can defeat you? Why do you even have it delivered to a character that is not your ally? Even if Sylvanas doesn't bargain with Azshara, she's still an enemy, as far as he's aware.

The only reasonable answer is that he WANTS to be trapped in the blade, for whatever reason.
    He wants to be freed and the only way to do that is to get us to Azshara, because she needs the Heart of Azeroth.

He will fall prey to the classic MMO villain foible of "I did not anticipate you being strong enough to defeat me!"

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    We have yet to lose an expansion.

Every expansion ends with us, the heroes of Azeroth, always winning. Sure we take some losses but we never lose. It would a very refreshing to have an expansion where we actually lose the battle.

I know the aspect of a "Shadowlands" expansion is very polarizing and the majority of people on this website do not want it, but wouldn't it be interesting if engaged in a final expansion raid boss and just couldn't win? In other video games there are missions where you are intended to lose/die but you hold out of as long as you can.

What if we hold out for as long as we can and then fail? The ending cinematic can be us failing, N'Zoth winning and thus bringing the Hour of Twilight all across Azeroth.
    We lost in Legion, on multiple levels.

First, Argus straight up killed us. But the ghosts of the dead titans reversed time to bring us back. People don't like alternate timelines, but we entered yet another alternate timeline during the last tier in Legion.

Second, we killed Argus and imprisoned Sargeras, but not until he stabbed Azeroth as we all know. She could still die from that wound, but she seems to be doing alright in BFA.

Third, preventing the death of Azeroth is supposed to doom the entire universe according to basically all the lore. Because she's going to get corrupted now and bring the void to us.

I believe you're right though, we will die and go to the Shadowlands. They can even do a "spirit world" thing where we're still on Azeroth like a giant corpse run back so they can "redo" all the zones without replacing them. Can force us to relevel to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Break everything down to its base components, then rebuild it to the Titan's original plans.

Mind, that's what it is supposed to do.
    Sounds like a ticket way out for Blizzard if they ever get tired of writing Old God stories.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post

We don't even know that he can be trapped in the blade, really. We could have been lied to through the quest to free the previous inhabitant of the blade. He could be too big and too powerful to be trapped in there if she was actually trapped.

He might just use a portion of his blood to empower the blade after we stab him and then hand it to someone else to use.