Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Each nation in Europe has at one point fought everyone else in Europe. The last time was so bad that it took literally the entire planet to stop just one country. What you're doing now? It's so insignificant and tiny, such a small scale regional conflict, that what you just said... doesn't even compute. Be glad you can talk that way. Be very glad. And pray that we don't stop delivering weapon systems to you.
    So you are triggered because I did not consider German army to be professional and experienced? There is a reason why Germans are not allowed to have a functioning army; your nationalism is explosive.

I will not further address this rant. However, I would like to note that I did not compare Syrian proxy war to WWII at any point in my posts. So I am not sure why are you bringing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So you are triggered because I did not consider German army to be professional and experienced? There is a reason why Germans are not allowed to have a functioning army; your nationalism is explosive.

I will not further address this rant. However, I would like to note that I did not compare Syrian proxy war to WWII at any point in my posts. So I am not sure why are you bringing that.
    We're not allowed? Are you on drugs? We can do whatever the hell we want. We're a sovereign nation. You're funny.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Turkey has one of the most professional armies in the world. Only France and UK would be comparable in Europe. TAF is the most experienced NATO army after USA because of PKK and Syrian conflicts. One expcetion is Royal Navy. They have a long history and vast institutional experience, I do not think Turkish Navy is better. Most of the European armies have no combat experience other than delivering bombs to infantry-based forces, like ISIS. In a real fight, your armies would be in shock.

But then again, keep believing you are better. Underestimation is a gift.
    The only truly professional army in the middle east is Israel's. Just because Turkey's has big army, does not mean they are good.
    I am very sure I saw unprotected tanks being blown up by kurds. Which... did look exactly like a failure local arabs havent stopped doing.

Your sense of nationalism is known here, but do not think that Turkey is truly modern country in all senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The only truly professional army in the middle east is Israel's. Just because Turkey's has big army, does not mean they are good.
    I am very sure I saw unprotected tanks being blown up by kurds. Which... did look exactly like a failure local arabs havent stopped doing.

Your sense of nationalism is known here, but do not think that Turkey is truly modern country in all senses.
    Israel has a good army, but their record against Hezbollah is poor. Professional does not mean perfect. There are two main mistakes that TAF did during Euphrates shield; letting Spec Ops unit to command the operation. The Olive Branch was commanded by the land army, YPG was destroyed, basically. The errors were fixed fast, which is a sign of healthy command.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-02-29 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Holy shit, this is ironic coming from one of the most nationalistic countries on earth right now(maybe beaten by the US, China and North Korea). While German nationalists are a minority.

So how is your 4th genocide going?

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Holy shit, this is ironic coming from one of the most nationalistic countries on earth right now(maybe beaten by the US, China and North Korea). While German nationalists are a minority.

So how is your 4th genocide going?
    Germans can not admit they are nationalists. That is the nuance. The guy Slant whose views mostly align on left was triggered just because I did not count German army as professional or comparable to Turkish Army. He then went on to explain how entire world required to shut down Germans on WWII, which was totally irrelevant. Now this is coming from a German lefty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Germans can not admit they are nationalists. That is the nuance. The guy Slant whose views mostly align on left was triggered just because I did not count German army as professional or comparable to Turkish Army. He then went on to explain how entire world required to shut down Germans on WWII, which was totally irrelevant. Now this is coming from a German lefty.
    Slant is a conservative, and pretending modern germans are nationalists... lol

Allowed is a strong word perhaps. However, no one, including USA, would be happy if Germans suddenly start arming themselves. Germans joining the arms race has historically ended up with huge conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel has a good army, but their record against Hezbollah is poor. Professional does not mean perfect.
    I mean, our army here in Israel is not even professional by definition.

It's basically people's army with mandatory conscription, we just happen to be perpetually in conflict so the training is fine and equipment is good too, thanks to relatively strong economy that can afford that for us.

Despite some uneducated opinions, Israel is not very keen on going into costly wars. Last time we did was Lebanon and it ended with nothing, because Hezbollah is a paramilitary guerrilla and it's not something you can get rid of with Air Force and limited grounded operation. It's basically like Turkey and its Kurdistan insurgents one to one - can't really win, at best can contain.

From my point of view, I don't really understand why Turkey even does what it does in Syria. I guess it's not out of sheer boredom, but the costs both in casualties and in finance are staggering there and I am not convinced Erdogan can really afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Slant is a conservative, and pretending modern germans are nationalists... lol
    Slant I remember is not a conservative. He had progressive views on immigration, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    From my point of view, I don't really understand why Turkey even does what it does in Syria.
    No one understands what we are doing in Syria.

Israel has a good army, but their record against Hezbollah is poor. Professional does not mean perfect. There are two main mistakes that TAF did during Euphrates shield; letting Spec Ops unit to command the operation. The Olive Branch was commanded by the land army, YPG was destroyed, basically. The errors were fixed fast, which is a sign of healthy command.
    Their record against Hezbollah was close to perfect. Just because media screams for a single dead soldier does not change the fact that each time Israel attacks, the casualty ratio is ridiculously onesided and the attackers cry about genocide. Same cannot be said about Turkish troop in Syria. Let's not even talk about your islamist fanatic friends you tried to say were not your supported allies - they have died in droves.

YPG is still alive, because kurds still control the northern Syria, but I guess you also think that a militia without really heavy hardware should defeat a regular army.

Once more, Turkey is far from being modern and your army is NOT the second best in NATO.

MoD has published drone footage (close to 20 minutes long with newly published ones) of armed drones raining hell to SAA. Every single claim is documented. SAA has been and is being obliterated as we speak. SAA is a militia compared to TAF. The only thing that keeps TAF removing SAA from existence is Russia. And this is without TuAF participating because Russia has Western Syrian air space locked. Our jets can not fly but drones get the job done.

You can ignore anything coming from the government but Ministry of Defense does not fuck around. They have an obligation to tell the truth to the public. This is a cultural thing.
    turkey can just leave syria and the war will end and the syrians can go home and start rebuilding. Assad will not leave anyway. He is there to stay.
    turkey staying there accomplishes nothing except preventing the peace.
    It is not a peace anyone likes, but the only peace that can be... will be if turkey leaves. Simple as that.

Staying there simply has no endgame. The end game is and always will be: The war ends and syrians go home and live in peace.
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2020-02-29 at 06:12 PM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    turkey can just leave syria and the war will end and the syrians can go home and start rebuilding. Assad will not leave anyway. He is there to stay.
    turkey staying there accomplishes nothing except preventing the peace.
    It is not a peace anyone likes, but the only peace that can be... will be if turkey leaves. Simple as that.

Staying there simply has no endgame. The end game is and always will be: The war ends and syrians go home and live in peace.
    Well, we aren't staying there for adventure. Erdogan needs to be convinced. The guy runs the show.

Well, we aren't staying there for adventure. Erdogan needs to be convinced. The guy runs the show.
    So as we have called him - wannabe sultan. Since you (as in nation, not you, specifically) voted him in power, you will also have to deal with any consequences of his actions.
    P.S.
    Daily reminder that the Ataturk is spinning so hard that he could power Turkey's eletricity grid.

No one understands what we are doing in Syria.
    Same thing Turkey is doing in Libya. Wasting untold resources on a lost cause to waive their dicks around and pretend they still have a hand in shaping regional politics
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2020-02-29 at 07:50 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allowed is a strong word perhaps. However, no one, including USA, would be happy if Germans suddenly start arming themselves. Germans joining the arms race has historically ended up with huge conflicts.
    Including the same USA that demands that Germany spends more on their military?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    That's Trump, not USA political/military establishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So as we have called him - wannabe sultan. Since you (as in nation, not you, specifically) voted him in power, you will also have to deal with any consequences of his actions.
    P.S.
    Daily reminder that the Ataturk is spinning so hard that he could power Turkey's eletricity grid.
    His policies come at a great cost. We would fair much better if we did not help rebels in Syria. They would be crushed easily and lots of people would not die. Then again, do you feel the same for your government? Turkey isn't the only party helped rebels maintaining a civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The only person in the US ever seriously whining about that is Trump and that's because he's a fucking idiot who has no idea how NATO works nor does he care how it works.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect it was Obama..

Doubt anyone here has pegged me correctly. Mostly because my views don't fit into your bullshit political ideology chart that is made up in the US. As for being triggered, I'm not. I've just told you to be happy the EU is pacifist in nature, because not 70 years ago, we used Turkey as a road to get somewhere, not as a country to talk to. Get your big ego in check, you're not that big, not that important and definitely not that impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

The USA has pushed Germany to start spending more money on military. I mean, literally that happened the past 2 years, the exact opposite of what you're saying. Are you a liar now or just ignorant?

- - - Updated - - -

Slant I remember is not a conservative. He had progressive views on immigration, etc.
    I doubt you could repeat my views on immigration. Stop making bold claims.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that was Obama, actually. Trump's just making noise, but the tune had been the same for the past 3 administrations in Washington.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.