Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Ranged dot specs should be great at multi-target cleave and bad at single target fights. It’s a simple trade off.
    Now they're just bad at both . They need to buff Void Bolt or Mindflay to offset this at least a little. Cleave is already going way down, ST doesn't need to as well.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Now they're just bad at both . They need to buff Void Bolt or Mindflay to offset this at least a little. Cleave is already going way down, ST doesn't need to as well.
    Let's wait and see. SP should be top dog on cleave fights and bottom dog on single target fights. I think it will end up that way in next patch.

  3. #43
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Reminder that Shadow Priests *should* be terrible single target, or at least near the bottom in relation to every other spec. DoT specs should never be able to compete with other classes for top dps on 1 target, and right now they're near the top, and far and away the best spread dot dps.
    All DPS specs should be able to compete for the top, it should (and mostly is) the player behind who makes the difference.

    By your logic, no hybrid class at all should be able to fight for the top of DPS, only pure DPS classes should..

  4. #44
    you all need to quit your crying Mr."dominated an entire raid tier this xpac" ...someone else's turn. How long you been playing this game? Its the way it goes

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    you all need to quit your crying Mr."dominated an entire raid tier this xpac" ...someone else's turn. How long you been playing this game? Its the way it goes
    You dont understand if thats your argument, like already mentioned by many in this thread, the only bosses Shadow dominates are gimmicky heavy add cleave fights, barring that they are at around the middle of the pack dps-wise. By these nerfs they essentially nerf the whole spec to the ground, which isnt fun for those who main a priest if you understand the point of view.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    You dont understand if thats your argument, like already mentioned by many in this thread, the only bosses Shadow dominates are gimmicky heavy add cleave fights, barring that they are at around the middle of the pack dps-wise. By these nerfs they essentially nerf the whole spec to the ground, which isnt fun for those who main a priest if you understand the point of view.
    actually I very much do. I have been raiding at the top end of difficulty in this game for 14 years. This has happened to many specs and classes before and was probably happening to some spec(but who cares about that right? …) while SP's were dominating on whatever fight catered to them at the moment, just like other specs have had those moments and then lost them. Welcome to mmo's and raiding.
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2019-10-21 at 08:35 PM.

  7. #47
    Get some f**king sense you morons saying it's only good in "GiMiCkI fiGhTus".

    There's no such thing as a gimmicky fight, SPECIALLY IF IT'S THE LAST 3 MORE DIFFICULT BOSSES.

    Out of 8 bosses, 4 are "gimmicky" with adds, strange how the "gimmicky" is common. It should make sense now, if you still can't see it then picture the next raid with 12 bosses. Should have some "gimmicky" for you, don't worry.
    Thanks for the heads up!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Get some f**king sense you morons saying it's only good in "GiMiCkI fiGhTus".

    There's no such thing as a gimmicky fight, SPECIALLY IF IT'S THE LAST 3 MORE DIFFICULT BOSSES.

    Out of 8 bosses, 4 are "gimmicky" with adds, strange how the "gimmicky" is common. It should make sense now, if you still can't see it then picture the next raid with 12 bosses. Should have some "gimmicky" for you, don't worry.
    Just curious, at which point do you think Shadow was in a good spot as far as tuning goes (if ever)?

    And yes, if that wasn't already obvious to everybody discussing the topic, BFA has had A LOT more multidot fights than what you usually see in raids. BoD alone had more multidotting than the full collection of raidbosses from many expanions, which would naturally make SPs more dominant than their tuning suggests they should be (If you are one of the guys that think dotclasses should be nerfed because Blizzard designed a raid with too many multidotfights, your opinion is irrelevant, and we have nothing more to discuss).
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2019-10-24 at 09:13 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If you are one of the guys that think dotclasses should be nerfed because Blizzard designed a raid with too many multidotfights, your opinion is irrelevant, and we have nothing more to discuss.
    They (blizzard) have the right to design the raids any way they like. They can also cut your classes legs out from under you without rhyme or reason. The only thing largely irrelevant here, is your opinion on the matter. Also, it's pretty childish to try and squelch any discussion that doesn't agree with you, they are adding just as much value to our little chat as you. You may continue with your "they nurfed us" temper tantrum now.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    They (blizzard) have the right to design the raids any way they like. They can also cut your classes legs out from under you without rhyme or reason. The only thing largely irrelevant here, is your opinion on the matter. Also, it's pretty childish to try and squelch any discussion that doesn't agree with you, they are adding just as much value to our little chat as you. You may continue with your "they nurfed us" temper tantrum now.
    Spotted the clueless retard who thinks multidotters should be nerfed because Blizz designed a lot of fights that plays into their niche. As said, I have no intention or cause to discuss anything with somebody with such a complete lack of understanding about the subject. You may continue with your temper tantrum now.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I have no intention or cause to discuss anything with somebody with such a complete lack of understanding about the subject. You may continue with your temper tantrum now.
    You have no intention of discussing anything at all. You just want someone to agree with you so you feel justified in whining. If you want a circlejerk, perhaps you should hit up reddit.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Spotted the clueless retard who thinks multidotters should be nerfed because Blizz designed a lot of fights that plays into their niche. As said, I have no intention or cause to discuss anything with somebody with such a complete lack of understanding about the subject. You may continue with your temper tantrum now.
    They absolutely should nerf the multiDoT capabilities(and compensate elsewhere) if they plan to continue designing an insane amount of fights that cater to that "niche". You can't just keep crying "but muh niche" when that "niche" is turning more and more into standard fight design, while other "niches" are basically dead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    You dont understand if thats your argument, like already mentioned by many in this thread, the only bosses Shadow dominates are gimmicky heavy add cleave fights, barring that they are at around the middle of the pack dps-wise. By these nerfs they essentially nerf the whole spec to the ground, which isnt fun for those who main a priest if you understand the point of view.
    "Gimmicky heavy add cleave fights" seem to be the new standard, especially on harder bosses. Having a set of specs completely dominate those forever is not healthy. For the longest time(maybe even still) the worst Shadow on WCL statistics was competing with the best of multiple other specs(including beating multiple). That's not acceptable.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    By your logic, no hybrid class at all should be able to fight for the top of DPS, only pure DPS classes should..
    This is my belief as well as a Boomkin main /shrug
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    You have no intention of discussing anything at all. You just want someone to agree with you so you feel justified in whining. If you want a circlejerk, perhaps you should hit up reddit.
    Go read your first comment, hopefully the irony won't hit you too hard on the way out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They absolutely should nerf the multiDoT capabilities(and compensate elsewhere) if they plan to continue designing an insane amount of fights that cater to that "niche". You can't just keep crying "but muh niche" when that "niche" is turning more and more into standard fight design, while other "niches" are basically dead.
    I would be ok with less multidotting and more ST if future raids is going to follow the designtrend of BoD and EP (haven't looked at the N'Zoth raid at all yet). The current nerfs are however a massive nerf to both without any compensation, at a point where Shadow is already not dominating ST fights before said nerfs.

    However, if they are going back to a more "normal" amount of fights where multidotting can shine, the current balance is just where it should be. In that case, Boomkin and Aff multidotting should be brought up to the lvl of Shadow, not Shadow getting nerfed. Assuming there are other fights where other classes with other niches can shine equally (as it has been in the past)...
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2019-10-31 at 05:09 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  15. #55
    Shadow was scaling out of control in raids and got brought back a bit.

    Nerfs seem big, but the gap was pretty big too and would only grow next tier. I expect Shadow to still be top tier spec, especially for latter fights.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Shadow was scaling out of control in raids and got brought back a bit.

    Nerfs seem big, but the gap was pretty big too and would only grow next tier. I expect Shadow to still be top tier spec, especially for latter fights.
    no. not if they go through with the AS change. They were fine on PTR testing, now put that AS nerf in and they are dead last

  17. #57
    I hope this is not the last nerf to the multi-dot balancing nightmare. Whats so hard to put multi-dot encounters as first bosses and leave the hard encounters without cheese?

    Nobody would care if the first boss in a raid is a super cheese dot encounter, because it would not matter for the tier. But blizzard started this 200IQ trend in LEGION to allow later encounters to be cheesed into the ground by dot specs, because nothing is more satisfying for any raider than reloging to the worst geared twink character to beat the HARDER ENCOUNTER with zero effort.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    But blizzard started this 200IQ trend in LEGION to allow later encounters to be cheesed into the ground by dot specs, because nothing is more satisfying for any raider than reloging to the worst geared twink character to beat the HARDER ENCOUNTER with zero effort.
    There wasn't any relevant add in the two last bosses of Legion, except targets you're supposed to BURST (so DoT classes kinda suck on them too).

  19. #59
    The Patient marathal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    213
    WoD was the last expansion I raided, at least there were a few somewhat viable options for how you chose to play. Were they great? No. But they were options that people like myself could wrap their head around. We all don't play to the highest level taking all the top choice talent builds based on fights, and fine tune our gear choices based on what fights we are doing. A lot of us take what we can get, and play the best we can with the choices we can understand. It use to be that playing something sub optimal could get you to 85-90% of what the class potential was. And I was ok with that. I could learn how to react to movement situations, could eventually learn the rhythm required while casting. But these last two expansions have had nothing but constant fluctuations in playing, lots of external factors that caused tuning adjustments that may have been a minor loss to a top player, but to the average player they were soul crushing. I am geared enough to do Heroic Raids, to certainly do Mythic dungeons, and I have done nothing, beyond one evening being carried along by the guild where I spent the majority of it dead because we no longer have our survivability. I agree with Kilee, they need to stop focusing on one optimal build design that they can tune and manipulate, and offer some alternatives that may not be great for all situations, but maybe good enough for most, and better for others, because players like me choose one build, take the gear we get, and hope for the best. When we feel like we are dragging down the raid because we are well below where we need to be, we just stop trying.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    no. not if they go through with the AS change. They were fine on PTR testing, now put that AS nerf in and they are dead last
    nah, windwalkers are last. you an be second to last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •