Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

[SPOILERS] The Horde's new Warchief is...=

Anduin: I know it's difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can--
    Don't know how I feel about it. Doesn't seem very Horde to me. Would of preferred to see a Chieftain..
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-10-07 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There's no Horde left to have a Warchief. Just an Alliance puppet state with an old banner that no longer has meaning.

You could say that it's some kind of alliance between different states, one that chooses to fly a red flag. If only there were some kind of way to combine these two qualities into a catchy name...
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

So, the Alliance is forced to have Anduin as their Warchief, but the Horde gets a council?

Why? Why is Blizzard flipping the factions like this? Warchief is Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel a council better represents what the Horde currently is. It's not longer an entity held together by orcish customs and a council forces each leader to take more responsibility for their individual actions/lack there of.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The horde may be over but cult of mudmug is recruiting. We are religion open to overyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I feel a council better represents what the Horde currently is. It's not longer an entity held together by orcish customs and a council forces each leader to take more responsibility for their individual actions/lack there of.
    A fuckin mess?

Saw it coming. The status of Warchief was a pretty outdated concept, anyway.

We wuz counceel n sheeit.

Dumbing down continues. Cool, so cool.

its kinda what you would expect from blizzard.

alliance went from council to high king.
    horde went from warchief to council.

next up: internal division in the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    its kinda what you would expect from blizzard.

alliance went from council to high king.
    horde went from warchief to council.

next up: internal division in the alliance.
    Please, just let us kill Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Don't know how I feel about it. Doesn't seem very Horde to me. Would of preferred to see a Chieftain..
    Warchief is a title/thing that has blown up in their face again and again.

What's the expression again? Something 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is madness' something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Makes sense.

This is what people said should of happened at the end of MoP. But then we got Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Warchief is a title/thing that has blown up in their face again and again.

What's the expression again? Something 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is madness' something.
    I know what your saying, but it still doesn't feel very Horde to me. Perhaps when I see it in action I'll change my mind, I thought changing the name from Warchief to Chieftain or something would of been good.

It's ironic, the Alliance have a High King (Warchief) and the Horde now have a council. You'd of thought it would be the opposite way round.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A fuckin mess?
    Actually, yeah. It's a compromise for an ugly situation that has only gotten worse over time.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post

How’s that dumbing down?

It allows for more spot light for other racial leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what your saying, but it still doesn't feel very Horde to me. Perhaps when I see it in action I'll change my mind, I thought changing the name from Warchief to Chieftain or something would of been good.

It's ironic, the Alliance have a High King (Warchief) and the Horde now have a council. You'd of thought it would be the opposite way round.
    I can respect that. In my opinion both factions should have a council because of the differences in culture and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    How’s that dumbing down?

It allows for more spot light for other racial leaders.
    It isn't dumbing down, if anything it almost guarantees more complexity and nuance in the leadership.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The warchief position is obsolete - it was just a plot device for blizzard to torture us with shit stories like Garrosh in WoD, Vol'jin in Legion and Sylvanas in BfA.
    If anything, this comes a bit too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post

throw in a meme so you think this makes any sense. Cool, so cool

This was bloody obvious once Sylvanas starting showing her crazy side. Warcheif's don't work.