New Forsaken leader - Time to go.

I read these throwing in the towel posts on here all the time. Never really understood why people felt the need, but here we are.

BFA has been a tough expansion to stomach lore wise for a few folks I think. I actually read a post regarding the pitfalls of making Sylvanas so integral to the identity of the Forsaken faction. I hadn't fully appreciated over the ten years I've been playing, just how much that actually contributed to my investment in the game. I found the whole born again Menethil pseudo religious narrative in very poor taste. It's just not for me.

Sub culture and whatever that means to you, is an integral part of life for some people (myself included) Everyone needs to find 'their crowd' in real life and in game. We're not all looking for redemption. The Forsaken faction came with its own easily identifiable sub culture icon. Playing WOW without my faction leader is like listening to the Cure without Robert Smith. It's just not a band.

So, this seems like a logical stopping point for me. Not looking to throw my toys out of the pram, just wanted to say thanks for all the great discourse here, you guys have been great. I hope everyone continues to get a lot out of the game we all love.

This reads like a blog. What do we discuss, your disillusionment with losing a faction leader in a game? If this were a "Calia sucks and shouldn't be Forsaken Leader" then I could discuss something.

Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post
    I found the whole born again Menethil pseudo religious narrative in very poor taste. It's just not for me.
    That "pseudo religious" thing isn't for you, but your necro waifu is gone and there just is no point in playing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This isn't really the place for blog-type posts that aren't conducive to discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead