Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bards should be the next class

Bards need to be the next class added.

There could be a healing spec based on using nature magic and the melodic flow of music to revitalize allies, and the other two specs would be ranged damage (leather/mail weathers?) with decent mobility and off heals.

change can't wait.

Agreed, they should

10+ Year Old Account
    Works better as a profession honestly.

I second this.

Better than Tinkers!

Ranged caster using a guitar as a weapon for sound based attacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I second this.

Better than Tinkers!
    I don't see how anyone could logically make that argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise a bard can't really work in wow. It will just be some lame rogue or archer that sometimes plays a song.

this is just lame tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't see how anyone could logically make that argument.
    I personally find the Bard class more interesting than Tinkers, but I don't expect you to understand given your avatar.

How would Bards work in terms of music in dungeons for example? Would all group members be forced to listen to the music from the Bard while doing the dungeon or would it only be the Bard itself that could hear the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Gameplay wise a bard can't really work in wow. It will just be some lame rogue or archer that sometimes plays a song.
    Let them have their fun, exhaust themselves with this brainstorm and then leave it in the dust where it belongs.

And now more seriously...

I too am interested in how on earth this thing is supposto function in WoWs context. Because right now, I don't see it.

Only if I can play The Trooper by Iron Maiden

I guess they could be a melee DPS spec and whack people with their instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    I guess they could be a melee DPS spec and whack people with their instruments.
    No more melee dps Specs.

They need to add ranged DPS classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Traditional tabletop bard isn't the only iteration of bard. When people suggest it as a class they typically mean the iteration you often see in eastern RPGs/media, not a hybrid gish/spell archer, but a full-fledged caster who uses sound/music magic as the basis of their toolkit.

Think League's Sona (I actually don't know if she still works the same, I haven't played the game since like beta-season 1), or Smite's Chang'e, or if you need a more readily available visual example, the blind twins from Kung Fu Hustle. In wow, characters like Chi-ji's boss fight on Timeless Isle, Atramedes in Blackwing Descent, or Imperial Vizier Zor'lok.

Characters who are using music and sound to attack with raw sound waves (zor'lok, murmur, atramedes) or conjure spell effects (chi-ji), lullaby targets to sleep or passivity, discordant tones to stun or debuff, inspiring songs to buff themselves and others, dirges suppressive melodies to debuff targets.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bards are in both FFXIV and LotRO. In the former they are basically archers that offensively (and also possibly defensively) buff the party, but I don't think they heal. I honestly can't remember what they do it's been years since I played that game. They may have been more of a healer though from memory.

Would be a nice change of pace for a WoW class, a bit of a break from the "holy trinity" (not a three-way with 2 nuns).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Traditional tabletop bard isn't the only iteration of bard. When people suggest it as a class they typically mean the iteration you often see in eastern RPGs/media, not a hybrid gish/spell archer, but a full-fledged caster who uses sound/music magic as the basis of their toolkit.

Think League's Sona (I actually don't know if she still works the same, I haven't played the game since like beta-season 1), or Smite's Chang'e, or if you need a more readily available visual example, the blind twins from Kung Fu Hustle. In wow, characters like Chi-ji's boss fight on Timeless Isle, Atramedes in Blackwing Descent, or Imperial Vizier Zor'lok.

Characters who are using music and sound to attack with raw sound waves (zor'lok, murmur, atramedes) or conjure spell effects (chi-ji), lullaby targets to sleep or passivity, discordant tones to stun or debuff, inspiring songs to buff themselves and others, dirges suppressive melodies to debuff targets.
    That's what i would love to see. Using music as a buff or attack is super cool to me but i don't think they will do that if they add bard.

As long as it was done genuinely, in-universe. If they're busting out electric guitars and playing heavy metal, I'll pass, this is a fantasy game.

I don't like it as much as tinker but I wouldn't hate it. Especially if there was a spec that got a wind instrument, that'd be cute as heck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of all the "new" classes I see mentioned, this, by far, is my favorite idea.

Bard, tinker, or any unique class idea.. as long as not lame like dark ranger or necromancer
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso