Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,206
    Giving them immortality won't fix anything....being immortal doesn't mean being invincible. They don't even have a place to settle down and have kids. Azeroth is dying and a old god is free and ready to butt fuck Azeroth into the void.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Night elves are punching bags bro.

    If anything somehow anduin will become immortal lol. Because reasons.
    Lol it's sad the night elves have become this much a laughing stock, but I relish it until the day Malfurion and Tyrande get killed off.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lol it's sad the night elves have become this much a laughing stock, but I relish it until the day Malfurion and Tyrande get killed off.
    Speaking of which, the Azsuna portal is being run by 2 dead highborne? How does this work? If Ghost Kaldorei can do everything normal elves can do that's pretty much immortality

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To regain immortality, they need to use powers of azerite but they are not mages like they were before the Sundering. If anything, Horde elves can become immortal again.
    I mean, the Shen'dralar rejoined the Night Elves.


    OT: Don't the Dragon Aspects return in 8.3? Maybe the Elves will get a new tree once N'zoth gets rooted out.

  5. #25
    Im fairly sure the trees have some connection to old gods so no one is growing another tree. They are just going to have to erect a city made of buildings like everyone else.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    World soul health > elf afraid of aging.
    Exactly that is why we have build Azerite powered weapons, war machines and also used tons of it to free N'zoth. Aight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, the Shen'dralar rejoined the Night Elves.


    OT: Don't the Dragon Aspects return in 8.3? Maybe the Elves will get a new tree once N'zoth gets rooted out.
    They have already returned in 8.2 with the HoA questline to empower the necklace.
    S.H.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I believe the immortality came from Nozdormu's blessing, which is why it wasn't restored when Ysera and Alexstrasza blessed Teldrassil. If Azerite + Titan Facilities + Well of Eternity Water could grant someone the power of the Aspect of Time, then I think it's feasible. However, given that the aspects gained their power from the titans themselves, I doubt they build a facility capable of doing the same.
    I don’t believe anything was restored to the night elves from Green and Red blessings. Blizzard totally abandoned any logical conclusions they could have derived.

    IMO , if they want to boost the night elves, immortality should return via the existing well of eternity, which they are still connected too. With the arcane ban long dead, my understanding is a simple manipulation allows them to extend their lives indefinitely.

    However I also feel night elf fans want a bit more than ‘restores immortality’ for all the crap they’ve gotten.

    I still think a nightborne , night elf alliance is the way forward, regardless of the two halves of the Kaldorei being on opposite faction.

    Changed faction relations should facilitate this.
    Last edited by EnigmAddict; 2019-10-10 at 03:58 PM.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Exactly that is why we have build Azerite powered weapons, war machines and also used tons of it to free N'zoth. Aight.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They have already returned in 8.2 with the HoA questline to empower the necklace.
    Players didn’t make the Azerite weapons and Azshara tricked us and magni into releasing Nzoth.

  9. #29
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Players didn’t make the Azerite weapons and Azshara tricked us and magni into releasing Nzoth.
    What the? I know we maybe did not pick spanners and hammers and gone to build machines itself but PCs did: mine Azerite during Island Expeditions to fuel the war machine, secure faction's Azerite sources (even the goddamn quests in Silithus where goblins mine and we help them as Horde).

    And the other day after we have just collected 40 000 weekly Azerite units we go to kill some Stormsong loyalists mining azerite because Magni says we need to do so in order to save the planet lul (and we still do MINE Azerite there) it's not really like we only used "recycled" Azerite.
    S.H.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Go to the designated Anduin whining thread.
    But it's true though, Night Elves have constantly been shafted over and over.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    What the? I know we maybe did not pick spanners and hammers and gone to build machines itself but PCs did: mine Azerite during Island Expeditions to fuel the war machine, secure faction's Azerite sources (even the goddamn quests in Silithus where goblins mine and we help them as Horde).

    And the other day after we have just collected 40 000 weekly Azerite units we go to kill some Stormsong loyalists mining azerite because Magni says we need to do so in order to save the planet lul (and we still do MINE Azerite there) it's not really like we only used "recycled" Azerite.
    I did forget about island expeditions so you’re right on that point but it still stands our players where tricked into freeing nzoth.

    Because you know blizzard has to make our characters stupid for the story.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    nelfs weren't immortal because of tree, nelfs were immortal because of Nozdormu bless to them to protect the tree, and since Nozdormu lost his powers they can't be immortals again
    now they have to live normal nelf life that average only around 10k years, which isn't enough to out-wisdom a 17 year old human of course
    If they were that wise they wouldn't have planted a new tree in Horde territory 20 years ago.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    If they were that wise they wouldn't have planted a new tree in Horde territory 20 years ago.
    The Ocean? Or Hyjal in the middle of Kalimdor? Just kidding, the Night Elves kicked the Shadowtooth trolls out of Hyjal 10,000 years ago when they sundered the world so they deserve whatever happens to them

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Ocean? Or Hyjal in the middle of Kalimdor? Just kidding, the Night Elves kicked the Shadowtooth trolls out of Hyjal 10,000 years ago when they sundered the world so they deserve whatever happens to them
    Teldrassil isn't in Hyjal.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Night elf can become very old, think about it, before the blessing of nozdormu malfurion was already 5.000 years old, nozdormu just made it possible to be more than 10.000 years old. So you could say that malfurion was at that time a 40 year grown up, then give or take you could say that the average night elfs age could be around the 7.000 years.
    They retconned Malfurion, Tyrande and Illidan's age. They were all young adults during the War of the Ancients, and they gained immortality immediately after that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Speaking of which, the Azsuna portal is being run by 2 dead highborne? How does this work? If Ghost Kaldorei can do everything normal elves can do that's pretty much immortality
    I'm pretty sure the Azsuna Highborne are somewhere between life and death. But yeah, it's curious that they're still able to use their magic.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    They were immortal previous to that, during The Well of Eternity era. After well exploded, they briefly lost their immortality until Nozdormu gave it back to them via blessing.
    Correct me if I’m wrong though, I’m not a night elf fan.
    I'd say it was more like indefinite life based on a resource as opposed to true immortality, due to Night Elves being transformed by the Well their bodies can take the well in. However, that was only when the Night Elves embraced the Arcane and used it to power their bodies. High Elves and Nightborne do this now.

    Based on the premise of the OP, I'd say this is no longer possible for the arcane-phobic Night Elves of the present.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I'd say it was more like indefinite life based on a resource as opposed to true immortality, due to Night Elves being transformed by the Well their bodies can take the well in. However, that was only when the Night Elves embraced the Arcane and used it to power their bodies. High Elves and Nightborne do this now.

    Based on the premise of the OP, I'd say this is no longer possible for the arcane-phobic Night Elves of the present.
    Pretty sure that arcane is so deeply infused in their bodies, that Night Elves are virtually immortal now, or atleast extremely long lived. Also, there are moonwells that contain waters from the Well of Eternity all over Night Elven lands.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Pretty sure that arcane is so deeply infused in their bodies, that Night Elves are virtually immortal now, or atleast extremely long lived. Also, there are moonwells that contain waters from the Well of Eternity all over Night Elven lands.
    They are long lived, but not truly immortal. Only the Aspect of Time did that.

    Night Elves probably have the highest life span of all the Azeroth flesh races, only being outdone by the Eredar.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Therevanchist View Post
    So, it comes to this. Between a vengeful race that has lost their home...again, the lifeblood of a titan soul, and now multiple titan facilities up and running that can be exploited...I ask you all. Can Azerite be manipulated in some sense to rebirth the Night Elves eternal longevity?
    What you might have missed is the subtle art of storytelling.

    If you have a movie that shows you there is a gun on the wall, and they make a point about it being there, loaded and ready to fire, then we, the audience, has an expectation of it being used or being relevant in the story at some point. Otherwise there's no reason to give it attention, or have it be there in the first place. If it is there in the story, then it's meant to be fired. This is Chekhov's Gun.

    Night Elves are demi-mortals with immortal status due to 'magic'. They are the same as mortals in every other way, just that they don't die from old age. The whole point of explaining them having immortality in the first place is to illustrate a dramatic sacrifice made at the end of the story. From a story-breakdown perspective, Night Elf immortality was written in for the purpose to be tragically removed. They are meant to have the same mortality as every other race, showing that they are all equals in this world together; no one power greater than the other. That was the message provided in Reign of Chaos; that there needs not be any 'Guardians' in the world. Everyone does their part.

    That is the reason why the Night Elves won't get immortality back.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    They retconned Malfurion, Tyrande and Illidan's age. They were all young adults during the War of the Ancients, and they gained immortality immediately after that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm pretty sure the Azsuna Highborne are somewhere between life and death. But yeah, it's curious that they're still able to use their magic.
    Woooow, THEY RETCONNED THAT! WHEN!
    So basically they cant get old without nozdormu blessing. For the love of all thats chicken. So pissed right now. I thought that they at the vrry least could get around 5-7k ish without blessing but noooooo they suckerpunched the elfs again. I mean why would they make night elfs not that old anymore, come on there isnt a single reason than just to beat them more up. Grrrrrrrr

    Edit:
    Okey ive regained my composure. So how old can night elfs be? I find it odd that they would make a race that ruled the entire kaldorei and were masters of the arcane to just tree lovers. I really hope the aspects get their powers again from a titan facility so they can bless the night elfs again, because come on they are the only faction in kalimdor. Draneai never counted because the only presence they have in kalimdor are 4 peeps north east of ashenvale and thats it. Also WHERE IS THE VINDACAAR! oh crap im getting pissed again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You mean everything they did prior to having Immortality? None of which was done in the 10,000 years they had it?



    You're talking about the Kal'dorei empire before the Legion screwed them. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the Well of Eternity blew up and they had 10,000 years of Immortality during which they did little and weren't prepared for the Legion's return.
    I agree with you on that, odd that a race wouldnt do anything for 10.000 years. I mean come on, im the most laziest person but without a pc even I would do something with my life.
    Last edited by Talrath; 2019-10-16 at 09:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •