Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No one have ever called it BS ring, not once, it's not a thing.
    Glad you’ve witnessed every instance of someone talking about the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lohi View Post
    Well that's BS. BS in this context stands for bullshit.
    Could be batshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then it should prolly be shortened to BSR as it's full name is [Blackstone Ring] ratehr than arbitrarily dropping part for shorthand nevermind that most variation of acronyms in the 2 character configuration are already saturated and need more context anyways.

Do remember the context given merely said "BS [...] ring" while discussing a ring that is besiacally the Best in Slot for all phys dps builds while also being called Blackstone so really the OP could do with avoiding shorthand because they think it's assumed because they decided to pick two letters that are already associated with at least 2 or three other things.

edit:

Honestly.. the OP's post doens't have much context to really have BS lean much between BiS or BSR... if it's to be Blackstone then it's a weird acronym for entirely dropping part of the title you. Meanwhile dropping 'is' from 'Best in Slot' would still make some sense as 'is' would be regarded as a pointless filler word.

I'd personally lean to BiS as the original meaning since they added on "Ring" following it anyways and sub-60 blues rarely earned acronym status anways... not every loot item is an Arcanite Reaper or The Nicker (a way better name anyways)
    Could just ask the OP instead of being snarky and trying to one-up someone by correcting them. But...internets.

The real question is: What do “VC” and “DM” stand for?
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2019-10-10 at 07:03 AM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    So people (usually druids) on my server are selling Princess kills in Maraudon for the BS (apparently, I don't play melee) ring. Was this done in Vanilla too?

Just seems a little lame, but I guess each to their own.
    I dont know if this specifically was done in vanilla but boost runs overall was very much a thing. On my old server Al'Akir EU the top horde guilds would be selling gear in MC and BWL.

I dont see any issues with this. Vanilla is suppose to be an open ended enviroment. Free market capitalism. Supply and demand. If anything I find it interesting that new avenues and new Metas are still being developed in classic.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I do not remember it being spammed on chat like this no. It is part of the culture of retail wow (that I also play).
    - selling powerlevel boost / Carry runs (selling Heroic / Mythic raid runs or Arena / RBG runs for gold or money)
    - server hopping (became layer hopping in Classic)
    - min/maxing to the extreme (m+ speedrun culture)
    - cleaving to the extreme (LFG / LFR aoe fest culture)

All of that is from retail players. All of that (beside layer /server thing obviously) did exist back then as well, but never in the proportions we see it now in Classic wow.
    its not a ''retail culture'' its basic human thinking,there were plenty of boosts going on in vanila,also stuff like min maxing and cleave are simply the result of people getting better over time and having an understanding of the game and ease of information about these things,in vanila we lived in a bubble almost,youtube wasnt even around at first and websites were very basic with mostly quest info,these things you hold in such high regard arent some pluses to vanila itself,many people seem disapointed about this with classic...what people REALLY want is to erase their memory and time travel lol

Its fairly standard. Back in the day stuff was mostly sold for real money as people didnt have much gold. Nowadays a lot of gold guides/routes are known so people can afford it with gold.

I think there is more bis item hunting these days, because more people are looking at lists to tell them which items they want. So there is probably more demand for it now.

But selling runs did definitely happen in vannila.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    The real question is: What do “VC” and “DM” stand for?
    Oh that's obvious!

VC = Video Conferencing
    DM = District Manager

Acronyms are so obvious after all!...

And here we go, boys. The bullshit boosting from retail had made its way to Classic.

Expect most of the trade chat to be just boosting ads, same as in retail.
    Thank god for BadBoy that can be set up to ban ads that contain certain words, and you never see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    And here we go, boys. The bullshit boosting from retail had made its way to Classic.

Thank god for BadBoy that can be set up to ban ads that contain certain words, and you never see them.
    Boosting has existed since vanilla. But yea that was once retail too. Sooo.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-10-10 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post

It is already. That and LFM reserve runs and spellcleave runs. 80% of tradechat

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then it should prolly be shortened to BSR as it's full name is [Blackstone Ring] ratehr than arbitrarily dropping part for shorthand nevermind that most variation of acronyms in the 2 character configuration are already saturated and need more context anyways.

Do remember the context given merely said "BS [...] ring" while discussing a ring that is besiacally the Best in Slot for all phys dps builds while also being called Blackstone so really the OP could do with avoiding shorthand because they think it's assumed because they decided to pick two letters that are already associated with at least 2 or three other things.

edit:

Honestly.. the OP's post doens't have much context to really have BS lean much between BiS or BSR... if it's to be Blackstone then it's a weird acronym for entirely dropping part of the title you. Meanwhile dropping 'is' from 'Best in Slot' would still make some sense as 'is' would be regarded as a pointless filler word.

I'd personally lean to BiS as the original meaning since they added on "Ring" following it anyways and sub-60 blues rarely earned acronym status anways... not every loot item is an Arcanite Reaper or The Nicker (a way better name anyways)
    Where did you find all these rules? Are they official? Do you get fined if you don’t follow the rules?

I don't see a problem with it. Someone has to have the gold for it and another person is spending time to earn this gold.

Personally prefer guildies helping each other though. It's way more fun.

But everyone can play the game whatever way they want.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Boosting has existed since vanilla. But yea that was once retail too. Sooo.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    “Boosting” existed since EverQuest.

Druids were the best power-levelers, raid drops were sold, and look up what “multi-questing” meant.

So people (usually druids) on my server are selling Princess kills in Maraudon for the BS (apparently, I don't play melee) ring. Was this done in Vanilla too?

Yes, this was done in Vanilla but not as often as today (obv).

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    “Boosting” existed since EverQuest.

Druids were the best power-levelers, raid drops were sold, and look up what “multi-questing” meant.
    I played EQ so I am very aware how that worked.

I just wanted to point out that selling raids and whatnot isn’t a new phenomena in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Yes, this was done in Vanilla but not as often as today (obv).
    We sold MC, Onyxia, BWL, AQ and Naxx staff completion every week.

I sold MC attunement and opening UBRS to finance my epic mount.

It happened just as much “back then” as now. Except that it used to be tied to one server and especially realm forums.
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-10-10 at 09:02 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    im a rogue,
    and i sell,
    Fire walker, Arena, Angerforge, golem Lord, and Sprigget runs in BRD,

there is a decent set of healing gear from each of those Bosses,

HoJ from Anger,
    Second Wind from Golem Lord,

youd be surprised how many people buy it.
    How are you selling those runs? Can a Rogue solo those bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I played EQ so I am very aware how that worked.

I just wanted to point out that selling raids and whatnot isn’t a new phenomena in WoW.
    Sure. And I’m just pointing out it’s not a new phenomena specific to WoW, either.

What a fun passive aggressive post to complain about people making gold in a way you can’t

I didn't see people level to 60 and kill rag in 5 days during vanilla....so much for the genuine experience. Checkmate atheists.

10+ Year Old Account

Selling runs wasn't as common to see in Vanilla as it is now. It is the mentality people have brought upon themselves from retail/progression servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Now I am confused. What does BS stand for?!
    Here, Blackstone, the pre-bis ring for melee+hunters.