Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Essences should be account wide

Seriously can't think of a reason why it should not be account wide.

Imagine if pathfinder 1 and 2 was locked to one character, more or less the same thing, would be unacceptable.

Yeah.. pretty much. I'm sure they'll make em account wide when it doesn't matter, with about 3-4 months left in the expansion. Kind of like the thing they did with the legendary catch up mechanic at the end of Legion. They hate us.

They should not

Essences are not a convenience like flight, they, much like gear, are character power and should be earned on each character. That said, rep could be less of a pain in the ass

Yup. They should have been. I don't mind a nice grind. I thoroughly dislike having to redo it 12 times. Even two times is too many. Allow us to progress at a slower pace but on any of our characters. This will add a huge layer of replayability to all content...

Some of them at least, like the one from Eternal Palace, since who's gonna wanna have to keep running that place just to get the essence?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    Some of them at least, like the one from Eternal Palace, since who's gonna wanna have to keep running that place just to get the essence?
    At that rate, might as well just mail.you all the gear when you hit max because who's gonna wanna have to keep running that place just to get the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Yup. They should have been. I don't mind a nice grind. I thoroughly dislike having to redo it 12 times. Even two times is too many. Allow us to progress at a slower pace but on any of our characters. This will add a huge layer of replayability to all content...
    No it doesn't. Because for most people that means grinding it out on one character, but slowly, and now if they switch to a different character it already has them and it has no reason to do any of that content. I detest this new mentality of "I did this thing on one character so please give me everything for free on a second character. If you want an alt, play and progress the alt. If you want 12 characters able to step into high end content, prepare 12 characters for that high end content.

those from dungeons, raids, pvp definitely not (well maybe the honor gaining one should)
    those from rep... well at least have it easier to obtain rep on alts

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    At that rate, might as well just mail.you all the gear when you hit max because who's gonna wanna have to keep running that place just to get the gear?
    8.3 has catch-up gear, that much has been datamined already. If they're still gonna make us go back to the old raid to get the essence, that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo Essences need not be account wide but it would be nice if it was easier/faster to gain essences on alts when you already have them on your main.
    This is like the best solution, would work well for both sides. Just like the rep system was implemented in MoP.
    Tbh, I don't mind the rep/dungeon essences, but the pvp/raid ones are a pia to get, because I don't pvp/raid at all, unless I'm forced to (I prefer the solo/up-to-5-man content, that's why)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    8.3 has catch-up gear, that much has been datamined already. If they're still gonna make us go back to the old raid to get the essence, that's a problem.
    We're barely into 8.2.5, if someone doesn't have it by 8.3 they didn't really want it

Essences should be character locked. Neck lvl should be acc bound sort of like a paragon system.

Let our alts get one rank below our main after they earn first slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No it doesn't. Because for most people that means grinding it out on one character, but slowly, and now if they switch to a different character it already has them and it has no reason to do any of that content. I detest this new mentality of "I did this thing on one character so please give me everything for free on a second character. If you want an alt, play and progress the alt. If you want 12 characters able to step into high end content, prepare 12 characters for that high end content.
    Isn't gear precisely the bar that separates an alt from a raiding character? My main is ilvl 420 and does Heroic EP, my alt is 380 and does nothing but world content. But essences aren't just power? They spice up gameplay, make it more interesting. I want that, not the power. At least Vision of Perfection or Memory of Lucid Dreams which are class specific and offer nice gameplay changing mechanics should be account wide.

"Oh you did Mechagon once for the Vision of Perfection Rank 1? Nice, now do it 2 more times for Rank 2. Now do it 3 more times for Rank 3. Wee. Now do it 66 more times do unlock it on all of your other characters " >_>

Or worse lol, imagine grinding Exalted with Nazjatar faction on 12 characters I say this again, even 1 is enough and 2 is too much, so don't tell me "well don't play 12 characters" That is not a good argument.

It's a difficult balance, tbh. You can already deck out your alt character in full benthic by playing your main, do we really need them to just instantly get essences aswell? It was a major problem and a source of complaint in D3 aswell. While I'm not sure if essences is the way to do it, Blizzard should try to make sure people are actually playing their alts, not just feel like they're forced to play their mains, because it's the fastest way to progress their alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    We're barely into 8.2.5, if someone doesn't have it by 8.3 they didn't really want it
    And people who want to play the new races but don't want to race change their main? We both know Blizz wants players doing current content. Nobody's still farming Sanguicell or Breath of Bwonsamdi for anything related to the current patch, afterall. If they don't move the Essence to a vendor or something I'll be genuinely surprised.

The other essences seem okay, as people will still be doing M+, PvP, and islands for current stuff.

there should really be a way for alt to get essence faster,I want to play my shaman,but don't want to regrind all the essence,especial when some rank 3 need exalted with faction rep.here hoping the new essence on 8.3 would just replace the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Isn't gear precisely the bar that separates an alt from a raiding character? My main is ilvl 420 and does Heroic EP, my alt is 380 and does nothing but world content. But essences aren't just power? They spice up gameplay, make it more interesting. I want that, not the power. At least Vision of Perfection or Memory of Lucid Dreams which are class specific and offer nice gameplay changing mechanics should be account wide.

"Oh you did Mechagon once for the Vision of Perfection Rank 1? Nice, now do it 2 more times for Rank 2. Now do it 3 more times for Rank 3. Wee. Now do it 66 more times do unlock it on all of your other characters " >_>
    So do tier set bonuses. Does that mean getting a 4 set bonus on your main should have automatically given every other character you have tier gear?

Or worse lol, imagine grinding Exalted with Nazjatar faction on 12 characters I say this again, even 1 is enough and 2 is too much, so don't tell me "well don't play 12 characters" That is not a good argument.
    It is. Too much shit is already shared account wide. If you want multiple characters equipped with things that are earned, earn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So do tier set bonuses. Does that mean getting a 4 set bonus on your main should have automatically given every other character you have tier gear?

It is. Too much shit is already shared account wide. If you want multiple characters equipped with things that are earned, earn them.
    What Nymrold said.