Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Guess your not playing Rogue or WW monk then. Good for you.

I still call BS.
    What 3 bis essences do you have on what 4 characters?
    He probably sits with Crucible at rank 3

agree with op 100%. I got 12 chars, only my main has good essences.

The way essences work shouldn't even be in the game at all. It's a bad system. It's like Legion's artifacts with stupid extra steps made solely to get up those MAU numbers (which I don't think works. Most normal people probably see this and go "Fuck this shit. I'm going to play something else."). Making it account wide is like duct taping a gushing wound. Which is pretty much the running theme of BFA, I guess. Battle for Bad Decisions!

(Also, maybe I'm crazy here, but I think things should just be earned by playing and doing things that are fun. That's why most people hate this kind of stuff. It's tedium put in there to extend your subscription time.)

Seriously though, who likes these kind of things? I'd much rather have a linear progression for these sort of things. Which is how it used to be, back when you got a lot of abilities while leveling and whatnot. Now everything is tied to something, which is tied to something, which is tied to something, which is tied to something else. Like, I'm fine with that for just normal gear. But it's not just something for obtaining gear anymore, it's annoyingly tedious and tied to everything you do now, and it's blatantly done just to shore up the hours you play, rather to be anything of any meaningful fun to the actual end user. Shit like that is why the MMORPG genre is kind of in a rough spot in the general public consciousness, and why other genres that have aped from it, and didn't take all of that bad baggage with it have stolen so many people from it. It like... has so much trouble, it'd seem, escaping from it's trappings. At least WoW does. (The monetary based trappings, anyways)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2019-10-11 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    The way essences work shouldn't even be in the game at all. It's a bad system. It's like Legion's artifacts with stupid extra steps made solely to get up those MAU numbers (which I don't think works. Most normal people probably see this and go "Fuck this shit. I'm going to play something else."). Making it account wide is like duct taping a gushing wound. Which is pretty much the running theme of BFA, I guess. Battle for Bad Decisions!

(Also, maybe I'm crazy here, but I think things should just be earned by playing and doing things that are fun. That's why most people hate this kind of stuff. It's tedium put in there to extend your subscription time.)

This scares me. It felt empty without artifact abilities coming into BFA. As if something from the rotation was missing. I felt weaker.
    Now we're used to better regen with lucid dreams, shorter CDs with vision, solid AOE option with focusing iris, having a pvp ability in pve with conflict.

Are we gonna feel the same way in next expansion? Empty, weak etc.

God I hate essences.
    Im gearing up a prot warrior and need to do Operation: Mechagon over and over again, get to exhalted with Rustbolt once again.