Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    im not trying to change the way you feel about something feelings are wrong all the time but you still feel that way

you haven't given me a position to argue against

nobody is getting banned for buying gold and they never will be

Blizzard banned people for buying gold in the start of Vanilla after banning a bunch of innocent players they stopped doing it

you have seen gold seller advertisements on this website and wowhead for example right?
    I dont make the decisions, my mind isn't the one you need to change.... Blizzard DOES make the decisions, It IS their mind you need to change... and thusfar it appears your attempts are failing.

If Blizzard isn't banning folks for buying gold then why EXACTLY do we need tokens?

No, in fact, I have NOT seen any gold sellers advertisements on this website nor have I seen any on Wowhead. If you have seen them then perhaps you need to make other choices with how you surf the net.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It would appear that the people that make the decisions do not agree with your position. I'm rather curious how you plan to change their mind.
    It's more like people don't understand that gold selling exists and it's not going anywhere and blizzard are simply incapable of dealing with gold sellers without adding the token into the game; It's also like the same people have to clue how token actually works, with implications that buying a token somehow gives you free gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

its already not the full classic experience we are running a patch from 2 years after WoW was released so that's not a real argument

is there any real downsides to WoW Tokens? unless you sell gold i cant think of any
    Yeah that does crack me up. This is NOTHING like the classic vanilla experience. It's a fucking mishmash of launch content with pre-TBC patch stuff including talents. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm having fun still but to say this is vanilla experience is a blatant lie.

That said, I still don't want tokens sold. For one, if it was cheaper for us here then you'd have players on BFA complaining they need to go play classic to get cheap tokens etc and I still don't like the idea of Blizzard officially selling gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    That said, I still don't want tokens sold. For one, if it was cheaper for us here then you'd have players on BFA complaining they need to go play classic to get cheap tokens etc and I still don't like the idea of Blizzard officially selling gold.
    Do you like an idea of random strangers unofficially selling gold? Gold-selling ads over the web and ingame? It often goes hand-in-hand with "you are too busy to level you character to 60? NO WORRIES!" ads on youtube and less money for them - the better imo.

It's just weird that people seem to be fine with this "shadow market" and are against blizzard taking this matter into their own hands. I mean, i know a person IRL who is against tokens on classic (really zelous about it), but he makes a living off gold and bot sells. Why would anyone not involved in gold-selling by against tokens escapes my mind completely.

It's also clear as the sky that blizzard won't implement tokens in classic wow, because it would be too hard to manage it between two games with one sub for both and with different economies

- - - Updated - - -

This week there was a hot post on reddit about guy being wrongfully banned for buying some shit in classic, then GM came into comments under that thread and confirmed that OP was banned for buying gold
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...ecloth_stacks/
    He deleted his account tho, but it was a fun read when people actually believed into a sob story about being wrongfully banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Not true at all! Although it's not as common as botters/exploiters etc getting banned it for sure does happen from time to time.

That is factually incorrect. They ban both buyers and botters.

I highly doubt tokens will be added to classic. IF by some fd up chance that blizz wants to up their revenue and adds tokens, pretty sure many players will quit playin classic and go back to retail.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    #nochangesmotherfucker

We had to deal with animated fucking displays of level one toons spelling out the name of gold selling sites.
    aaaaand.... /Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I highly doubt tokens will be added to classic. IF by some fd up chance that blizz wants to up their revenue and adds tokens, pretty sure many players will quit playin classic and go back to retail.
    they'll just straight up quit.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had BfA Alpha. Then I had BfA Beta. Now I has BfA. Meh
    No Classic Beta. Even if I got it I probably wouldn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    "Whoever makes a claim carries the burden of proof regardless of positive or negative content in the claim." The very video you linked even said this. Sorry but we're not going to just take your word for it that 'nobody has been getting banned for buying gold." at face value, just because you said it.

God damn, your logic is terrible. I'm almost ashamed that one of my characters is called Daishar, now.
    do you understand the concept of "Proving a negative" your asking me to prove something doesn't exist

im telling you something is not happening you seem to want to say something "is" happening so the burden of proof is on you not me

this is all slightly off topic anyway because there has always been ways to buy gold in WoW there has always been ways to buy gold in Vanilla WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Not true at all! Although it's not as common as botters/exploiters etc getting banned it for sure does happen from time to time.
    those times the GM's have probably investigated the account (looking for a gold "seller") and found the player giving them proof they had broken the rules via in game chat logs

if a account is mailed gold and no other evidence is there no chance of a ban

anyway gold buyers are not the problem its like the war on drugs in most Western countries its the gangs that cause most of the problems not the drugs

i want the gangs to be hurt =P the farmers and sellers to be hurt and the WoW Token will do that

do you understand the concept of "Proving a negative" your asking me to prove something doesn't exist

im telling you something is not happening you seem to want to say something "is" happening so the burden of proof is on you not me

this is all slightly off topic anyway because there has always been ways to buy gold in WoW there has always been ways to buy gold in Vanilla WoW
    What you are really saying is 'I cant or wont prove my claim'.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    You wanted the classic experience, this includes:

1. Gold spammers.
    2. Easy content.
    3. Bad class balance.
    4. Repetitive end game.
    5. Frostbolt spamming.

Take it easy. The game is literally desgined to die in 2 years.
    I'll be very surprised if it lasts even 1 year. Most people are already done. It's a crap game once you're done leveling.

Had to dig up my old account just to reply here.
    -
    Havent seen anyone to bring up the point of tokens being both cross realm and cross faction sales. Where as each classic server is closed economy, and cross faction sales are taxed more heavily.

This would introduce the only way to "trade" gold cross-realms which would be horrendous.

I also do not see the limitation of the token to only on one server and faction being solution since it would limit the amount of people willing to sell and buy it way too much for it being healthy. It would also deepen the divide between people who can afford to grind mats, raw gold etc endlessly and people who only have 10 hours per week or less for playing. This is currently kept in check somehow with limited amount of money and resources available to the server economy (think devilsaur spawns for example).
    -
    When it comes down to gold selling, tokens do not remove it from my experience. It is well alive on retail (At least was on 8.1) and classic has been (for me) nice breeze of fresh air to not get constantly spammed by gold sellers. People will keep buying and selling gold whether token exists or not. Only thing token does is normalizing ingame currency buying.
    -
    Also blizz has banned people in the past for both selling and buying gold, as well as for AH manipulation. We lost our MT on Black temple back in TBC due to him buying gold. Friend got banned for 30 days in start of WotLK for cornering a market and manipulating it in AH. In start of WoD another friend got banned for 2 weeks for buying BoE's for real money. Just to name a few. Blizz has banned in past and will prolly ban in future players breaking the ToS.
    -
    Personal opinion I have towards the token is big no, due to classic not being designed around people being able to suddenly get money. Having everything take time, including raw gold or resource farming, is gameplay decision. And it should stay that way.

Compare this to retail which has more amusement park -themed gameplay loop. It is not designed around you grinding multitude hours to just get to latest raid or other piece of content. Just log in and join the frey. Token works there much better, and are more balanced via open economy aswell.
    Last edited by curupuru; 2019-10-17 at 10:17 AM. Reason: couple typos, reworded some parts

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Really now? I recall a mount going from 30k off the BMAH in MoP to 300+k in WoD, and moreso in Legion. All that excess gold is still floating about in the game... hence why Blizzard reigned in the gold in BfA and gave gold sinks like that 5m AH mount. The damage has been done.
    As someone who made 6M gold in WoD and 16-17M gold in Legion exclusively from mission tables, I agree. Mission tables were economy breakers if used correctly during those expansions.

They took a good step in BfA with the mission table giving little to no gold but I don't think this is recoverable

Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    Had to dig up my old account just to reply here.
    -
    Havent seen anyone to bring up the point of tokens being both cross realm and cross faction sales. Where as each classic server is closed economy, and cross faction sales are taxed more heavily.

This would introduce the only way to "trade" gold cross-realms which would be horrendous.

I also do not see the limitation of the token to only on one server and faction being solution since it would limit the amount of people willing to sell and buy it way too much for it being healthy. It would also deepen the divide between people who can afford to grind mats, raw gold etc endlessly and people who only have 10 hours per week or less for playing. This is currently kept in check somehow with limited amount of money and resources available to the server economy (think devilsaur spawns for example).
    -
    When it comes down to gold selling, tokens do not remove it from my experience. It is well alive on retail (At least was on 8.1) and classic has been (for me) nice breeze of fresh air to not get constantly spammed by gold sellers. People will keep buying and selling gold whether token exists or not. Only thing token does is normalizing ingame currency buying.
    -
    Also blizz has banned people in the past for both selling and buying gold, as well as for AH manipulation. We lost our MT on Black temple back in TBC due to him buying gold. Friend got banned for 30 days in start of WotLK for cornering a market and manipulating it in AH. In start of WoD another friend got banned for 2 weeks for buying BoE's for real money. Just to name a few. Blizz has banned in past and will prolly ban in future players breaking the ToS.
    -
    Personal opinion I have towards the token is big no, due to classic not being designed around people being able to suddenly get money. Having everything take time, including raw gold or resource farming, is gameplay decision. And it should stay that way.

Compare this to retail which has more amusement park -themed gameplay loop. It is not designed around you grinding multitude hours to just get to latest raid or other piece of content. Just log in and join the frey. Token works there much better, and are more balanced via open economy aswell.
    funny i was just thinking about that it would make more sense to have two exchange rates 1 for Horde and 1 for Alliance
    if any new Classic servers are created they should have to wait X period before getting access to WoW Tokens i guess

a downside to this is two different wow token values 1 faction would be promoted to farm more then the other on the same server that would make things harder for the faction with the WoW Token that is worth less

i haven't done much thinking about it but cant think of anything else that would cause issues players are setting the prices based on supply and demand nothing else

for your 2nd point where spawns are limited the cost of items is linked to supply and demand more then anything else people who want WoW Tokens will be farming more of the mats to sell for gold so the supply would increase that would bring the price of many items down. at the same time it would make things harder to farm but you would be competing against other players instead of bots/gold farmers so it kind of cancels out

the items you get access to via gold are not that important in classic when you compare them to retail

when you make the personal choice to farm something at 60 and find a bunch of gold sellers farming it let me know how that effects your game play

No.

Tokens on the surface appear to be a good option to handle gold sellers but they essentially add pay to win to the game. I could with real money buy myself a lightforge helm. Thats against the spirit of the game IMO and should be against the spirit of live whist we are at it.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

i suspect most players be buying mounts / re spec's with the gold they get from WoW Tokens for the most part
    this means WoW Tokens would remove gold from the game causing the price of gold to become more valuable the opposite of inflation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    No.

Tokens on the surface appear to be a good option to handle gold sellers but they essentially add pay to win to the game. I could with real money buy myself a lightforge helm. Thats against the spirit of the game IMO and should be against the spirit of live whist we are at it.
    that item is "Binds when picked up"
    Last edited by Daish; 2019-10-17 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There actually is because it inflates the economy drastically.
    How does it inflate the economy? Gold is both created and destroyed equally. If gold was only created, THEN it would create inflation. It's only exchanging hands. People that farm stuff to vendor for gold or do quests increases inflation. Repairing, AHing goods (AH deposit fee on failed auctions and 5% auction fee on sold goods), training abilities, respeccing, and buying things from vendors destroys gold, fighting inflation.

I don't think you know how inflation works.

I also don't want tokens purchasable in classic. I can just buy them on retail with the millions of gold i have stockpiled there. If you want gold in classic, you gotta farm it or work those professions and sell your services to other players. #nochanges

- - - Updated - - -

i suspect most players would buy WoW Tokens to pay for respects and their mounts for the most part
    this means WoW Tokens would remove gold from the game causing the price of gold to become more valuable the opposite of inflation
    I don't think you understand how tokens work. Blizzard isn't selling the tokens. Players are. When a player buys a token from another player, gold is neither created nor destroyed. It merely exchanges hands. It neither creates or fights inflation.

Yes, Blizzard sells tokens to Player A for real $$$. That doesn't affect gold value though because it still doesn't create or destroy gold. Player A and Player B exchange token + gold, but it only exchanges hands. Nothing is destroyed. Then Player B uses the token. Token is destroyed. The only thing that really happened is gold moved from Player A to Player B. The exchange of real money and game time is only between players and Blizzard and doesn't touch gold economy at all.

funny i was just thinking about that it would make more sense to have two exchange rates 1 for Horde and 1 for Alliance
    if any new Classic servers are created they should have to wait X period before getting access to WoW Tokens i guess

a downside to this is two different wow token values 1 faction would be promoted to farm more then the other on the same server that would make things harder for the faction with the WoW Token that is worth less

i haven't done much thinking about it but cant think of anything else that would cause issues players are setting the prices based on supply and demand nothing else

for your 2nd point where spawns are limited the cost of items is linked to supply and demand more then anything else people who want WoW Tokens will be farming more of the mats to sell for gold so the supply would increase that would bring the price of many items down. at the same time it would make things harder to farm but you would be competing against other players instead of bots/gold farmers so it kind of cancels out

the items you get access to via gold are not that important in classic when you compare them to retail

when you make the personal choice to farm something at 60 and find a bunch of gold sellers farming it let me know how that effects your game play
    Isn't this all a pointless fantasy of yours when Blizzard says No?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Isn't this all a pointless fantasy of yours when Blizzard says No?
    things change just like how Blizzard said they would never have Classic servers that changed

if gold farmers / bots / seller spam becomes a big enough problem im sure more people would be interested in WoW Tokens being added

The only good thing about this thread is the saltiness of crybabies who caused the retail version to go to shit, and now are mad they aren't able to do the same to classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.