Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    No it will not. It will just use the gold already on the server. Its not like they will be printing extra gold for it.
    True. It will not 'print' new gold. It will take gold from the server.
    So it will be something totally reverse and that why it is bad.

  2. #62
    There were no tokens in vanilla. No changes, please.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    answer the question

    Goldfingaz when you want to earn gold in Classic do you

    A) go farm for items to sell to other players
    B) go farm for items to sell to a vendor to create the gold
    Your question isn't even a real question however. You farm for items and money. You sell vendor trash to vendors, and items to players.

    Answer this question for me

    Do you:

    A) Sell an item for what you believe it's worth
    or
    B) Sell an item by undercutting market value

    And then think about how market value changes when there's more currency in the market.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    same i would never need to buy a WoW Token and i never have (i've given away millions of gold to female players just for the meme value)
    For the meme value.., uh huh.



    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    im more focused on the player selling the WoW Token it can help them stay part of the community and ends up helping a lot of people
    i also just hate seeing non player characters and bots farming and getting in the way i have a real hate of bots

    so... that's two upsides
    It helps lazy players cut corners. Vanilla/Classic isn't about cutting corners by buying gold. You earn the gear or gold and that is the sense of achievement. And when you see people with their epic mount or in great gear, you know they put time and effort in, not their credit card.

    Nobody likes bots, except those using them. If you rolled on a PvE server then you knew you wouldn't be able to "push" someone out of a spot, bot or not. Best thing you can do is report them, or go on a PvP where you can kill them.

    I've seen no bots so far and haven't received any gold spam pms or fake guild invites (from gold sellers), and no, I'm not on a dead server. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't seem to be plaguing my server at least.

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Kickass
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    somebody has worked hard in game for hours farming for that gold

    a question for you buddhapunch09

    do you want the person who has worked hard in game for hours to be

    A) a farmer / bot
    B) a real player

    That question doesn't make any sense.... because I DONT want the WoW token. There is no would you rather.
    Of course I want real players in game not bots. Its againt ToS for bots and those people get banned.
    More importantly I dont want cheesy lazy ass people just going into an ingame shop and buying gold to get a mount that they dont deserve. It totally ruins the achievement of it and is an import part of the game... simply because you get a MINOR annoyance of having to click "no" on a channel invite or whisper. You know you can block invites right? You know that saying "1st world problems"? This issue is a literal retail player problems. lol
    Its against ToS to buy gold for Classic. Its not suppose to be in the game.

    My final answer is get off your ass (or rather sit down lol) and earn your gold/items yourself!
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Your question isn't even a real question however. You farm for items and money. You sell vendor trash to vendors, and items to players.

    Answer this question for me

    Do you:

    A) Sell an item for what you believe it's worth
    or
    B) Sell an item by undercutting market value

    And then think about how market value changes when there's more currency in the market.
    you did not answer the question what is your 1# goal when trying to earn money what earns you the most do you herb or mine

    B i always B you would have to be somebody who enjoys throwing away gold to do A
    its funny so many times when i undercut people they will buy my item and try resell it higher but ill just put more back up good times

    do you have a problem with items and the mats you require being cheaper? lol do you? lol

    i got my epic mount weeks ago and have about 500g atm and a hell of a lot of mats

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you did not answer the question what is your 1# goal when trying to earn money what earns you the most do you herb or mine

    B i always B you would have to be somebody who enjoys throwing away gold to do A
    its funny so many times when i undercut people they will buy my item and try resell it higher but ill just put more back up good times

    do you have a problem with items and the mats you require being cheaper? lol do you? lol

    i got my epic mount weeks ago and have about 500g atm and a hell of a lot of mats
    See you're proving you don't know how economy works. When the servers launched you could by silk off of the AH at 30-40s per stack. As the days go buy and more currency is introduced to the players, that price of silk has also gone up to about 90s per stack.

    The more currency there is, the more expensive items will be. Introducing WoW Tokens will increase the amount of people farming gold so they don't have to pay subscription rates, which then introduces more gold to the economy. How do you not understand this?

  8. #68
    Or???

    Blizzard do us a diligence and ban gold sellers as you so ruthlessly did with bot creators in your game.

    Round em up and ban them all. It's really hard to recover after the a ban in classic wow. Time investment is huge in this game in order to make anything profitable. Blizzard can just keep banning them and gold sellers wont be able to recover from it, and it will all stop eventually.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    That question doesn't make any sense.... because I DONT want the WoW token. There is no would you rather.
    Of course I want real players in game not bots. Its againt ToS for bots and those people get banned.
    More importantly I dont want cheesy lazy ass people just going into an ingame shop and buying gold to get a mount that they dont deserve. It totally ruins the achievement of it and is an import part of the game... simply because you get a MINOR annoyance of having to click "no" on a channel invite or whisper. You know you can block invites right? You know that saying "1st world problems"? This issue is a literal retail player problems. lol
    Its against ToS to buy gold for Classic. Its not suppose to be in the game.

    My final answer is get off your ass (or rather sit down lol) and earn your gold/items yourself!
    its a hypothetical question so you would rather players farming and non player characters (farmers) farming in your classic server?

    you do understand nothing is stopping players from buying gold without the WoW Token existing? and that has massive downsides and hurts everyone on your server but there is nothing you or blizzard can do about it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Or???

    Blizzard do us a diligence and ban gold sellers as you so ruthlessly did with bot creators in your game.

    Round em up and ban them all. It's really hard to recover after the a ban in classic wow. Time investment is huge in this game in order to make anything profitable. Blizzard can just keep banning them and gold sellers wont be able to recover from it, and it will all stop eventually.
    Blizzard only bans bot accounts for 6 month periods now never perm bans

    its something i highly disagree with

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    EDIT: actually, method was in 100million gold debt, after the race, god only knows how much they actually spend.
    This was grossly exaggerated. Method clarified in an interview they didn't go into any sort of debt after the race. They spent a couple million gold which they had saved from people buying clears prior to the race.

  11. #71
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there is no mechanic that creates gold out of thin air like in the retail version of WoW
    Except of course killing mobs that drop gold, loot you can sell and quests rewards.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its already not the full classic experience we are running a patch from 2 years after WoW was released so that's not a real argument

    is there any real downsides to WoW Tokens? unless you sell gold i cant think of any
    LOL how many different ways was this response predicted?

    "It's already not Classic so just allow x thing that wasn't in Vanilla that we have now in Retail but we bitch about sometimes"

    LOL. Open the floodgates.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <The Godz of War> Sargeras - US

    Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

  13. #73
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    See you're proving you don't know how economy works. When the servers launched you could by silk off of the AH at 30-40s per stack. As the days go buy and more currency is introduced to the players, that price of silk has also gone up to about 90s per stack.

    The more currency there is, the more expensive items will be. Introducing WoW Tokens will increase the amount of people farming gold so they don't have to pay subscription rates, which then introduces more gold to the economy. How do you not understand this?
    the price of silk and mageweave will keep going up until about 3g a stack that's what happened in vanilla

    a secret that not many people know *whispers* its because people have levelled up and are no longer doing content that drops silk or mageweave cloth but there are many level 60 players who use silk or mageweave cloth in their professions (leveling first aid for example)

    it had nothing to do with how much gold exists on the server google "supply and demand"

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the price of silk and mageweave will keep going up until about 3g a stack that's what happened in vanilla

    a secret that not many people know *whispers* its because people have levelled up and are no longer doing content that drops silk or mageweave cloth but there are many level 60 players who use silk or mageweave cloth in their professions (leveling first aid for example)

    it had nothing to do with how much gold exists on the server google "supply and demand"
    Supply and Demand changes with how much currency is in circulation. This is the part you're missing. Also silk was used as an example, it's still heavily farmed via people running SM.

    I get it, you have no gold and want to buy gold from Blizz because you're scared of the risk from gold farmers, I don't blame you. /sarcasm
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2019-10-10 at 07:34 PM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its already not the full classic experience we are running a patch from 2 years after WoW was released so that's not a real argument

    is there any real downsides to WoW Tokens? unless you sell gold i cant think of any
    Yes, it gives players an easy way to gain gold in an environment where you have to work for everything else. And Classic is unique in that you can buy quite a lot with gold.

    It would dramatically shift Classic's economy, just like it did for normal servers, and I don't want to see that happen. I don't even like that it's available on normal servers, but I've accepted as both a necessary evil, and something I literally can't do anything about one way or another.

    Classic is a different story. If Blizzard is going to obsess over not adding things like optional updated graphics or direct outward connections to normal servers (i.e., transmog, mounts, achievements transitioning to normal servers if you missed them back then but got them on classic) and bombing simple lfg addons, then they definitely have no reason to add something like this.

    (Un)Fortunately, Activision is pretty damn greedy and I could definitely see them doing this as a cash grab once classic's population starts to die down a bit and they feel they need to cash out the server before moving on and/or updating it. So, it's not absolutely impossible, as much as I wish it was.

  16. #76
    Might as well ask for xmog... wow!

  17. #77
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Supply and Demand changes with how much currency is in circulation. This is the part you're missing. Also silk was used as an example, it's still heavily farmed via people running SM.

    I get it, you have no gold and want to buy gold from Blizz because you're scared of the risk from gold farmers, I don't blame you.
    no i do not need gold https://i.imgur.com/5S7Vtiu.png

    i have my epic mount my main had weapon was 180 gold from the AH i have about 200-300 gold in mats to sell and 400 gold on my char atm given away 100g to friends so far

    i only made this post to try and help the community

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    You don't solve a drug selling problem by selling drugs yourself.
    You do if you also treat the problem as a health issue instead of a criminal issue. Providing a means to get your fix in a safe and secure way is far superior to the risk of getting spammed or hacked using the alternatives.

    Even if there was Blizzard gold selling, the problem wouldn't go away. OPs issue is that they don't like the spam. What will happen, in place of most of the gold selling spam, is that we will get dungeon\raid selling spam. You replace one disease with another. I would rather have the gold selling spam as it is likely that these are easier to combat with add-ons.

    I'm an advocate of the tokens, it has allowed me to play the game for gold. I think I would rather not have the token in classic as the gold carries are a major downside. Tbh, if you want tokens just do some grinding in BFA. Gold is a lot easier to come by there. That's if you can't afford 15 bucks a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    See you're proving you don't know how economy works. When the servers launched you could by silk off of the AH at 30-40s per stack. As the days go buy and more currency is introduced to the players, that price of silk has also gone up to about 90s per stack.

    The more currency there is, the more expensive items will be. Introducing WoW Tokens will increase the amount of people farming gold so they don't have to pay subscription rates, which then introduces more gold to the economy. How do you not understand this?
    This is a misnomer. I don't know how it is now, but I bet that farming is bearable and that most people doing it are doing it to get what they need as opposed to doing it to pay for their subscription or other Blizzard services or just mass infinite gold. This means that you can go out and farm for something without 20 bots/players competing with you, in theory. Add gold tokens and this might change. Suddenly everyone is farming nonstop and you are all but forced to use the auction house or grind in very inefficient areas if you want something.

    The ramifications of adding something like this are huge and have long-term effects that cannot be reversed. By trivializing them you are proving that you just want to see the token added and you don't really care if anything happens as a side effect; that means that your argument loses a lot of its merit and value. Respect the cost of what you are asking for, and accept the reality that it will have effects you cannot predict.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its already not the full classic experience we are running a patch from 2 years after WoW was released so that's not a real argument

    is there any real downsides to WoW Tokens? unless you sell gold i cant think of any
    the token would affect the economy greatly,the fact its 1.12 doesnt,unless you count some classes doing a bit better dps as a faster gold maker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •