Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In Classic, we don't want people buying their way through content.

Rule breakers who buy gold now are just criminals. Cheaters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the gold seller spam has started on my server its only going to get worse

the sellers on my server are somehow sending a message that pops up like a party invite to join a channel that is named after their gold seller website (very annoying)

there is are no downsides to adding WoW Tokens to classic unless you are a gold seller
    It amazes me how many people don't know how to disable that popup. It is literally in your WoW interface options.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    ABSOLUTELY NOT.
    NOPE
    NEVER
    NEVER EVER EVER!

NEVER ADD THE TOKEN TO CLASSIC!
    DEAL WITH THE GOLD SPAM AND JUST BLOCK! I play on a high pop realm I only get one invite usually a day. NOT A PROBLEM.

I want to add one more thing:
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blizzard and money is going to win here is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This is a misnomer. I don't know how it is now, but I bet that farming is bearable and that most people doing it are doing it to get what they need as opposed to doing it to pay for their subscription or other Blizzard services or just mass infinite gold. This means that you can go out and farm for something without 20 bots/players competing with you, in theory. Add gold tokens and this might change. Suddenly everyone is farming nonstop and you are all but forced to use the auction house or grind in very inefficient areas if you want something.

The ramifications of adding something like this are huge and have long-term effects that cannot be reversed. By trivializing them you are proving that you just want to see the token added and you don't really care if anything happens as a side effect; that means that your argument loses a lot of its merit and value. Respect the cost of what you are asking for, and accept the reality that it will have effects you cannot predict.
    I'm not sure if you think I'm for tokens, but I am not. I'm saying tokens have a negative impact on the economy.

I am Murloc!

the sellers on my server are somehow sending a message that pops up like a party invite to join a channel that is named after their gold seller website (very annoying)

there is are no downsides to adding WoW Tokens to classic unless you are a gold seller
    You can disable those invites

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    #nochangesmotherfucker

We had to deal with animated fucking displays of level one toons spelling out the name of gold selling sites.
    Ah, S---- E------.

You get wow gold ads on mmo-champion. Get the addons to deal with the spam or continue to see spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I'm not sure if you think I'm for tokens, but I am not. I'm saying tokens have a negative impact on the economy.
    It seems I may have misread your post. I apologize if this is the case. MMOchamp is a bit chaotic today.

People had millions of gold before the token system was intoduced, it did nothing negative to the economy.

But I don't think Classic needs the token system. Right now Classic is a great filler for midcontent or a flytrap for otherwise non-players. The active Retail community was not split up with the Classic release - check raidlogs / m+ activity since its still above LEGION's.

Retail allows players with lots of gold or skilled players to maintain the WoW sub for free and thats fine, since its the real game.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It seems I may have misread your post. I apologize if this is the case. MMOchamp is a bit chaotic today.
    No worries, could have just been lack of context due to mid convo.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Gold is supposed to be sparse in Classic. It should remain that way.
    As a moderator, I would expect you to know how the WoWtoken works and that it does not add or remove gold in any meaningful way. It merely redistributes it.
    That was the whole point of adding it.

The inflation you see was largely caused by the Garrisons.

i only made this post to try and help the community
    Help them do what, exactly?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You get wow gold ads on mmo-champion. Get the addons to deal with the spam or continue to see spam.
    > Imagine supporting MMOchamp by not using adblocker

The number of people who don’t understand WoW token is distressing. Or understand that the game is just as p2w when you can buy gold from gold farmers as buying a token. You can just say “#nochanges” and it’s a far better argument than bs about inflation and p2w.

Brewmaster

Hard No

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    As a moderator, I would expect you to know how the WoWtoken works and that it does not add or remove gold in any meaningful way. It merely redistributes it.
    That was the whole point of adding it.

The inflation you see was largely caused by the Garrisons.
    That is simply not true. More people will pay for their subscription by farming more gold, which in turn creates more gold, which adds gold to the economy. Gold is created by the players by completing quests, looting gold from mobs and selling items to NPCs. There is not a finite amount of gold in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It is free to get an adblocker but also can get irritating. Choice is theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    No worries, could have just been lack of context due to mid convo.
    Yeah, probably. What matters is that gold token would be very unhealthy for WoW's economy. It is on normal severs, it would be even worse on classic servers where gold is scarce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Can't speak for MMO-champ, but depending on how bad the ads are (gold advertisements are a big no, anything that stretches or distorts the web page is also a big no), ad blockers are going to be inevitable. Nine times out of ten, websites that aggressively try to stop those kind of blockers just don't get used, and the users move to a different website.

In the case here though, if people are seeing gold ads they are almost certainly not intended. Most websites use advertisements from outside sources that have a bunch packed together that may or may not be relevant. Whenever there are "bad" ads mixed in, they are removed if they are found and/or reported. I dunno if MMOchamp has that feature but I'm willing to bet that they do.

I know that WoWhead does. I've run into gold ads and ads that played loud, obnoxious noises and when people reported them, they were removed. Gotta have ads to pay for the website if users don't do it themselves. Likewise, many users are going to use ad blockers even if the ads are not obnoxious, sometimes because specifically disabling them for one website is too much of a pain to bother with.

Frankly I'm against blunt force advertising anyways. It dilutes the effect they have when they use so many, and just leads to people completely ignoring them (or blocking them). But this is the wrong topic to have a discussion about that.

You can just come out and say it, you cannot afford your epic mount.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The gold sellers are a very high risk to getting bans and blizzard monitors it very heavily.
    Just to be clear i am not in favor of tokens.

But this statement ist not true at all. There was a German WoW website that officially advertised a goldseller in their videos in the past. This Guild financed a lot of their ingame expenses through goldsellers.

You know what happened to them? A one time warning with no repercussions what so ever.

Blizzard does almost nothing against goldsellers and the people buying gold. If you have a goldseller that goes a tiny bit intelligent on the matter you wont even get a warning.