Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there is are no downsides to adding WoW Tokens to classic unless you are a gold seller
    There are severe downsides. Gold is supposed to be sparse. It's one of the built-in timegates of the game.
    Introducing tokens would change that drastically and gold wouldn't matter anymore.

So. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    careful what you wish for, wow token sounds good on paper, but it has bad side effects.
    in a perfect world there would be no way to buy gold, at all.

the wow token has made retail indirectly pay to win, legally.
    not only can you can pay your way to boosts.
    Both of those things have been happening in MMOs forever because of this thing called real world money. Blizzard can't stop this from happening. These transactions just happen outside of the game on Skype or Discord or whatever third party messaging service you want to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    There are severe downsides. Gold is supposed to be sparse. It's one of the built-in timegates of the game.
    Introducing tokens would change that drastically and gold wouldn't matter anymore.

So. Deal with it.
    Tbf, WoW Tokens wouldn't create or destroy gold. They would just encourage rich players to spend their gold in a way that it flows to the poor players of the game. It doesn't magically create gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lol redistributing gold for real money in classic is the dumbest idea one could ever have. Can't believe you're that desperate to have easy gold.
    It's going to happen anyways, regardless of whether or not you agree with it. Goldsellers exist because people are willing to buy gold.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for the WoW Token to be included in Classic. I'm just pointing out what the WoW token doesn't do.

No way. This will completely kill the game.

Gold that actually worth something and relevant professions is one of the major positive aspects of Classic. And earning gold by devotion and hard work is exciting.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-10-16 at 05:13 AM.

the gold seller spam has started on my server its only going to get worse

the sellers on my server are somehow sending a message that pops up like a party invite to join a channel that is named after their gold seller website (very annoying)

there is are no downsides to adding WoW Tokens to classic unless you are a gold seller

edit------

most people seem to misunderstand how WoW Tokens work the gold people get for the WoW Token they buy from Blizzard is coming from other players no new gold is being created there is no inflation if the price of the WoW Token keeps increasing WoW Token may even remove gold from the game

no downside? except trivializing the whole saving gold for mounts and crap like that.

- - - Updated - - -

its already not the full classic experience we are running a patch from 2 years after WoW was released so that's not a real argument

is there any real downsides to WoW Tokens? unless you sell gold i cant think of any
    is patch 1.12 a patch that occured during vanilla wow or not? they did not promise us patch progression. they promised us vanilla wow. 1.12 is vanilla wow.

Don't get it how this suggestion is even supported by a number of players. People were so angry when such an innocent addition like adding new character models was discussed (and this has ZERO effect on gameplay), and here someone proposes to murder one of the better aspects of Classic - the relevance of gold - and people let it be.

For instance, I've already got my epic mount and extra ~300g because I am good in trading, farming right things and playing on AH. Why should people, who don't know how to play, get the EZ way by buying gold with real money? This will effectively nullify efforts of those who are capable to build their fortune from scratch like I and others did.

Sorry, but this is the most retarded suggestion I've heard for a while.

No, no and no. Learn to farm, trade, make profession alts. Or be poor for the rest of Classic. Your choice.
    Adding token = economy dead in a few days and it's GG for a lot of competitive players, who would just quit.

P.S. Gold sellers can just be banned via reports and thorough checks by GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    no downside? except trivializing the whole saving gold for mounts and crap like that.

- - - Updated - - -

is patch 1.12 a patch that occured during vanilla wow or not? they did not promise us patch progression. they promised us vanilla wow. 1.12 is vanilla wow.
    It technically doesn't trivialize saving for mounts. It encourages wealthy players to give their gold to poor players for subscription time.

there is no mechanic that creates gold out of thin air like in the retail version of WoW

15 years ago there were gold sellers if players selling gold via WoW token shuts down the real gold farmers wouldn't that "DECREASE" the total amount of gold that exists on the server?

not to mention gold farmers getting in the way of legit players that was a big issue back in Vanilla

if the servers remain stable zones will be full of bots and non player farmers to sell gold on private sites

- - - Updated - - -

why would it bump up the price of everything you do know people farm more items to be able to sell in the AH for gold to buy the token with

there are no daily missions or anything repeatable that will create gold out of thin air besides vendoring to a npc having WoW Tokens in Classic will not increase the gold on the server
    does it create it out of thin air? no. but all of a sudden a person just starting the game can buy a token, sell it, and poof. no more worries about scrimping and saving. no worries about how good or bad your gear is. just hit up the AH, get some bags. get some decent gear so you're not complete scrub, and easy street the entire leveling, farming gold, and saving for mounts process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    It technically doesn't trivialize saving for mounts. It encourages wealthy players to give their gold to poor players for subscription time.
    and that doesn't trivialize it how? a fresh player can buy a token and not have to worry about gold because some gold rich person bought game time.

It encourages wealthy players to give their gold to poor players for subscription time.
    You completely ignore the fact that a lot of in-game wealthy players don't live in developing / 3rd world countries and don't need this equivalent of 12 euro instead of their in-game gold.

12 euro = 1-2 burger snacks in my country. What would I buy with that "much" money? I don't even feel the subscription fee, I pay more to my cellular operator and, considering all monthly expenses, this is a tiny drop in the ocean.

Token is even more problematic cause it actually encourages these 3rd world players to cheat / abuse bugs so they can accumulate abnormally high amounts of in-game gold in order to buy tokens and pay subs with it, cause these 12 euros is a lot of money for them. I even knew one such player on retail - he was using various bots until, thankfully, he got his account locked.

P.S. If the token is badly needed so Russian / Ukrainian / Serbian etc. players can afford playing (most token buyers come from these countries), introduce the token only on RU realms and on 1-2 more specially selected ones. But avoid doing that on other realms.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-10-16 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    does it create it out of thin air? no. but all of a sudden a person just starting the game can buy a token, sell it, and poof. no more worries about scrimping and saving. no worries about how good or bad your gear is. just hit up the AH, get some bags. get some decent gear so you're not complete scrub, and easy street the entire leveling, farming gold, and saving for mounts process.

- - - Updated - - -

and that doesn't trivialize it how? a fresh player can buy a token and not have to worry about gold because some gold rich person bought game time.
    they can do the same thing without the token existing

the only down side to a token existing in game is people with poor impulse control may buy a token when they cant really afford it
    at the moment you need to buy it from a gold seller so its slightly harder to do

there is literary no real downsides

choice = good

wanting to remove choice = what

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Both of those things have been happening in MMOs forever because of this thing called real world money. Blizzard can't stop this from happening. These transactions just happen outside of the game on Skype or Discord or whatever third party messaging service you want to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf, WoW Tokens wouldn't create or destroy gold. They would just encourage rich players to spend their gold in a way that it flows to the poor players of the game. It doesn't magically create gold.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to happen anyways, regardless of whether or not you agree with it. Goldsellers exist because people are willing to buy gold.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for the WoW Token to be included in Classic. I'm just pointing out what the WoW token doesn't do.
    I don't think anyone is naive to the point of believing people won't be buying gold just because it's illegal.

The problem is that if it is legal a lot of people will be buying gold.

I'm playing as a bloody mage and I still get whispers of other mages asking me how I farmed gold for my epic mount...

Also, if it's illegal people that buy gold will be getting banned and probably won't be doing it again. It is quite clear to me that redistributing gold for money is a stupid idea in Classic. The economy would be a mess.

Yes ofc we need token in classic so we dont need to do anything. Just buy token, sell, get gold, buy boost in every raid. YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I don't think anyone is naive to the point of believing people won't be buying gold just because it's illegal.

The problem is that if it is legal a lot of people will be buying gold.

I'm playing as a bloody mage and I still get whispers of other mages asking me how I farmed gold for my epic mount...

Also, if it's illegal people that buy gold will be getting banned and probably won't be doing it again. It is quite clear to me that redistributing gold for money is a stupid idea in Classic. The economy would be a mess.
    its impossible to be banned for buying gold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yes ofc we need token in classic so we dont need to do anything. Just buy token, sell, get gold, buy boost in every raid. YEAH!
    ive raided in Classic for 4 weeks now and have 2 pieces of loot

who are these people that will sell runs opposed to wanting to gear their own characters?

the only people who would do something like that are people who will sell the gold for real life money half the carry spam you see in retail is people trying to sell runs for real life money anyway

So many people in here who have no idea how the Token actually work, it's almost impressive

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    So many people in here who have no idea how the Token actually work, it's almost impressive
    Classic's main audience are the people who dont like the COMPLEX retail game. Keep that in mind in every discussion in the sub-forum. This is more about feelcraft, game world immersion and hype, but allways entertaining to read.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

so many people do not understand how wow tokens work zzzz

if somebody doesn't know something they act like their "feelings" about it are an accurate source of information

people use to ask questions and do research before replying but not these days i don't like the direction society is heading

if most of these players were playing Classic they would know how hard it is to farm in Classic when competing with other players for the same resources but when gold farmers and bots start showing up the game becomes very frustrating ontop of being hard and that hurts gameplay

if the population of Classic remains stable the gold farmers are going to come

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Classic's main audience are the people who dont like the COMPLEX retail game. Keep that in mind in every discussion in the sub-forum. This is more about feelcraft, game world immersion and hype, but allways entertaining to read.
    it being COMPLEX is not the problem i don't like how retail WoW kind of pressures you into doing content for example titanforge chance

you will find stupid players in both versions =P

i have the loot from this raid i would like to now relax and maybe play a alt but nope i am pressured into farming for AP on the same character or keep doing content i no longer need for the small chance of titanforge

It doesn't matter who farmed the gold. WoW token essentially gives lazy people option to skip hours and hours worth of gameplay with real money. While it might be okay in BfA, gold is far more valuable and harder to come by in vanilla.

Multiple ways to block gold spammers as others have mentioned: interface options and addons. Played Classic since launch and I've seen only ONE channel invite from a goldseller and after that I blocked channel invites. BadBoy addon takes care of the rest.

Subfee is there to put everyone on the same line and you shouldn't be able to spend any real money to gain gameplay advantage over others. If someone buys china gold, well they are a dumbass and there is a very high chance to get banned so good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    gold is far more valuable and harder to come by in vanilla.
    its really not, in retail you have so many mounts that cost between 10k and 5 million gold. the auction house bronto, costs 5 mil.
    the biggest gold sink in classic is the epic mount it costs maybe 1000g. thats it, once you have that mount what other gold sinks are there? you can buy boes for alts, crafting mats, but thats really it. there are no other expensive mounts or significant gold sinks in the game.

the problem with the game just randomly getting wow tokens, ppl will feel compelled to grind gold, you will create an item that can be a gold sink, the tokens, assuming ppl actually decide to sell a token for a few thousand gold over 200+ thousand gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the biggest gold sink in classic is the epic mount it costs maybe 1000g. thats it, once you have that mount what other gold sinks are there? you can buy boes for alts, crafting mats, but thats really it. there are no other expensive mounts or significant gold sinks in the game.
    There are lots of gold sinks in vanilla. For example raiding requires good amount of gold all the time: repair, consumables, flasks, enchants etc. Also respec takes a lot of gold too if you want to change talents often for example PvPing between raid nights.

There are no daily quests to grab for a quick and easy gold so even the smallest gold sinks matter. And as you mentioned crafting mats take gold too because the resources are not shared and everyone is fighting for same herbs with black lotus having an hour long CD for spawn.

Gold sellers will be a problem no matter what you do but adding in an official blizzard stamped RMT to fight it in a game mode that tries to be authentic to the time is just pure stupidity and sounds like a cry to "i don't know how to make gold, i want mount now, give what i want or i unsub"

I'm aware they add 0 gold to the economy, but they cause some inflation. Simply because gold is more likely to be spent by someone who is willing to fork out cash for gold (usually onsomething specific) than it is on someone who's just been having it accumulate in their bags enough to they can sell a few tokens comfortably.

Though the main reason I don't think it would be a good change is that gold actually matters in Classic, especially early on. Having to choose between skills, buying an upgrade, or saving for your level 40 mount is a key part of vanilla. Grinding out the 900g for the epic mount was a blast as well, and I felt pretty happy about finally getting that 100% mount speed.

Add tokens and you're taking away that entire part of the experience. Some of the best gear is also boe/crafted so you'd be potentially trivializing the gear up process as well.

This is just me personally, but farming gold and gearing up (outside of raids) has by far been the most entertaining part of this game. Tokens would take that away from people.

I don't think it would destroy the game or anything, but it definitely doesn't fit with classic.
    Youtube Channel Twitch Stream
    Main Mage
    No Big Deal - Stormrage - 7/7 Mythic EN - 2/3 Mythic (Pre nerf) ToV 4/10M Nighthold 2 day/week raiding guild - No Longer Raiding (RIP)