Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down So Blizzard needs whole expansion to "fix things" ??

I don't know about the lot of you, but I came back to following this game's news a couple of weeks ago, expecting big revelations at Blizzcon, maybe even something that would entice me to play once more.

And what I got was Shadowlands.

From what I could gather, people parade this future "expansion" as the one to finally fix all things. Some people even appear happy (damn, I wish my clients were so complacent about lazy products).

I just wanted to ask, are we really in a place now when we are happy about company fixing its own mistakes it was supposed (and had the chance, let's be honest, it's been 15 friggin years) to fix long ago? And that we pay a price for a full expansion for that "fix"?

Standards have dropped so much. People are desperate for the game to just be good again, and willing to pay $40 for that, even if it means a lack of new features.

I think the changes they're making are good, and definitely getting the game in the right direction. But "fixing" the game as a primary feature of an expansion is not terribly exciting in and of itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love threads like this when we didnt have had the indepths panel yet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up losers, and be happy that Blizzard is trying to entertain you.

I remember that few months ago Ion Hazikostas said they learned from mistakes and they wont introduce expansion specific features, that won't play any role in next one (garrisons, artifact weapons, heart of azeroth, azerite gear etc), and what they did in Shadowlands? - another one of those - covenants.
    Last edited by Grimma82; 2019-11-02 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Indepths of what? Of four zones they'd better make at least mildly entertaining? Indepths of two abilities I am going to get? Indepths of some straight forward entry-tier raid, with nice design, but that's about it? Maybe indepths of how they steamrolled over lore again?

Seriously, do you buy a product that looks like garbage just to make completely sure if it's garbage or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Shadowlands is designed for the players that stayed through BFA...
    No need to "fix" things when the only ones that are left are the ones that have shown the developers that they don't mind the things that are broken.
    As long as there's a cosmetic reward at the end, you can throw together whatever and call it a day.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Indepths of what? Of four zones they'd better make at least mildly entertaining? Indepths of two abilities I am going to get? Indepths of some straight forward entry-tier raid, with nice design, but that's about it? Maybe indepths of how they steamrolled over lore again?

Seriously, do you buy a product that looks like garbage just to make completely sure if it's garbage or not?
    Steamrolled over what lore? WC3? That shit hasn't been relevant since 2009

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the alternative?

Of four zones
    Six.

No, but this is subjective when it comes to entertainment products.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2019-11-02 at 06:47 PM.

It sounds to me that standards have dropped down considerably. We used to have proper expansions that brought us a lot of new content, better class designs and solid storylines that isn’t just all fanservice and disjoined plot points. It just proves how bad BFA has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about the lot of you, but I came back to following this game's news a couple of weeks ago, expecting big revelations at Blizzcon, maybe even something that would entice me to play once more.

From what I could gather, people parade this future "expansion" as the one to finally fix all things. Some people even appear happy (damn, I wish my clients were so complacent about lazy products).

I just wanted to ask, are we really in a place now when we are happy about company fixing its own mistakes it was supposed (and had the chance, let's be honest, it's been 15 friggin years) to fix long ago? And that we pay a price for a full expansion for that "fix"?
    Would have taken you less time to just post this:

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Why is it you people constantly think in-depth panels are magically going to spring a whole new batch of features? They've showed us the most important things in the opening since those are the selling points of the expansion.

I agree with the OP. it makes no sense that they need a whole new expansion to "fix" so many stupid mistales. Could easily have been done in a patch.
    Is it good that they are "fixing" the flaws in the game? yes of course it is, no one is saying it's a bad thing. But it's ridicules to defend them for using an expansion as the excuse.

Wow , we should be happy we are getting patch fixes sold as expansion new features ,
    Remember when in legion they fixed legendaries and made us buy them in last patch ?
    Now they are telling us we are returning to legendaries and you will be able to make them ! WE fixed it for guys! /s

This is like thinking Legion assults and Old god assults in 8.3 are different features

Whoa guys , let me predict one of the features for the expansion patches
    In 9.1/9.2 , The scourage forces(legion forces) are gonna attack your covenant zone(any zone) , Fend them off!
    New feature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
    Why is it you people constantly think in-depth panels are magically going to spring a whole new batch of features? They've showed us the most important things in the opening since those are the selling points of the expansion.

I agree with the OP. it makes no sense that they need a whole new expansion to "fix" so many stupid mistales. Could easily have been done in a patch.
    Is it good that they are "fixing" the flaws in the game? yes of course it is, no one is saying it's a bad thing. But it's ridicules to defend them for using an expansion as the excuse.
    The same people who is telling us , wait for panel , is the ones who expected a new class in yesterday panel...

I think we should be grateful if they dont cut the promised content

Honestly, this is the only time that ive been disappointed by an expansion announcement. It might be fun, but the hype really isnt there because there doesnt seem to be any big new features to be hyped about.

dunno about you, i pay for new zones, quests, dungeons, raids, gear, you know, content
    fixing some of their mistakes (and no, they didnt gave 15 years to fix them as some are just from legion or bfa) is just icing on the cake that didnt NEED to be there, so we are glad it in fact is there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
    And "you" people keep yellin that everythin is a filler expansion or it lacks content without even knowin the details.

Oh look we both can play this game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, you don't pay for fixes, you pay 2 years worth of content. What did you expect out of a wow expansion ? That it turned into a first person shooter ? That they released 8 new classes and that we could all build massive castles that actually appeared in-game ? Or what did you expect exactly ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Shut up losers, and be happy that Blizzard is trying to entertain you.
    So I have this carnival ride I deign to sell you, it's not a good ride, but you're going to buy it because I own the carnival so you should be thankful it exists. Now hand me your money, loser.

10+ Year Old Account

You do know they reduced the price on the expansion back to $40 right? It's not $50 like it was prior.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.