Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    My suggestion for flying is essentially the current pathfinder without the pointless time gate. Once I've done the quests in all the zones, and seen all the new content on foot, why do I need to run around for another year before I can fly.

    I really don't get peoples hate of flying. But here we are, it's been said a million times bit I'll say it again, if you don't want flying, don't fly. Stop being the vegans of Warcraft. If you don't want it, that's fine, just don't try to force your wants on everyone else.
    I think the time gate is good. If you hit max level and can fly right away is stupid. Same goes for your alts. You will burn thru content that way. Instead of enjoying it. And its not time gated that much. They say in patch x or y. after getting achievement x or y you can get flying . your speed of getting it is all up to you.

    Why people hate flying?!?! People hate the cry baby stuff about flying. We see that you guys want to fly because of a reason. But you do not listen to ours and the devs reason. The fact that will waste to much time of making stuff people just fly past. The fact it will increase the speed of the game. Ergo they need put out even more content etc etc. And then people whine...there is to much to do. No time to get x or y done.

    And shame on you calling us vegans. I could turn it around. If you want to fly. go and use flypoints and walk up mountians and use slow fall etc. You guys are forcing ....we want to fly un us and the devs!!!!!
    And most of us are NOT against flying. we just think getting it for free, real fast after max level is stupid and ruins the game.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  2. #142
    Better gameplay, fresh content, and less RNG crap on gear.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    I think the time gate is good. If you hit max level and can fly right away is stupid. Same goes for your alts. You will burn thru content that way. Instead of enjoying it. And its not time gated that much. They say in patch x or y. after getting achievement x or y you can get flying . your speed of getting it is all up to you.

    Why people hate flying?!?! People hate the cry baby stuff about flying. We see that you guys want to fly because of a reason. But you do not listen to ours and the devs reason. The fact that will waste to much time of making stuff people just fly past. The fact it will increase the speed of the game. Ergo they need put out even more content etc etc. And then people whine...there is to much to do. No time to get x or y done.

    And shame on you calling us vegans. I could turn it around. If you want to fly. go and use flypoints and walk up mountians and use slow fall etc. You guys are forcing ....we want to fly un us and the devs!!!!!
    And most of us are NOT against flying. we just think getting it for free, real fast after max level is stupid and ruins the game.
    Again, if I've already done it on one toon, who or what is it hurting if I fly on alts. And yes, you are vegans, and you analogy is terrible. I've never seen anyone come up with a logical explanation for no flying, going through content on alts too fast isn't a valid reason. If YOU don't want to fly, DON'T, stop trying to force your ways onto everyone else.

    [Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

    1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Again, if I've already done it on one toon, who or what is it hurting if I fly on alts. And yes, you are vegans, and you analogy is terrible. I've never seen anyone come up with a logical explanation for no flying, going through content on alts too fast isn't a valid reason. If YOU don't want to fly, DON'T, stop trying to force your ways onto everyone else.
    Again, you do not need to force flying on the rest of us, For reasons i have given them. You ignoring them is not me not typing them. And i ( and others like me) are not against flying. We are against flying to soon in a expansion. And funny, you say do not force walking on us. But you force flying and being ganked more easy in pvp because of that. Or loose mobs etc because that on us. So to make it clear.

    Reasons:

    time/money blizz:
    It would take them to much time to make content for flying and walking people. And the story they want to tell seems to take place on the ground

    To fast content burn: Flying takes way less time. It will make us burn thru content way to fast. Then people will wine: there is not enough content. Also it takes away parts of the story. Because you pass a lot of good story. And i know that people want to level fast....by a freaking level boost then. And again, this will cost to much time and money on blizz ends for wasted content. Think of it like this. If you spend hours upon hours creating quests, area's etc and people just fly over it. It is wasted time they could have spent on something else. But if they do not put anything there. people will cry about lack of content.

    To fast leveling: Leveling speed is just fine. Take timewarp dungeon quests...they are freaking amazing. And even faster leveling....is not needed.

    To easy: Why give it so cheap/for free. Why not give us end game gear free 2? and all the rest. part of the game/a rpg ( it really is not a rpg anymore) is building up something. learning and work for it.

    Ruins the game for others: Lets say you do not power level because of time/work etc. You level normal and not dinged yet. You farm something or a mob. But eachtime people dive bomb stuff because they fly. And you need to wait for a respawn/miss out of it. Or play pvp leveling and get ganked to easy like this. Making it a patch or 2 later. Gives you enough time to get to the max level.


    Let me be clear:
    I do not hate flying. I think for old expansions flying should be on.

    For current expansions flying should happen like it does now. A achievement or 2. That you can get on your own time table. So lets say after the first raid. Maybe the first or second content patch. Right now it is the second one. And i do not know for sure if that is the right move.

    And once you do your achievement all your alts already get flying!??!?! so i do not know what this is about?
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Again, you do not need to force flying on the rest of us, For reasons i have given them. You ignoring them is not me not typing them. And i ( and others like me) are not against flying. We are against flying to soon in a expansion. And funny, you say do not force walking on us. But you force flying and being ganked more easy in pvp because of that. Or loose mobs etc because that on us. So to make it clear.

    Reasons:

    time/money blizz:
    It would take them to much time to make content for flying and walking people. And the story they want to tell seems to take place on the ground

    To fast content burn: Flying takes way less time. It will make us burn thru content way to fast. Then people will wine: there is not enough content. Also it takes away parts of the story. Because you pass a lot of good story. And i know that people want to level fast....by a freaking level boost then. And again, this will cost to much time and money on blizz ends for wasted content. Think of it like this. If you spend hours upon hours creating quests, area's etc and people just fly over it. It is wasted time they could have spent on something else. But if they do not put anything there. people will cry about lack of content.

    To fast leveling: Leveling speed is just fine. Take timewarp dungeon quests...they are freaking amazing. And even faster leveling....is not needed.

    To easy: Why give it so cheap/for free. Why not give us end game gear free 2? and all the rest. part of the game/a rpg ( it really is not a rpg anymore) is building up something. learning and work for it.

    Ruins the game for others: Lets say you do not power level because of time/work etc. You level normal and not dinged yet. You farm something or a mob. But eachtime people dive bomb stuff because they fly. And you need to wait for a respawn/miss out of it. Or play pvp leveling and get ganked to easy like this. Making it a patch or 2 later. Gives you enough time to get to the max level.


    Let me be clear:
    I do not hate flying. I think for old expansions flying should be on.

    For current expansions flying should happen like it does now. A achievement or 2. That you can get on your own time table. So lets say after the first raid. Maybe the first or second content patch. Right now it is the second one. And i do not know for sure if that is the right move.

    And once you do your achievement all your alts already get flying!??!?! so i do not know what this is about?
    Allowing flying isn't forcing you or anyone else to fly, it allows you to if you choose. Your reasons 1-4 make no sense at all, as you would need to have done all the content already to activate flying. As for your 5th reason... are you serious or just taking the piss? No one else should be allowed to fly because you can't be bothered or don't have the time to level as fast? Get out of here with that nonsense. To top it off, you essentially agree with me in the end, it's just the time frame we disagree on, yet you make a huge list of "reasons", none of which are valid.

    [Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

    1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

  6. #146
    Pandaren Monk Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,757
    I agree with pretty much everything OP said, especially the part about flying.

    I'm okay with timegating flight maybe a month or two after expansion's launch, but no longer than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Allowing flying isn't forcing you or anyone else to fly, it allows you to if you choose. Your reasons 1-4 make no sense at all, as you would need to have done all the content already to activate flying. As for your 5th reason... are you serious or just taking the piss? No one else should be allowed to fly because you can't be bothered or don't have the time to level as fast? Get out of here with that nonsense. To top it off, you essentially agree with me in the end, it's just the time frame we disagree on, yet you make a huge list of "reasons", none of which are valid.
    It is forcing us. Look at my reasons. If i get ganked by flying people, or lose out on stuff/farming because of it.
    But there is a difference between fast, real fast etc.

    My reasons are valid, and i said from the start ( if you where bothered to read it, clearly where not). That i think flying as is , is correct. Maybe a bit tweaking in the time frame. I just disagree with your statement that flying within days of a expansion launch is silly. And posted valid reasons for it.
    Hell blizzard even said, they are not against flying. But they do not want to waste that much time on content , when people fly over it.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    It is forcing us. Look at my reasons. If i get ganked by flying people, or lose out on stuff/farming because of it.
    But there is a difference between fast, real fast etc.

    My reasons are valid, and i said from the start ( if you where bothered to read it, clearly where not). That i think flying as is , is correct. Maybe a bit tweaking in the time frame. I just disagree with your statement that flying within days of a expansion launch is silly. And posted valid reasons for it.
    Hell blizzard even said, they are not against flying. But they do not want to waste that much time on content , when people fly over it.
    The thing is, your "reasons" could literally apply to the whole game. What if we used your logic to gate everything else? Gold earned/ raids released/ gear levels? And whose progression do we use to set the pace for everyone else? The guy who makes it to max level in 2 days, 6 months, or spends their time at the inn in goldshire having cyber sex with other weirdos? No matter where you set your limit, it's going to put someone at a disadvantage eventually, that's called life. If you left everything as it is now, still need the rep, all zones explored on foot, and all quests done, just removed the time limit, it would still take about 2 weeks to get flying. If you can't hit level cap in 2 weeks, too bad for you.

    [Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

    1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    The thing is, your "reasons" could literally apply to the whole game. What if we used your logic to gate everything else? Gold earned/ raids released/ gear levels? And whose progression do we use to set the pace for everyone else? The guy who makes it to max level in 2 days, 6 months, or spends their time at the inn in goldshire having cyber sex with other weirdos? No matter where you set your limit, it's going to put someone at a disadvantage eventually, that's called life. If you left everything as it is now, still need the rep, all zones explored on foot, and all quests done, just removed the time limit, it would still take about 2 weeks to get flying. If you can't hit level cap in 2 weeks, too bad for you.
    Yup, that is why i am not sayin no flying ever. That is why i am saying a x amount of time is good. You make it out like i never want flying . That is a false statement.
    And it is not like all other things ingame. Gold is a bad example.

    But yeah raids and gear is a good example. They release the raids. You can do it for a while to progress and kill. And after a time the curve achievement goes away. Or the mount goes away. They give you a timeframe to do it in. And in your case if we release all the raids at once. People will skip raid 2 and 3. and go from raid 1 to 4. Because they can skip it gear wise. Why should blizzard make raid 2 and 3 then if people are going to skip it????

    And yes someone will always think its to slow or fast ( like you). That is why the current system is fine. it gives the not crazy levelers/content users the time do it. While the slowpokes can do it later. And they have given us 2 achievements to get flying. once the second one hits. your way of thinking goes in.

    And again.....you can not say my reasons are flawed. They are the reasons why they do not give flying from the start.
    If you do not like it. stop playing the game.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  10. #150
    Sorry, but your reasons of "might get ganked" or "lose nodes to someone" are flawed. Those issues exist with or without flying. Ganking was far more prevalent back when all we had was ground mounts and as far as losing a node, nodes can now be tapped by multiple people.

    As far as the content running out to fast, I'll repeat myself again because you don't seem to grasp it. We would still have to do everything in pathfinder achievement: Level cap, zones fully explored on foot, exalted reputation, and a have completed the full story line of each questing zone, all while on the ground.

    Let's not pretend like blizzard are time gating flying for any reason other than making everything take longer to keep you subscribed for longer. Their reasons are purely profit based and to think anything else makes you delusional.

    Head over to the "Ask a dev" forum on here and quickly browse through it, more people care about flying than anything else, and spoiler alert, its not to keep the time gates.

    [Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

    1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •