Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    I am surprised there is no mention of the disgusting Hong Kong drama on MMOC. Feels like they are just turning a blind eye.
    Because Blizzard didn't actually do anything bad, and it's just a bunch of kids trying to throw a fit. Check GreenJesus' posts for examples.

    The herd loves to hate things occasionally. Now it's about pretending Blizzard did something.

  2. #42
    Saying politics and games aren't to be merged is a flawed and incorrect statement, games dwell on the politics of our world constantly, they're just much better at masking it to be in-line with the narrative.

    The boycott wasn't done because people give a rats ass about China and want to be offended, it's because Blizzard is endangering the right of Americans (free speech) and they are very protective of that.

    You can be insensitive to China's plight all you like, the fact is the predicament people are in a tiff about is a threat to American democracy. THAT is why people are asking about it. Because Blizzard is putting money in front of their country's values.

    Frankly I'm only endorsing the boycott because it's hilarious and Blizzard is digging itself into a corner through silence. In reality it's probably because they're talking about it and how to approach it, rather than speaking out of turn.

    In mythology their twiddling their thumbs ignoring it- but there's too much at stake for them financially to flat-out ignore it. Their stocks have already dropped a shit-ton.

    My advice is don't look for people here, generally people on MMO-champion want to just talk about the developments surround MMO's, not political backlash on Blizzard's behalf.

    Also 90% of the userbase on this site is arrogant and toxic as hell, anyway- you'd find less aggressive company among sharks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because Blizzard didn't actually do anything bad, and it's just a bunch of kids trying to throw a fit. Check GreenJesus' posts for examples.

    The herd loves to hate things occasionally. Now it's about pretending Blizzard did something.
    Perfect example, this clown wouldn't know a threat to his way of life if it punched him in the face.

    I live in Australia, so this doesn't even effect me- I'm also not deleting my account because haha dumb I can't pretend I'll not be sorry about that move. I figured it's best I lay the facts we do know out on the table in hopes- futile as they may be, that the anti-sjw NPC's stop being so predictable and actually learn something.

    I am neither an SJW or anti-SJW. Both groups are caught up in useless bullshit and falling straight for the distractions their goverments distract them with. Culture Wars are a shitshow developed to sell magazines and media. it benefits no one but the mainstream media and corporate hipster diarrhea articles masquerading as media.

    It's a discomforting age when big issues that threaten the values of an entire nation can be entirely dismissed with the blanketing misdirective statement of 'eh, it's just those sheeple wanting to be offended again'. It is definitely one caused by those sheeple, and by their opposing reaction. But now there's four factions, there's the pinheaded deaf to all anti-SJW boomers who can't just face the fact the world is changing. (The one who posted above) The extreme opposite who aren't sensitive but definitely try to sell that they are for the sake of attaining the superficial moral highground on a matter that doesn't even effect them. There's the ignorant bliss dwellers who'd rather just let the government strip away their rights than discuss politics. Then there's the poor saps caught in the middle of it all.
    Last edited by Biz; 2019-10-10 at 08:50 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    I am surprised there is no mention of the disgusting Hong Kong drama on MMOC. Feels like they are just turning a blind eye.
    all the drama happened in heartstone and with blizzard taiwan. This site is about wow and not blizzard nor hearstone. Thats why. Wow has nothing to do with this

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    all the drama happened in heartstone and with blizzard taiwan. This site is about wow and not blizzard nor hearstone. Thats why. Wow has nothing to do with this
    Firstly, Taiwan is not allied with China and this went down in Hong Kong so I doubt Blizzard Taiwan is remotely involved.

    Second, Blizzard is responsible for the actions of its employees, no matter how distant.

    Your post is one big hypocrisy.
    This site is about wow and not blizzard nor hearstone.
    Sure it's about a game made by Blizzard but isn't about Blizzard.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because Blizzard didn't actually do anything bad, and it's just a bunch of kids trying to throw a fit. Check GreenJesus' posts for examples.

    The herd loves to hate things occasionally. Now it's about pretending Blizzard did something.

    If you don’t care or care to understand their point that’s fine but don’t act like it’s just a “bunch of kids trying to throw a fit”. That’s just disrespectful to them.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Saying politics and games aren't to be merged is a flawed and incorrect statement, games dwell on the politics of our world constantly, they're just much better at masking it to be in-line with the narrative.

    The boycott wasn't done because people give a rats ass about China and want to be offended, it's because Blizzard is endangering the right of Americans (free speech) and they are very protective of that.

    You can be insensitive to China's plight all you like, the fact is the predicament people are in a tiff about is a threat to American democracy. THAT is why people are asking about it. Because Blizzard is putting money in front of their country's values.

    Frankly I'm only endorsing the boycott because it's hilarious and Blizzard is digging itself into a corner through silence. In reality it's probably because they're talking about it and how to approach it, rather than speaking out of turn.

    In mythology their twiddling their thumbs ignoring it- but there's too much at stake for them financially to flat-out ignore it. Their stocks have already dropped a shit-ton.

    My advice is don't look for people here, generally people on MMO-champion want to just talk about the developments surround MMO's, not political backlash on Blizzard's behalf.

    Also 90% of the userbase on this site is arrogant and toxic as hell, anyway- you'd find less aggressive company among sharks.

    Perfect example, this clown wouldn't know a threat to his way of life if it punched him in the face.

    I live in Australia, so this doesn't even effect me- I'm also not deleting my account because haha dumb I can't pretend I'll not be sorry about that move. I figured it's best I lay the facts we do know out on the table in hopes- futile as they may be, that the anti-sjw NPC's stop being so predictable and actually learn something.

    I am neither an SJW or anti-SJW. Both groups are caught up in useless bullshit and falling straight for the distractions their goverments distract them with. Culture Wars are a shitshow developed to sell magazines and media. it benefits no one but the mainstream media and corporate hipster diarrhea articles masquerading as media.

    It's a discomforting age when big issues that threaten the values of an entire nation can be entirely dismissed with the blanketing misdirective statement of 'eh, it's just those sheeple wanting to be offended again'. It is definitely one caused by those sheeple, and by their opposing reaction. But now there's four factions, there's the pinheaded deaf to all anti-SJW boomers who can't just face the fact the world is changing. (The one who posted above) The extreme opposite who aren't sensitive but definitely try to sell that they are for the sake of attaining the superficial moral highground on a matter that doesn't even effect them. There's the ignorant bliss dwellers who'd rather just let the government strip away their rights than discuss politics. Then there's the poor saps caught in the middle of it all.
    And here we have a clown who doesn't seem to know what free speech is. Write the N word 1000 times here on the forums - you won't be banned because you have free speech, right?

    Fucking kids.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    If you don’t care or care to understand their point that’s fine but don’t act like it’s just a “bunch of kids trying to throw a fit”. That’s just disrespectful to them.
    And it's not disrespectful to claim a company bent their knee to China when in fact there was a private agreement that was breached?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Firstly, Taiwan is not allied with China and this went down in Hong Kong so I doubt Blizzard Taiwan is remotely involved.

    Second, Blizzard is responsible for the actions of its employees, no matter how distant.

    Your post is one big hypocrisy. Sure it's about a game made by Blizzard but isn't about Blizzard.
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3792820
    Blizzard Taiwan bans Hearthstone player, revokes prize money, fires 2 casters for pro-Hong Kong speech

    why should wow developers be under fire for something they have nothing to do with ? Go after the blizzard taiwan branch and the higher ups in blizzard. Not lower down devs, janitors or fansites. Making drama on a website like this, which again has no say in what blizzard does and is not a property of blizzard, won't do anything. There are proper channels for this. This site is not it

  8. #48
    The /Bounce Emote Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Bounce Dimension
    Posts
    4,538
    That makes great sense, much appreciated!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Saying politics and games aren't to be merged is a flawed and incorrect statement, games dwell on the politics of our world constantly, they're just much better at masking it to be in-line with the narrative.

    The boycott wasn't done because people give a rats ass about China and want to be offended, it's because Blizzard is endangering the right of Americans (free speech) and they are very protective of that.

    You can be insensitive to China's plight all you like, the fact is the predicament people are in a tiff about is a threat to American democracy. THAT is why people are asking about it. Because Blizzard is putting money in front of their country's values.

    Frankly I'm only endorsing the boycott because it's hilarious and Blizzard is digging itself into a corner through silence. In reality it's probably because they're talking about it and how to approach it, rather than speaking out of turn.

    In mythology their twiddling their thumbs ignoring it- but there's too much at stake for them financially to flat-out ignore it. Their stocks have already dropped a shit-ton.

    My advice is don't look for people here, generally people on MMO-champion want to just talk about the developments surround MMO's, not political backlash on Blizzard's behalf.

    Also 90% of the userbase on this site is arrogant and toxic as hell, anyway- you'd find less aggressive company among sharks.

    Perfect example, this clown wouldn't know a threat to his way of life if it punched him in the face.

    I live in Australia, so this doesn't even effect me- I'm also not deleting my account because haha dumb I can't pretend I'll not be sorry about that move. I figured it's best I lay the facts we do know out on the table in hopes- futile as they may be, that the anti-sjw NPC's stop being so predictable and actually learn something.

    I am neither an SJW or anti-SJW. Both groups are caught up in useless bullshit and falling straight for the distractions their goverments distract them with. Culture Wars are a shitshow developed to sell magazines and media. it benefits no one but the mainstream media and corporate hipster diarrhea articles masquerading as media.

    It's a discomforting age when big issues that threaten the values of an entire nation can be entirely dismissed with the blanketing misdirective statement of 'eh, it's just those sheeple wanting to be offended again'. It is definitely one caused by those sheeple, and by their opposing reaction. But now there's four factions, there's the pinheaded deaf to all anti-SJW boomers who can't just face the fact the world is changing. (The one who posted above) The extreme opposite who aren't sensitive but definitely try to sell that they are for the sake of attaining the superficial moral highground on a matter that doesn't even effect them. There's the ignorant bliss dwellers who'd rather just let the government strip away their rights than discuss politics. Then there's the poor saps caught in the middle of it all.
    Im sorry dude buy you are so wrong that is just sad. Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can say and do whatever you want on a PRIVITE EVENT.

  10. #50
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    136
    if he wanted to say things he should have done it on it own youtube channel, doing this in a event is a instant ban no matter where you are.

    you are huring the company, basicly saying china sucks so it could hurt the income of the company therefore they are in full right to ban you, imagine your working in a company that is partly owned by china and you go to to a staff meeting and you scream save hong kong, you would be taken to the officed and sacked no matter what you would argue about freedom of speech.

    seeying there is a patch 8.3.5 im wodering, I think 8.3 will launch in januar and 8.3.5 summer 2020 this means next expansion 2021
    my bet is everyone at blizzard are working on diablo 4 and it's the high priority for next year because of the shitshow last year therefore next expansion for wow is in 2021.

    for that fart about diablo mobile they will possible release it after blizzcon after they announced diablo 4 and got everyone hyped so people would accept diablo on mobile and not be angry about it and more likely to play it on mobile while they are waiting on diablo 4.

    as for hong kong no one in the world agrees with what china is doing there, but dont get company's involved in your thoughs and what you say publicly, you have youtube and even twitch and alot of social media to say what you want to say, guy should just have kept his mouth shut and just posted his support on youtube or whatever because sure people would have looked him up after the event and he could have gotten his message out there.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Also 90% of the userbase on this site is arrogant and toxic as hell, anyway- you'd find less aggressive company among sharks.
    And here we have a clown who doesn't seem to know what free speech is. Write the N word 1000 times here on the forums - you won't be banned because you have free speech, right?

    Fucking kids.

    Lmao. Didn't take long for you to get a toxic response, did it, Biz? You can't throw a stone in this place without hitting someone who views you as less than mud.

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    I'm surprised nobody talks about the situation in Yemen, what about Irak? Nothing either. Oh, and what's going on with Sudan? Why nobody talks about them too?

    Stop thinking first world problems must be more important than other's. I do hate people like you who come and start giving moral lessons to others because OH! NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE POOR CITY OF HONG KONG!

    Pipe down, thanks.
    Probably because, unlike Yemen and Iraq, China is a massive dystopian superpower with ever-increasing influence. When was the last time you heard of companies like Disney, the NBA, Apple, or Blizzard change the way they do things for Yemen?

    When there is a fire in the fireplace, it isn't news. When there is a fire in the kitchen, people notice.

  13. #53
    Reading this makes me want To be less human..

  14. #54
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm an american citizen. This is personal because blizzard is an american company and they think China market is more important than the US and our rights and values. No one fucks with Americans freedoms. The middle east knows that well now. You bombed our building? We bomb the fuck out of you.
    They banned the dude because he broke the rules. Bar none. End thread. Rules he signed a contract NOT to break. If you expect a multi-billion dollar company not to cater to the majority of their market (the mobile games market overseas in China is a MASSIVE industry, MUCH larger than it's expected to be here), coupled with the fact that a.) the majority, we're talking over 80% of their market value in China is owned by TENCENT, who ALSO owns 10% of the stocks of the company here stateside, b.) you're asking them to take a political stance they SPECIFICALLY put in a contract, signed by those who agree to participate in the tournaments and streams, NOT to have to take, and then complaining because they punished someone who signed that contract and then broke the rules. The guy is lucky he got his prize money reinstated and his ban lessened. Seen people in Trade chat get much worse for TOS violations.

    He broke the rules he signed, and he was punished. Whether or not Blizz enforces them all the time or not, that's their prerogative. You take that risk when you participate in their games. What's happening in HK is a horrible thing and I really hope Chinese people wake up and revolt against these people, but he picked the wrong platform to protest on. He knew that, and the fact other people are getting upset about it when he knew what he was doing, is ridiculous.

    Most of the people getting up in arms about it are Armchair Activists that had absolutely nothing to say to the contrary until all of this came out. This whole fiasco has been going on for months, and not a word was mumured outside of in passing until all this happened. Proof that gamers are a passionate people, but ultimately for the wrong reasons.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lmao. Didn't take long for you to get a toxic response, did it, Biz? You can't throw a stone in this place without hitting someone who views you as less than mud.
    Yeah but fortunately for me, their opinion of me doesn't matter. Their opinions in general don't. They are graciously proving my point, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •