Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,249
    I feel like they should've focused on more diversity in mechanization and the extent. That's the entire appeal, so having about so few options that only really vary in mecha-ears/size kinda sucks. They could've really ran wild with it.

    The hairstyles are fun, but mostly for the females.

    I don't dislike them, but I feel like they could've done more creatively. At the same time, many allied races have limited customization so it's somewhat expect.
    ☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾◎☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What the? Self-centered much? I don't care for your atention. You just purposidly attacked me over my opinion after i expressely said it's my opinion. You are not entited to it nor where i post. That is all. I don't want any part of the soap opera in your head. I wasn't even reading this thread anymore until you decided to reply to my post more than a day after i posted it. I assumed it was to bump your thread.
    No idea, but leave me out of whatever you are doing here and i will do the same.
    Alright, so I mixed up some posts. I don't know how, maybe I've just had too long a day. So I apologize for that. So let me respond to you directly in the way I would have, had I realized in the first place:

    You like snake people. I get it. I don't care. What I did respond to was the fact that "going ballistic because you disagree" isn't the issue. I was mildly irritated because people kept bringing up other races, like mechagnomes replaced them. Sethrak were never, ever going to be playable, and not everyone would be happy with them. I think they are okay, but they aren't something I specifically want.

    You were attacking me because you think I am going to go ballistic just because I disagree. That's pure bullshit and you know it. I like having discussions, what I don't like is having my thread constantly derailed cause "omg I didn't get the race I wanted" over and over and over. Get over it. Maybe you'll have better luck next time (probably not, but that's not my fault).

    I do respect why you dislike them, and I get that... somewhat. I mean it's a twisted way to look at it but I can see why you would (and this is not meant rudely at you, I'm serious here). Most people are just looking at them as weird gnomes with weird prosthetic robot parts that look kind of weird, not "mutilated children".

    As for using your post to bump my thread, let me assure you that when I responded to you originally, for the record, I was looking at various other replies and catching up after having got off for a while IIRC. I haven't intentionally "bumped" this thread, I've only responded to other posts. If people lost interest in this thread I wouldn't dig up crap just to bump it, I'd let it die.

    I just saw your post, and since I've seen "I hate mechagnomes, we should have had [this other race]" so many times that I'm bored of replying to it. I almost didn't reply at all. Frankly, I wish I hadn't, because it added nothing to the thread and didn't prevent anyone else from doing it. Why would it, when most of them just want a place to talk about how unhappy they are they didn't get "x" race.

    I mean, if you hate mechagnomes and don't have an opinion on their customization, then why post here in the first place? I'm sure there are plenty of mechagnome hate threads floating around, and if there aren't feel free to make another. The official forums would eat that crap right up regardless. At least the posts saying "I think they should have been fully mechanized" are saying something they feel about it that could be changed, even when they suggest a different race that wanted more, not "I hate them no matter what, I wanted [race] instead".

    PS: Don't worry about replying to this, because I'm not going to spend any more time on your post. I've spent too much as it is. I just wanted to clear things up and apologize for the misunderstanding. Have a good one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I feel like they should've focused on more diversity in mechanization and the extent. That's the entire appeal, so having about so few options that only really vary in mecha-ears/size kinda sucks. They could've really ran wild with it.

    The hairstyles are fun, but mostly for the females.

    I don't dislike them, but I feel like they could've done more creatively. At the same time, many allied races have limited customization so it's somewhat expect.
    You know, that's a good point. The customization is a bit boring. For using mechanization to enhance themselves and all the little things they mention, they all have basically the same set up. I guess Blizzard is limited in what they could realistically do, but they could have done a bit more than they have.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-14 at 03:20 AM.

  3. #83
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I think the ptr is on it's first freaking build and NOTHING is final.

    Ffs guys you really think no gloves, feet, legs for mechagnomes will slide? Use your common sense.

    Give them time. Im sure they'll come up with something thatll work similar to all the gear looks lots of races have, broken forsaken gear for example.

    Mechagnomes are sick, let blizzard have time to polish them out before you cry about "how stupid they are".

    I swear most of the people hating on them are just salty their idiotic helf fantasies got crapped on again.
    Every fucking thread.

  4. #84
    I am Murloc! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,046
    Doesn't bother me as long as this is a sign of possible playable Naga with transmog restrictions and less prerequisites.

  5. #85
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,191
    Trash. Apropos to the race being Trash Gnomes. Horde definitely got the better AR this time, it’s not even close.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  6. #86
    Elemental Lord Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    8,199
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You might be the first person I've seen totally happy with them. More power to you! That said, I think that adding more colors is critical since it is going to clash with armor that doesn't match. And armor comes in many more colors than the metal schemes they have going on.

    Honestly I am a little disappointed by the heritage armor, it's defined by the weird oversized belt, and beneath it, it is kind of bland. The helm is okay, and I like the shoulders, but a lot of it feels like it could have been better. But it's all good. The heritage armor does work really well with the race, whereas a lot of armor does not, so I can see a lot of people using it. One major complaint I do have about the armor, is that if players can only have 3 prosthetic color schemes, the heritage armor should really be designed to match all of them, as well. It's only fair, IMHO.
    I absolutely agree that we should get different colors for their armor, to match the 3 possible colors of their metal parts. A silver set of their armor is already in the game, on the hostile mechagnomes we fight, so there's that!

    But yes, otherwise, I am quite happy with them and many of my friends are as well - a bunch of us met up on the PTR and made different mechagnome toons, and we had a blast cycling through their emotes and jokes and such. We wanted to run a raid, but there weren't any instance servers when we tried.

    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-14 at 04:38 AM.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

    Obsession is bad, kids!

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Missed this earlier. I mean I'd like children of Cenarius as playable (couldn't care less about Centaur, but maybe they have appeal to others), but unlike Naga, their mount issues just can't be fixed. It would be like that deer stacking glitch with druids, lol.

    They can't be their own mount either, since they can't fly. Were it not for that, they could maybe get away with running wild style replacement, but it would be a feel-bad race in that they can't take part in mounts. Doesn't make me not wish there was a solution, but I can't see it happening in their case; it's just too extreme.
    I mean the idea would be, they don't use mounts at all. They have a cast time ability that works like running wild and they can get a tiny quest from Cenarius at lvl 60 that let's them fly and leave a small trail of petals behind them like the dozens of horses with no wings that fly already in this game.
    Ultimately once a game stops trying to have a small number of races but broadens up, it makes sense to actually have a few races with more severe cosmetic restrictions.

  8. #88
    It's lacking greatly...

    I don't get it. They keep whining about how its easier to make allied races for the Horde, yet they came up with (asspull) Vulpera out of nowhere. They can do the same for Alliance, but don't seem to do it...

    I love Lightforged Draenei, but they are also very lazy... More could've been added.
    But yeah, the same can be said for Highmountain.

    I just hope for them to tweek the Mechagnomes a bit more. Right now it's not enough for me personally.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    It's lacking greatly...

    I don't get it. They keep whining about how its easier to make allied races for the Horde, yet they came up with (asspull) Vulpera out of nowhere. They can do the same for Alliance, but don't seem to do it...

    I love Lightforged Draenei, but they are also very lazy... More could've been added.
    But yeah, the same can be said for Highmountain.

    I just hope for them to tweek the Mechagnomes a bit more. Right now it's not enough for me personally.
    Honestly, I can make an exception for Lightforged. As can I for all the 7.3.5 races. They were the first baby steps in the system, testing the waters. The Nightborne are the most unique out of them.

    I can also excuse Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har, as those were clearly a filler race to close the gap a little between 8.0 and 8.1.5 (when we got Kul Tirans and Zandalari)

    But I really expected more from all post KT/Zandalari allied races. Vulpera live up to that, but Mechagnomes do not. Oh well.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, I can make an exception for Lightforged. As can I for all the 7.3.5 races. They were the first baby steps in the system, testing the waters. The Nightborne are the most unique out of them.

    I can also excuse Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har, as those were clearly a filler race to close the gap a little between 8.0 and 8.1.5 (when we got Kul Tirans and Zandalari)

    But I really expected more from all post KT/Zandalari allied races. Vulpera live up to that, but Mechagnomes do not. Oh well.
    Yeah totally agree.

    I just can't understand how they'd be okay with this.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah totally agree.

    I just can't understand how they'd be okay with this.
    As long as one person in the world likes a race, you are not allowed to say that you think it's a poorly conceived or (god forbid) bad race.

  12. #92
    Has it actually been confirmed that Mechagnomes are working as intended? There is just 0 reason for it, the limbs are "compatible" with gear and they specifically added all the "hide slot" transmog options for people who want to show off certain racial features. Maybe it's just a default override from the NPC race that they forgot to disable.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Every fucking thread.
    Their character select background looks like a random screenshot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed that Mechagnomes are working as intended? There is just 0 reason for it, the limbs are "compatible" with gear and they specifically added all the "hide slot" transmog options for people who want to show off certain racial features. Maybe it's just a default override from the NPC race that they forgot to disable.
    Why would it be different though? Without the ability to see the limbs would mean they are effectively the same as gnomes. There would almost be no difference. I am not sure why people expect that this wasnt intended. In fact many people pointed out that the gear visibility feature was a strong hint that mechagnomes were coming, as this was a prerequisite for them being viable.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed that Mechagnomes are working as intended? There is just 0 reason for it, the limbs are "compatible" with gear and they specifically added all the "hide slot" transmog options for people who want to show off certain racial features. Maybe it's just a default override from the NPC race that they forgot to disable.
    There are no geosets to make any old gear work in the database.
    At best, they might enable the ability for 3D gear pieces (from Legion raid-level gear and beyond) to show on the Mechagnomes, something that works in the WoWhead dressing room, but not ingame at the moment.

    But it'd still be sparse.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    Their character select background looks like a random screenshot.
    I disagree the background has more movement than anyother race with all the lights spinning around where as the Vulpera has absolutely no movement that I noticed on it other than the character themselves, it still doesnt mean ill touch it with a 60ft bargepole.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    As long as one person in the world likes a race, you are not allowed to say that you think it's a poorly conceived or (god forbid) bad race.
    Opinions are opinions.. I can think whatever I want. We all just need to remember that opinions =/= facts.

    So that's why these forums are great. We can discuss why one likes or dislikes something and try to look at someone else's perspective. :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •