Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's lacking greatly...

I don't get it. They keep whining about how its easier to make allied races for the Horde, yet they came up with (asspull) Vulpera out of nowhere. They can do the same for Alliance, but don't seem to do it...

I love Lightforged Draenei, but they are also very lazy... More could've been added.
    But yeah, the same can be said for Highmountain.

I just hope for them to tweek the Mechagnomes a bit more. Right now it's not enough for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    It's lacking greatly...

I don't get it. They keep whining about how its easier to make allied races for the Horde, yet they came up with (asspull) Vulpera out of nowhere. They can do the same for Alliance, but don't seem to do it...

I love Lightforged Draenei, but they are also very lazy... More could've been added.
    But yeah, the same can be said for Highmountain.

I just hope for them to tweek the Mechagnomes a bit more. Right now it's not enough for me personally.
    Honestly, I can make an exception for Lightforged. As can I for all the 7.3.5 races. They were the first baby steps in the system, testing the waters. The Nightborne are the most unique out of them.

I can also excuse Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har, as those were clearly a filler race to close the gap a little between 8.0 and 8.1.5 (when we got Kul Tirans and Zandalari)

But I really expected more from all post KT/Zandalari allied races. Vulpera live up to that, but Mechagnomes do not. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, I can make an exception for Lightforged. As can I for all the 7.3.5 races. They were the first baby steps in the system, testing the waters. The Nightborne are the most unique out of them.

I can also excuse Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har, as those were clearly a filler race to close the gap a little between 8.0 and 8.1.5 (when we got Kul Tirans and Zandalari)

But I really expected more from all post KT/Zandalari allied races. Vulpera live up to that, but Mechagnomes do not. Oh well.
    Yeah totally agree.

I just can't understand how they'd be okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah totally agree.

I just can't understand how they'd be okay with this.
    As long as one person in the world likes a race, you are not allowed to say that you think it's a poorly conceived or (god forbid) bad race.

Has it actually been confirmed that Mechagnomes are working as intended? There is just 0 reason for it, the limbs are "compatible" with gear and they specifically added all the "hide slot" transmog options for people who want to show off certain racial features. Maybe it's just a default override from the NPC race that they forgot to disable.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Every fucking thread.
    Their character select background looks like a random screenshot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed that Mechagnomes are working as intended? There is just 0 reason for it, the limbs are "compatible" with gear and they specifically added all the "hide slot" transmog options for people who want to show off certain racial features. Maybe it's just a default override from the NPC race that they forgot to disable.
    Why would it be different though? Without the ability to see the limbs would mean they are effectively the same as gnomes. There would almost be no difference. I am not sure why people expect that this wasnt intended. In fact many people pointed out that the gear visibility feature was a strong hint that mechagnomes were coming, as this was a prerequisite for them being viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    There are no geosets to make any old gear work in the database.
    At best, they might enable the ability for 3D gear pieces (from Legion raid-level gear and beyond) to show on the Mechagnomes, something that works in the WoWhead dressing room, but not ingame at the moment.

But it'd still be sparse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    As long as one person in the world likes a race, you are not allowed to say that you think it's a poorly conceived or (god forbid) bad race.
    Opinions are opinions.. I can think whatever I want. We all just need to remember that opinions =/= facts.

So that's why these forums are great. We can discuss why one likes or dislikes something and try to look at someone else's perspective. :-)