Thread: Faux Transmog

Faux Transmog

Since we’re back in a pre-transmog world, I put together a matching outfit using AH greens/blues for solo play. Anyone else doing this?

Now OBVIOUSLY I’m using my bis/pre bis in dungeons and raids even if it’s a hardcore clownsuit. I’m not gimping my stats and hurting my groups for the sake of vanity.

However when soloing I realized something; since Classic is frozen in time, if you know your class’s stats you can use a mixture of knowledge and AH hunting to put together a decently matching outfit without sacrificing much in the power department. Besides phases adding options, it’s not like BC is going to come out and make all your gear completely worthless. Now while in towns and soloing I look almost as good as my retail transmog, but in dungeons I wear the usual good but clowny gear. Having my cake and eating it too.

Has anyone else done this, or am I the only one vain enough to care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what many roleplayers used to do before transmog depending on class and if it fits with what they want.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I used to have a macro set up that changed me into my RP gear until I found an addon with the functionality (I think it was called Cloakroom) that would automatically switch when you entered a city.

City Set - always fantastic when a tank would pull and yell "ah shit.........city set" before imploding in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I used to have a macro set up that changed me into my RP gear until I found an addon with the functionality (I think it was called Cloakroom) that would automatically switch when you entered a city.
    I have Wardrobe installed which allows you to create a macro to change between gear sets. It's not the most sophisticated, and I haven't tested the macro functionality yet. Keep hoping that Outfitter will get updated.

I thought the difference with pure RP/Town gear was “if it looks good it looks good, stats be damned!”. What I was trying to do was make a viable set that still does respectable damage, like you could heal or damage a dungeon just fine in them but your gear wouldn’t be topping any bis lists.

As nice as that level 10 robe model is, I can’t just use gear in town only. It’s no fun if I can’t adventure in it.

As others have said there used to be an addon for managing outfits. I had a "town" outfit that would equip itself whenever I would go into a major city area.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles