Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They still come from the same culture, they rebelled very recently. Why would they of all people be stuff that they learned about just yesterday, when we have races that had decades of exposure and still haven't adopted?
    Does it matter now that they have the opportunity to learn those ways? I suppose blizz maybe wants them to remain sticks in the mud like all the other races that they don't allow class combos for
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Both alliance and horde have 3 druids (Night Elf, Worgen, Kul Tiran)(Tauren, Troll, Zandalari) so idk where this horde have more druids thing came from that was mentioned a few times in this thread.

Edit: I forgot Highmountain Im dumb disregard.
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2019-10-12 at 06:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnome Druid, literally just transformers.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Definitely. I agree with you there. There should be some restrictions to keep the fantasy in the game. I was speaking generally, as you stated, but for the most part...if something CAN happen, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Warriors and Hunters are the two classes that any race can be. From a logical standpoint, being strong/able to wield a weapon or hunting/having a companion, makes sense for anyone to be able to do. Much like the real world, we gain expertise of other things that don't come easy through teachings and reciprocation. In a fantasy world like WoW, I just don't see how teaching someone to interact with certain parts of the cosmos is a far fetched idea.

Like woah...you're a talking panda or fox...you can throw fireballs, but hold up!... Learning about the light and trying to tame the demon you're fighting is too much for you...

But for sure...there are some things that would just be awkward...like a goblin paladin or tauren rogue. If there were anything definitive that I would add though to the all race list, would be Death Knights and Monks. Being a monk is an IRL thing that can be taught...so every race in a fantasy game should be able to be a monk. DKs were just raised characters under the control of the lich king whom broke free of his will...so making all the other dying characters of any race to be raised as a free willed death knight should be allowed - which we might get according to the recent data mining
    D&D 3rd edition did it your way, back then, 20 years ago already. For the same reasons you describe, so yeah. (I did not like this part of this edition though.)

As how I see the light, it cannot be taught, you have it or you don't. BE paladins is thus so so to me (I talked about my despite of this combo earlier).

Anyway, WoW is a dream fuelled by magic where everything is possible, so it's you who is probably right.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2019-10-11 at 07:37 AM.

They're not the only allied race that brought nothing different from the main race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Both alliance and horde have 3 druids (Night Elf, Worgen, Kul Tiran)(Tauren, Troll, Zandalari) so idk where this horde have more druids thing came from that was mentioned a few times in this thread.
    You forgot High Mountain Tauren. Horde has 4 druid races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Both Vulpera and mechagnomes have weird class choices

Why are they warlocks?
    How is a mechagnome able to be a monk?
    What faith does a mechagnome have that allows him to become a priest?
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?

I realize I sound as a party pooper. But I think they should be more limited to what classes they can be:

Vulpera: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman
    Mechagnome: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage
    Mechagnomes (the ones we play as) are normal gnomes that chose to augment themselves. So they'd have any proficiency/capacity to learn that a standard gnome would have. And Erazmin has enough insight/theory about the light (talk to him as a paladin to see) that I can understand them being priests - hell, I thought his dialogue was possibly a hint at gnome paladins. Wishful thinking I guess!

As far as monks go, I assume they just learned about that upon joining up with alliance, or maybe they studied the horde/alliance monks fighting to help them take back the island. And I think the idea of a monk punching and kicking the shit out of you with metal fists/feet sounds pretty painful. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Mechagnome Druid, literally just transformers.
    I was hoping against hope for this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

First off, they don't have same classes as regular gnomes, as they can't be death knights.

Secondly, to me personally it sounds like a pretty big absurd to allow them be pala, sham, dru. A robotized creatute being affiliated with light(edit: scrap this one, they can be priests .. blizz logix), nature and shamanism. It just makes no sense. Like, imagine the Terminator from the movie, just running around slamming totems in the ground, throwing rejuvenations at people, and divine shield walks out of the lava as an after-credits plot twist.

I mean, I get that you want to play a certain class and race, but you're out of luck brother, as they don't comply with eachother. Then again, Blizzard are completely unable to surprise me with anything nowdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Mechagnome shamans would be ideal visually if not for the whole class fantasy of the class.

Shooting lightning out of their robotic fingertips seems just just the sort of thing a Mechagnome would do, sadly all the spiritual and elemental stuff makes it nonsensical for them.

to bad both new classes don't have druid option , shape shift in to a mechanical parrot

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Paladin would make sense honestly, have them serve MOTHER or some other Titan construct that shoots light-beams and acts all "holier-than-thou". Kinda like the Watcher in Nazmir.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Just a note on the Vulpera, right from the start of the questing experience in Voldun, if you hand the guy a staff he becomes a mage. They definitely have some magical affinity, they are intelligent, they have their own religion and , and they are certainly not especially concerned about where their power comes from. Mages, warlocks, and priests really aren't a stretch for them. I fully expect their intelligence and resourcefulness to be a basis for the to be allowed to be tinkers in the future.

Mechagnomes, on the other hand, I feel are a more concentrated version of the gnome fantasy. Rather than opening up new options (aside from perhaps mech druids or what have you), I'd expect their class options to be more limited. That said, the mech druid idea might be too much of a departure from the traditional druid themes, so perhaps only after some sort of prestige class update. I think that such an update could open up a lot of race/class combinations, not just for mechagnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Just a note on the Vulpera, right from the start of the questing experience in Voldun, if you hand the guy a staff he becomes a mage. They definitely have some magical affinity, they are intelligent, they have their own religion and , and they are certainly not especially concerned about where their power comes from. Mages, warlocks, and priests really aren't a stretch for them. I fully expect their intelligence and resourcefulness to be a basis for the to be allowed to be tinkers in the future.

Mechagnomes, on the other hand, I feel are a more concentrated version of the gnome fantasy. Rather than opening up new options (aside from perhaps mech druids or what have you), I'd expect their class options to be more limited. That said, the mech druid idea might be too much of a departure from the traditional druid themes, so perhaps only after some sort of prestige class update. I think that such an update could open up a lot of race/class combinations, not just for mechagnomes.
    Yeah I felt a bit of that as well, thinking that mechagnomes would sensibly have a smaller pool of classes. Didn't see them bothering with demons for example.

But I can't lie, I'd totally be on board with a D.R.U.I.D. class though that uses mechanical stuff to essentially emulate all the druid abilities. Bear mech, laser beams for moonkin stuff, etc.

Either way I'm having a lot of fun with them on the PTR. The new voiceovers are really good.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What we need is a damn tinker class.
    Wouldn't solve this particular issue, because your two options would be gnomes or gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Wouldn't solve this particular issue, because your two options would be gnomes or gnomes.
    Could definitely go farther than that. Dwarves of both varieties are pretty crafty and very into machines. The Forsaken know loads about chemicals and such, while the Mag'har also have their own sort of technology. All of that is proper technology, too. It's not magical at all, so I would think any of those races could be tinkers.

They should at least have shaman lr something.
    If the goblins can, so can the mechagnomes.

Im sure they could build something to make the elements obey them

Heck: Azerite-shaman

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Could definitely go farther than that. Dwarves of both varieties are pretty crafty and very into machines. The Forsaken know loads about chemicals and such, while the Mag'har also have their own sort of technology. All of that is proper technology, too. It's not magical at all, so I would think any of those races could be tinkers.
    It wasn't about tinker's available races, it was about mechagnome's available classes. Tinker won't help with them having identical classes to gnomes, because both would have tinker.

ok... mecha gnome druids.. uh yeah i'd roll run and I can't stand playing a druid.... but having them be basically "transformers" instead of the traditional druid shape shift would be awesome.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    They should at least have shaman lr something.
    If the goblins can, so can the mechagnomes.

Im sure they could build something to make the elements obey them

Heck: Azerite-shaman
    I mean they could say MechaGnomes are shamans by making deals with the elements to help with their enhancements. Fire eles to heat metal and wind eles to charge capacitors etc

5+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnomes need class druid, just to hide ***** body without full body modification. PLEASE!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.