[Classic] does dire maul not give mages ANY loot?

So I know we get our upgraded water, that’s cool and everything, but what other reason do we have to run this dungeon!
    None of the gear in there is even pre raid bis! And even the class trinket for mages looks terrible.
    Is there any reason for mages to run this other than solo gold farming/ getting the buffs from tribute run.
    I’m just looking for a reason to be excited about new content but looks like mages get the short end of the stick here.
    Cheers

The staff from tribute run is decent if you dont have raid loot yet.

Bracers from first boss in dm north if you don't have frozen wrath or t1 bracers, that's it. Staff is either a little worse or on par with witchblade + aquamentas offhand. It also opens up +8 spell damage enchants to head/pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold from selling Furor's and enchant librams.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by chaseg22 View Post
    So I know we get our upgraded water, that’s cool and everything, but
    What do you mean "but" ? This is a game changer, we get the best possible water in the game outside Argent Dawn (which needs Exalted and costs money) earlier than expected ! I am already going crazy from regenerating mana at a snail's pace, getting the best option right away is amazing !

Also, gold farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    What do you mean "but" ? This is a game changer, we get the best possible water in the game outside Argent Dawn (which needs Exalted and costs money) earlier than expected ! I am already going crazy from regenerating mana at a snail's pace, getting the best option right away is amazing !

Also, gold farming.
    Gold farming isnt working from what im hearing. Im not going to bother doing DM going to continue to level my Alt as that looks like a better use of my time. Like everyone else said Blizzard gave mage very small reason to do DM. Water isnt even a priority for me as im used to the crappy water so i dont have the perspective of fast water yet.

That's pretty much it, regarding DM for mages: lvl 55 water(witch is amazing for everyone), bracers from first or 3rd(4th) boss in DM North and tribute staff.

Problem is that when it comes to trinkets/rings/weapons from pre raid content, the options are extremely limited for mages and other casters, even healers.
    Atleast for my priest there are a large amount of upgrades i could get from DM all wings

The crit neck from hydrospawn (DM:E) is a very decent alternative to the +hit neck from strat live.