Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Culture effects *everything*. How you dress, how you move and behave, how you pick cars and how you drive, etc. Cops are human and therefore they don't have any choice but to interpret all those observational cues when deciding who to stop.
    Obvious question if culture is so important, how are cops magically able to tell "culture" from skin color? Your thinking is illogical just like white people being black encompasses thousands of cultures you are simply deflecting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Obvious question if culture is so important, how are cops magically able to tell "culture" from skin color? Your thinking is illogical just like white people being black encompasses thousands of cultures you are simply deflecting.
    Culture isn't genetic so how could they not tell them apart? Two seperate sources of interpretation and possible bias.

Culture isn't genetic so how could they not tell them apart? Two seperate sources of bias.
    In reverse your logic means that you think that black cultures are inherently more violent and prone to crime.

7+ Year Old Account
    In reverse your logic means that you think that black cultures are inherently more violent and prone to crime.
    Exactly this, when it comes to the US. It's entirely cultural and not genetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the ones I mentioned because they all add up to the level of resistance you will have to the cops. That resistance is never caused by skin color and is the easiest way to get shot.
    So unarmed non-attacking individuals are at fault for being shot. Seriously just how badly trained are your police forces?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Exactly this, when it comes to the US. It's entirely cultural and not genetic.
    Thanks for admitting your racism, I appreciate your honesty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for admitting your racism, I appreciate your honesty.
    lol? I specifically said it's not genetic. I'm not a cultural relativist so that means you could call it "culturism". Which is fine.

Btw no culture is perfect, they all have unlimited capacity to improve.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-10-12 at 10:51 AM.

lol? I specifically said it's not genetic. I'm not a cultural relativist so that means you could call it "culturalism". Which is fine.

Btw no culture is perfect, they all have unlimited capacity to improve.
    Your thesis is simple no need to back out now we shouldn't take the data at face value because black cultures which are thousands are far more prone to violence and crime. I am going to take a wild guess and say your real life experience of black culture is rather limited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your thesis is simple no need to back out now we shouldn't take the data at face value because black cultures which are thousands are far more prone to violence and crime. I am going to take a wild guess and say your real life experience of black culture is rather limited.
    I was only talking about US black culture which hasn't been able to improve as fast due to history. There's nothing controversial here unless you're a relativist.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-10-12 at 10:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was only talking about US black culture which hasnt been able to improve as fast due to history. There's nothing controversial here unless you're a relativist.
    Could you be any vaguer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're all kissing China's ring.

Our houses are filled with appliances either fully or partially made in China. My iPad and MacBook has "assembled in China" written on their backs, my Galaxy S8 has parts built in Chinese factories and my PC for sure has plenty of stuff in it coming from over there and even if by sheer miracle it's not, I certainly am not scanning the components to make sure they are not made in China.

And we can't do shit about it either.

I was only talking about US black culture which hasnt been able to improve as fast due to history. There's nothing controversial here unless you're a relativist.
    US black culture is also very diverse even more than any other country due to the sheer amount of immigrants we accept. I really wasn't being sarcastic when I said I appreciated your honesty on your racism.

7+ Year Old Account
    US black culture is also very diverse even more than any other country due to the sheer amount of immigrants we accept.
    I was only talking about the black cultural groups that produce high crime rates.

I really wasn't being sarcastic when I said I appreciated your honesty on your racism.
    There's nothing genetic about this issue.

Genes & race =/= memes & culture

They are two entirely seperate things.

I was only talking about the black cultural groups that produce high crime rates.

There's nothing genetic about this issue.

Genes & race =/= memes & culture

They are two entirely seperate things.
    Are you so daft as to not realize the contradiction with your statement you said BLACK culture, how is that not racial?

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you so daft as to not realize the contradiction with your statement you said BLACK culture, how is that not racial?
    It's the culture of people who happen to be black, but their black pigments never determines culture.

It's the culture of people who happen to be black, but their black pigments never determines culture.
    /facepalm

You know you don't need to backtrack you came out of the racist closet mazel tov, we've gone way off topic here and I was fine ending it with your admission.

7+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

You know you don't need to backtrack you came out of the racist closet mazel tov, we've gone way off topic here and I was fine ending it with your admission.
    You do realize culture is entirely seperate from race, correct? It's the reason why anyone can be a Westerner regardless of race, because it's purely about memes.

You do realize culture is entirely seperate from race, correct? It's the reason why anyone can be a Westerner regardless of race, because it's purely about memes.
    Your thesis

Police brutality and scrutiny is warranted because black cultures are inherently more violent and prone to crime and you somehow don't think that's racist. You know the first step towards improving as a person is admitting you have a problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your thesis

Police brutality and scrutiny is warranted because black cultures are inherently more violent and prone to crime and you somehow don't think that's racist. You know the first step towards improving as a person is admitting you have a problem.
    No, for police the correct action is always to treat people as *individuals*. That doesn't mean racial statistics will ever be 1:1 though. Thinking that race is the main causal factor for any differential is the correlation-causation fallacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most ironic thing out of all of this is that Trump and his Zombie fans are acting just like China when they attack athletes for exercising their right to protest. Hell, many of them even supported the NFL barring Kaepernick, and boycotted Nike when they endorsed him. Donald Trump and the right in this country wanted to finacially destroy a guy just becuse he was protesting police brutality which is his right under the constitution that right wing "patriots" supposedly worship.

You don't get more anti-American than that.