Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I just want one thing for Pandaren DKs - Icy Cloud Serpents replacement for Breath of Sindragosa

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    we do mix powers all the time though, death is not the opposite of light and void, so in this case there is no problem,
    It's not that simple though. Warlocks wield Shadow magic, but their bodies are usually Fel warped. The Titans are arcane based but can wield the attribute nearest them like Life. However, both examples here are still first and foremost very clearly based in one aspect.

Melding powers in a mortal like this in such a 50/50 fashion doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but didn't heard they were battalion either, more like an a rmy, but we don't know if they have much numbers
    They rose a lot of Death Knights, you even kill one or two during your death knight "training".

but now it could be just an elite squad, we know that blizzard give 2 shits about numbers on those things
    We have void elves, so that much is true, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It's not that simple though. Warlocks wield Shadow magic, but their bodies are usually Fel warped. The Titans are arcane based but can wield the attribute nearest them like Life. However, both examples here are still first and foremost very clearly based in one aspect.

Melding powers in a mortal like this in such a 50/50 fashion doesn't really make sense.
    why not? the titans can also be corrupted with void, they can be undead, or become "demons" or at lest fel infused.

we mix void and light on our weapons in 7.3. those guys died and the Lk resurrect then, can't see a problem.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Draenei Deathknight. Almost every single AR makes about as much or more sense as that. If some Draenei accidentially stumbled through the Dark Portal and then up from the Blasted Lands towards the eastern plaguelands, then some inhabitant of the south seas could have easily done as well. Heck we know that the LK was on the broken isles, even some nightborne wretch could be explained and it wouldn't be as stupid.
    Draenei DKs make sense because Draenei were present during the Northrend expedition that took place during prepatch to try to halt all the fucking Andorhal grain going to every capital city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Highly doubt it is what people think it is.

No chance there are LF or VE DKs. No chance there are mechagnome DKs.

Panda DKs, I could see. And people thinking this is somehow bad lore are really bizarre. The LK has continued to be active so why the hell would he not be instructing people to make new DKs.
    Void Elves can be Warlocks, I don't see why not Death Knights as well, unless lore-wise all Void Elf Warlocks use void/shadow (Affliction) magic just like all Forsaken (and I assume Void Elf as well) Priests are Shadow lorewise.

Lightforged however I agree. If they are being raised through the Lich King, we can't even use Calia as an example of a Lightforged undead, since she was a special case. I feel like trying to raise a Lightforged through regular Scourge necromancy should either fail, revert the subject to a regular Draenei, or just cause some violent reaction (resulting in failure too). Or maybe they'll just have Lightforged Death Knights be in extra pain due to a body infused with the Light being animated through Shadow magic, because the edge wasn't enough yet with regular Death Knights.

Blizzard had quite the boner for giving Death Knights to every race until races that presented gameplay difficulties like Pandaren and Allied Races were added, but I don't feel like remaking the starting zone to allow for new DK combos is an excuse to give them to races like Lightforged. God knows Lightforged could use more class variety, but I don't think Death Knights fit them at all.

Anyway this is all speculation for now. It's not like anything is confirmed yet. But here's hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnome blood dk

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Mechagnome blood dk
    would still be squishy, just shorter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Void Elves can be Warlocks, I don't see why not Death Knights as well, unless lore-wise all Void Elf Warlocks use void/shadow (Affliction) magic just like all Forsaken (and I assume Void Elf as well) Priests are Shadow lorewise.
    Yes, Warlocks use void magic as part of their repertoire, but they aren't imbued with the magic as part of their existence. They wield it. Death Knights are infused with death magic. We have yet to see if it is even possible to be 1) imbued with void magic to the extent a VE is and 2) also imbued with death magic to the extent all DKs are. And if that actually is possible, why would that not just create some sort of impossible mega superman who is untethered to a single reality and beyond death? They'd be nigh invincible and certainly on a level way above their compatriots or mere mortals.

imo joke races shouldnt be able to be DKs (they shouldnt exist in the first place but hey)

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The new expansion should be associated with the new Lich King (Bolvar) so we can see new races with DK classes
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Plot twist: they're textures for a new Pandaren DK NPC newly created by Bolvar, we don't get to play Panda DKs
    Actually it’s listed in the preorder bonuses for shadowlands, so they will be playable.