Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Boring troll thread *yawn*

It's been hours, why haven't the mods locked this already?
    Boring troll comment *yawn*.

It's been minutes, why haven't the mods banned your account?

If you have nothing productive to say, don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I’ll take quality over quantity.
    Agreed, I would rather play WOD because the quality of my character was beyond my expectations but there was little to no content. Now BFA is basically the polar opposite of WOD, terrible classes, too much content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because Dragon Soul was so good?
    Gurthlak sword + arms warrior + bladestorm = tentacles, it was pretty fun, that's all that mattered.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-10-11 at 03:58 AM.

I mean despite this being written by one of the resident complainers (sometimes for good reason), it's obvious that the art team is working on the next expansion now, the rest of the stuff is the usual amount for something this late into an expansion.

I wouldn't say "abandoned" - that would imply that the expansion is cut off earlier than expected. WoD was like this, since it ended with Tanaan earlier than most other expansions. The fact that there is an 8.3 (with new Allied Races, a raid, and other content) means it isn't abandoned. People said much the same about Argus, using the same logic, since it looked similar to most other areas we had seen in Legion and WoD with fel assets.

I do think the final raid (and the Ny'alotha invasions in the Vale and Uldum) are somewhat lazy, and remind me of Dragon Soul reusing places/assets already from the expansions prior. This could indicate that they're working harder on 9.0, so they cut corners on 8.3. But that's not a definitive statement until we actually see what 9.0 has to offer.

This should be more framed as "I think 8.3 is lazy" or "I don't like the way 8.3 is shaping up" - it can't be abandoned and have content (like a raid/world boss) added at the same time. Especially since this has about the same amount of raids, patches, and bosses as most other recent expansions.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No the Mage Tower comparison was made to dupe people into thinking it would be comparable. When in reality, the only thing similar is that it can be done solo. As you can see on PTR it's nothing like the Mage Tower.

Shocker - 90% of the game can be done solo.
    To quote Ion:

"Ever since the Mage Tower in Legion, we've been looking for a way to provide a more satisfying solo progression experience, and a real challenge you can work towards on your own without needing a group... This is an experience you can go into entirely solo and work your way through"
    The Mage Tower comparison is perfectly suitable in terms of the content goals. Solo-designed content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Boring troll comment *yawn*.

It's been minutes, why haven't the mods banned your account?

If you have nothing productive to say, don't say it.

Agreed, I would rather play WOD because the quality of my character was beyond my expectations but there was little to no content. Now BFA is basically the polar opposite of WOD, terrible classes, too much content.

Gurthlak sword + arms warrior + bladestorm = tentacles, it was pretty fun, that's all that mattered.
    The bias around here is astounding isn't it?

I'd take WoD any day of the week over this garbage.

WoD = not enough content but a willingness to fucking play my character because it was fun.

BfA = over abundance of boring ass checklist content with terrible fucking class design to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

Genuine question do you think they abandoned wrath because icc was mostly reused stuff? Or cata because dragon soul was? Or mop because of the barrens an SoO?

Looking at past expans 8.3 seems par for the course with only tbc and legion standing out as different.

Every time I come to WoW Forums of any sort, I remember 5 minutes later why I don't browse WoW Forums: the cringe from reading the shit from wannabe meta critics is too real.

It gets annoying how every fat nerd believes their subjective opinions are "proven facts"

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    To quote Ion:

The Mage Tower comparison is perfectly suitable in terms of the content goals. Solo-designed content.
    "To provide a more satisfying solo progression experience".

When I read the above statement, coupled with the fact that he directly mentioned the Mage Tower; do you know what I think of?

Marginally hard solo content. That's not to say that the Mage Tower wasn't hilariously easy because of out gearing it.

There's nothing hard about the Visions(so far). Your legendary cloak allows you to stay longer, which you upgrade through time gated farming. Your research tree makes everything stupidly easier.

They weren't specifically designed to test your actual skills.
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i do agree to an extent.

the writing feels so fast and rushed, like they want to move on to the actual story they're telling, the sylvanas/death stuff of 9.0.
    This is something I can agree with. My friend came up with the idea that because they had the story set before golden started working on it that she tried to get them to rush it as what they had planned was a train wreck.

Doesn’t seem to far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean despite this being written by one of the resident complainers (sometimes for good reason), it's obvious that the art team is working on the next expansion now, the rest of the stuff is the usual amount for something this late into an expansion.
    Kind words. I'd say most of the team has moved over at this point.

I wasn't only talking about re-used assets. I was talking about re-used assets coupled with boring re-used features. Some of which have very little improvement or iteration.

The invasions have been described as "outdoor islands". I mean, really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I wouldn't say "abandoned" - that would imply that the expansion is cut off earlier than expected. WoD was like this, since it ended with Tanaan earlier than most other expansions. The fact that there is an 8.3 (with new Allied Races, a raid, and other content) means it isn't abandoned. People said much the same about Argus, using the same logic, since it looked similar to most other areas we had seen in Legion and WoD with fel assets.

I do think the final raid (and the Ny'alotha invasions in the Vale and Uldum) are somewhat lazy, and remind me of Dragon Soul reusing places/assets already from the expansions prior. This could indicate that they're working harder on 9.0, so they cut corners on 8.3. But that's not a definitive statement until we actually see what 9.0 has to offer.

This should be more framed as "I think 8.3 is lazy" or "I don't like the way 8.3 is shaping up" - it can't be abandoned and have content (like a raid/world boss) added at the same time. Especially since this has about the same amount of raids, patches, and bosses as most other recent expansions.
    I completely agree with you. I framed the title of the thread wrong.

I think 8.3 is lazy and has cut corners because they're entirely focused on fixing the game for 9.0.

Blizzcon is going to be huge for them. If only they hadn't shot themselves in the foot 2 days ago.

"To provide a more satisfying solo progression experience".

When I read the above statement, coupled with the fact that he directly mentioned the Mage Tower; do you know what I think of?

Marginally hard solo content. That's not to say that the Mage Tower wasn't hilariously easy because of out gearing it.

There's nothing hard about the Visions(so far). Your legendary cloak allows you to stay longer, which you upgrade through time gated farming. Your research tree makes everything stupidly easier.

They weren't specifically designed to test your actual skills.
    Exactly, so the content goal is the same. Content that can 100% be completed on your own.

Over time you outgeared the MT and the content was easier. Over time you will upgrade your cloak, titan research bullshit thing and the content will become easier.

Regardless of whether you think it's hard enough for you is irrelevant to the goal of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes they've abandoned BfA by making the best looking raid in the entire game with 12 bosses.
    It's just a raid and small one at that. Is a new raid every 6 months really the modern standard to which we hold Blizzard now, the company which has grown tenfold since what it was in 2002-2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Genuine question do you think they abandoned wrath because icc was mostly reused stuff? Or cata because dragon soul was? Or mop because of the barrens an SoO?

Looking at past expans 8.3 seems par for the course with only tbc and legion standing out as different.
    I think people just have this odd mentality of wanting the ending to have most of the content or something,like in legion we got argus for the ending,but now instead of getting the big land mass at the end...we got it a patch before,and if memory serves me right....people used to complain about this timeless island thing blizzard is doing,but now its bad that its missing

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's just a raid and small one at that. Is a new raid every 6 months really the modern standard to which we hold Blizzard now, the company which has grown tenfold since what it was in 2002-2005?
    How is it small?? What?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

I think 8.3 is lazy and has cut corners because they're entirely focused on fixing the game for 9.0..
    OMG the ptr has only been up for 4 days. Between that & a lot of players have been complaining they are no where near with Nazjatar of Mechagon which is fine because 8.3 won't be live for months, the release schedule is still on tract to be identical to Legion. Blizzcon 2017 revealed BFA & Previewed 7.3, even if it was already on the PTR. I mean the writing in BFA is shit, but as for content release schedule? I think they've been nailing. it. We don't even have half the raid encounters yet. Theres going to be freaking 12

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Hmm... it's not really always the same though. Unless you consider Garrosh+old god = Orcs of the past.
    WoD saw Legion luitenant > Legion head honchos.

So, it's dificult to have a rule with only one case but, it would mean old gods into void expansion? Lots of hints sugesting death though. Maybe a mix?
    No, he's taking the Garrosh + crazy iron star powered steampunk tech they build which Garrosh took the plans for with him to the past to make the Iron Horde what it was as the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How is it small?? What?
    I don't think he heard Ion say it was a 12 boss raid. He saw one build, the FIRST build, had only 5 bosses & thought the PTR cycle was done. How absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I think people just have this odd mentality of wanting the ending to have most of the content or something,like in legion we got argus for the ending,but now instead of getting the big land mass at the end...we got it a patch before,and if memory serves me right....people used to complain about this timeless island thing blizzard is doing,but now its bad that its missing
    Seems odd to hold legion as a the standard when they cut most of wod out to get that end result and pretty much every other expan shows that it doesn’t tend to go like legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't think he heard Ion say it was a 12 boss raid. He saw one build, the FIRST build, had only 5 bosses & thought the PTR cycle was done. How absurd.
    Nah, the OP just hates this expansion and will afford any opportunity to share with the world his super exciting and original opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

12 bosses isn’t small and the work that has gone into raiding has gone up ten fold from classic so it seems like a pretty reasonable standard.