Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's the Deaths of Chromie 2.0. Which is fine, DoC was decent solo content.
    With a mask, it's quite more challenging than Deaths of Chromie tbh. When it comes to difficulty, Mage Tower also had a fair number of specs that had a very easy time, I mean I oneshot unholy without proper keybinds.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

If the visions is a good solo instance with hard elements and limited cosmetic rewards like MT, it will manage to keep people subbed. The very fact of limited rewards managed to do that for me for the whole late spring and summer before BFA because I was leveling and gearing most of my alts for the artifact mogs. If not for that I'd never touch any of my alts and would probably not renew my sub until the expansion/prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    If the visions is a good solo instance with hard elements and limited cosmetic rewards like MT, it will manage to keep people subbed. The very fact of limited rewards managed to do that for me for the whole late spring and summer before BFA because I was leveling and gearing most of my alts for the artifact mogs. If not for that I'd never touch any of my alts and would probably not renew my sub until the expansion/prepatch.
    On the cosmetic rewards for Visions, it offers the Legendary version for the essences tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I think people just have this odd mentality of wanting the ending to have most of the content or something,like in legion we got argus for the ending,but now instead of getting the big land mass at the end...we got it a patch before,and if memory serves me right....people used to complain about this timeless island thing blizzard is doing,but now its bad that its missing
    I think this is due to the fact that historically speaking - the longest and worst content droughts are experienced in the last tier. Obviously.

So why is it a crime to expect decent *new* content that isn't just completely rehashed when we're probably looking at a solid 8-12 month drought. Which should probably be longer if they actually want 9.0 to be good. Lord knows they rushed the shit out of BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's just a raid and small one at that. Is a new raid every 6 months really the modern standard to which we hold Blizzard now, the company which has grown tenfold since what it was in 2002-2005?
    - "Biggest WoW team ever."
    - 14 years.
    - Billions of dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

Yeah pretty much nothing about 8.3 looks at all interesting. I couldn't care less about this stupid legendary cloak shit, don't want it, don't want to grind another arbitrary gate system. I don't have the patience for more arbitrary time gates. Visions look completely stupid and pointless, and just like you said - basically withered training/MoP Scenarios.

I don't think I'll ever play another Blizzard game after what they did with Blitzchung and the regards to China/Hong Kong. Also, all the classes still suck to play and aren't interesting or fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't think he heard Ion say it was a 12 boss raid. He saw one build, the FIRST build, had only 5 bosses & thought the PTR cycle was done. How absurd.
    Thanks for reading the original post in it's entirety and responding with a completely reasonable and rational response. /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    On the cosmetic rewards for Visions, it offers the Legendary version for the essences tied to it.
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING REWARD.

You get a cosmetic spell effect for an AZERITE ability. You know - the system that will be deleted in 9.0 in 10 months.

GENIUS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    A cosmetic reward for a spell that will be deleted as soon as the next expansion launches.

Incredible design Ion. 10/10.
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    They admitted "live on tape" that azerite and islands were shit and failed systems in Q&A
    Like thats everything that someone needs to know
    He also admitted live on tape that they fucking failed Class Design over the course of 2 expansions before finally cutting it's fucking head off in BfA.

But try telling that to the fanboys on here. They like to forget that little tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING REWARD.
    You get a cosmetic spell effect for an AZERITE ability. You know - the system that will be deleted in 9.0 in 10 months.
    GENIUS.
    Really cool isn't it? You need to complete the visions with all 5 masks which changes the playstyle a lot depending on which one you are wearing so it will be a blast getting it

I would be out of this forum after the 2nd time I was banned if not the first time, your fixation with BFA is starting to seem unhealty.

On topic, I indeed agree that I expected more of 8.3, and was a shock that nyalotha is a raid and that's it for nyalotha, on the other hand, in quantity and quality of content 8.2 was great, not like 7.2 that was pure garbage, and 7.3 was great (unpopular opinion) and I think 8.3 can be good althoug not great, and I'm not saying this because it doesn't have a new zone, just a feeling

If they do the TF rework be good... then this patch can be great, yeah

It's not what that content is, it's the continuation of the philosophy behind it, particularly time gating nonsense.

"This how we want you to play the game"

Expansions are planned out months and years in advance. They need to be to get all of the artwork, music and the rest done. If there's no new zone in 8.3 today then there was no new zone in 8.3 when the expansion was feature complete a couple of years ago.

Their development timelines on expansions aren't some big secret.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. (Mark Twain)

scarecrowz, one of the only smart people on these forums. these people hate him because he's right.

he's right, 8.3 is a lost cause. 1 raid, no new zone and some meme scenario withered training crap. this patch sucks donkey balls compared to 2.4, 3.3, 5.4, 6.2, 7.3. they're obviously working on the next expac because bfa was so poorly received for it's entire lifecycle.

Make items interesting again and il gladly come back.

The raid is looking good tbh, i really hope they don't fuck up n'zoth as i still have this mad resepct of a old god in its huge, devastating, nightmare form.

Il be watching the wf race but won't play the patch myself, bfa has brought too much frustration for me personally.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    True, most of their assets are reused which suggests the art team has moved on. The story is focusing on a side plot now that the main plot of the expansion is over. Overall the patch seems lacking in content and the story is mostly there to set up 9.0 from what I can tell.

8.3 is a filler patch. Hopefully it’ll be a fun filler patch.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    On topic, I indeed agree that I expected more of 8.3, and was a shock that nyalotha is a raid and that's it for nyalotha, on the other hand, in quantity and quality of content 8.2 was great, not like 7.2 that was pure garbage, and 7.3 was great (unpopular opinion) and I think 8.3 can be good althoug not great, and I'm not saying this because it doesn't have a new zone, just a feeling
    What did people expect Ny'alotha to be? It was always mentioned as a city before so you'd expect it to either be a small zone or a large instance. What 8.3 does with it is make it a parallel plane instead. In practice Uldum, Vale, SW, Orgrimmar are ALL Ny'alotha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    True, most of their assets are reused which suggests the art team has moved on. The story is focusing on a side plot now that the main plot of the expansion is over. Overall the patch seems lacking in content and the story is mostly there to set up 9.0 from what I can tell.

8.3 is a filler patch. Hopefully it’ll be a fun filler patch.
    There is a lot of new assets tied to Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Which is a good thing.

I know it's early days in the PTR but the realists among us know that PTR isn't used for feedback or major changes. Generally what you see in the first drop is what you're going to get.

The amount of re-used assets and "game features" in 8.3 is astounding. Not to mention the time-gating still in place with capped currencies and "research elements" that take weeks on end to complete.

Invasions return for a 3rd time and there's very little improvement.

The shiny new feature is "Visions". Which is just Stormwind and Org re-used with a "Withered Training" type content delivery. Ion tried to compare it to Mage Tower to ride off the back of that hype train. My guess is we're getting this instead of a new dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G--t8vfxWXA - for anyone who needs to see it for yourself. But it's all there on the PTR to try it out yourself, for those that will claim that you "can't form your own opinion and just listen to content creators".

My one hope is that the mediocre content coming in 8.3 is sign that they've moved the majority of the WoW team fully onto 9.0 and saving this game. Blizzcon can't come soon enough(but will be a shit show due to all the hilarious China stuff).
    Yeah, my first impression also was, that 8.3 would be Dragon Soul 2.0 with all assets copy-pasted from previous xpacks. But you know. Blizzard would "abandon 8.3 for 9.0", if they wouldn't release it at all. I don't know, what Blizzard really try to do in BFA. I guess, it's about trying new strategy - stretch xpack to prevent pre-9.0 content drought, hoping, that no content drought = no sub losses. Problem is - quality of content is terrible. It really looks like Blizzard has completely new team, that doesn't have 15 years of experience and therefore makes all bad mistakes again. BFA is basically MOP 2.0. And while some people say, that MOP is best xpack ever made, I want to remind you, that back then this xpack was considered to be extremely terrible, badly designed and it had lost exactly the same amount of subs, as Cata. It was xpack, that I skipped almost entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    scarecrowz, one of the only smart people on these forums. these people hate him because he's right.

he's right, 8.3 is a lost cause. 1 raid, no new zone and some meme scenario withered training crap. this patch sucks donkey balls compared to 2.4, 3.3, 5.4, 6.2, 7.3. they're obviously working on the next expac because bfa was so poorly received for it's entire lifecycle.
    How on earth is it less than 2.4 or 5.4? It is FOUR zones redesigned extensively and a substantial raid. 2.4 and 5.4 had a small zone and a raid. 7.3 was there to make up for 7.2 being crap and 6.2 had a zone that was ready for launch.

have you all even bothered to play this on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post

You got 2 new fucking zones in 8.2. Let's forget that right? Did you get new zones in every major patch in the other expansions?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's the Deaths of Chromie 2.0. Which is fine, DoC was decent solo content.
    Which lasted how long?.... Lol
    Compared to mage tower?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    You got 2 new fucking zones in 8.2. Let's forget that right? Did you get new zones in every major patch in the other expansions?
    Gnome zone was lackluster and may have well been copy paste with a few structures placed.

Naga zone was better than Argus? I guess...yay?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM