Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    *scratches head*

    Do you realise that they build the next expansion *alongside* the current one unfolding?

    I assume you believe that companies prepare for Easter weeks in advance rather than months.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They've stooped to the lowest levels according to who? Fanboys?

    Preach for one - isn't even monetized. So let's here your next excuse as to why he would criticize Blizzards design choices. Could it be that he's played this game for 15 years, loves it and wishes for it to be better?

    Bellular used to be known as a bit of a shill. Why would a man who helped create official beginner tutorial videos be suddenly deadpanning the games moronic design decisions for no reason? Could it be that the expansion is just shit?
    Fanboys?

    No. Stoop to the lowest levels by dwelling in the same negative pile because it's the only content they can come up with. WoW is their only content, and they shitpost more than 3 videos a week. How's that for fanboyism?

    Not monetized my ass. If you can't see past the clickbait titles then I'm not surprised you still follow them. It's tailored to starving vultures and Nancies.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-10-14 at 03:39 PM.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    How can we put the least amount of effort in whilst simultaneously drawing out our players time and money. Most are hopelessly addicted anyway so they'll take anything.
    Thats pretty much how they design most of the patches. 8.1 an 8.1.5 were mostly fixing launch garbage content, bug fixes and tuning with about 15mins of storyline thrown in. 8.2 was Wows only real patch and 8.2.5 was similar to the 8.1.5 patch with basically nothing to offer.. 8.3 just looks like Blizzard is tripling down on everything the player dislikes while not really actually adding anything..

    But hey, "Biggest Team In Wows History!"

  4. #284
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats pretty much how they design most of the patches. 8.1 an 8.1.5 were mostly fixing launch garbage content, bug fixes and tuning with about 15mins of storyline thrown in. 8.2 was Wows only real patch and 8.2.5 was similar to the 8.1.5 patch with basically nothing to offer.. 8.3 just looks like Blizzard is tripling down on everything the player dislikes while not really actually adding anything..

    But hey, "Biggest Team In Wows History!"
    8.1 was comparable or larger to most wow patches.

    It added,

    -A comply new warfront.
    -Two new raids.
    -A comply remade dark shore with new rare’s, WQ’s and story quest.
    -new war campaign quest.
    -new heritage armour quest.
    -new N’Zoth quest.
    -updates brawlers guild.
    -assaults.

    Just because you don’t like the content doesn’t make
    It not a patch.

  5. #285
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    nah, its pretty much a place for negative comments and making fun of people with positive opinions. which is why this place is slowly dying. have fun!
    Nope, it's a place for positive comments as well, yours for example. Assuming they were actually positive...
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats pretty much how they design most of the patches. 8.1 an 8.1.5 were mostly fixing launch garbage content, bug fixes and tuning with about 15mins of storyline thrown in. 8.2 was Wows only real patch and 8.2.5 was similar to the 8.1.5 patch with basically nothing to offer.. 8.3 just looks like Blizzard is tripling down on everything the player dislikes while not really actually adding anything..

    But hey, "Biggest Team In Wows History!"
    "Biggest team is WoWs history"

    "15 years"

    "Billions of dollars"

    As you said - all 8.1 did was attempt to flesh out an already weak expansion. 8.3 is also a joke content wise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Fanboys?

    No. Stoop to the lowest levels by dwelling in the same negative pile because it's the only content they can come up with. WoW is their only content, and they shitpost more than 3 videos a week. How's that for fanboyism?

    Not monetized my ass. If you can't see past the clickbait titles then I'm not surprised you still follow them. It's tailored to starving vultures and Nancies.
    You mean Preach. The same guy that was invited to share his notes and ideas on how to improve this game? The same guy who regularly tests their raids for them on PTRs?

    Yeah sure. Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    "Biggest team is WoWs history"

    "15 years"

    "Billions of dollars"

    As you said - all 8.1 did was attempt to flesh out an already weak expansion. 8.3 is also a joke content wise.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You mean Preach. The same guy that was invited to share his notes and ideas on how to improve this game? The same guy who regularly tests their raids for them on PTRs?

    Yeah sure. Dude has no idea what he's talking about.
    The irony of criticizing appeal to authority while falling to that exact bias.

  8. #288
    I've had time to think about this now and have a playtest on the PTR, and while I wouldn't say "abandoned" I would say that they have 'shifted their attention' to the next expansion, or likely have allocated significantly more resources to 9.0 than they are leaving on BfA.

    The new raid is fantastic, however. Well from what we've seen anyway. The aesthetics are great, and 12 bosses is epic.

    I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, I just hope the alpha and beta testing feedback for 9.0 is actually taken on board this time around. 8.0 testing was a complete clusterfuck

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    8.1 was comparable or larger to most wow patches.

    It added,

    -A comply new warfront.
    -Two new raids.
    -A comply remade dark shore with new rare’s, WQ’s and story quest.
    -new war campaign quest.
    -new heritage armour quest.
    -new N’Zoth quest.
    -updates brawlers guild.
    -assaults.

    Just because you don’t like the content doesn’t make
    It not a patch.
    - A Warfront that happened every other week, with a reward structure 35lvls below what I was wearing an ugly transmog. Not to mention it was a no lose scenario. Its content that wasn't designed for a Heroic/Mythic raider.
    - 1 raid came out 6 weeks later and the other about 3 months after that. At some point you have to stop considering it part of a patch. Wows 15th Ann is similar, part of a patch a few months before it unlocks..
    - Another event that pops up every other week. After about 10mins the rares were done til next reset and outside the Ap there was no point to go there. As I didn't need the daily or WQ rewards.
    - As for the story quest, it was less then 10min and hasn't been touched since.
    - The War Campaign was another set of quests that took less then 10mins.
    - I play a NE Druid and I dont have the other 2 chars. You would think with the destruction of the NE homeland we would get the first dibs at the Heritage armor.
    - N'Zoth Was a very small quest chain.
    - Brawlers Guild was the only thing outside of BoD that was interesting..
    - Assaults were incursions with the same issues.

    So basically it was No Warfront/Darkshore, No Raid, No Heritage Armor, No N'Goth quest chain (cause that launched around the CoS raid time frame) and no Assaults. So all you are really left with is the mini story quests and an odd thing here and there..

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    So basically it was No Warfront/Darkshore, No Raid, No Heritage Armor, No N'Goth quest chain (cause that launched around the CoS raid time frame) and no Assaults. So all you are really left with is the mini story quests and an odd thing here and there..
    Eh, just because you did not want to do any of the content does not mean it stops existing. Solipsism is not a legitimate philosophy you know.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Which is a good thing.

    I know it's early days in the PTR but the realists among us know that PTR isn't used for feedback or major changes. Generally what you see in the first drop is what you're going to get.

    The amount of re-used assets and "game features" in 8.3 is astounding. Not to mention the time-gating still in place with capped currencies and "research elements" that take weeks on end to complete.

    Invasions return for a 3rd time and there's very little improvement.

    The shiny new feature is "Visions". Which is just Stormwind and Org re-used with a "Withered Training" type content delivery. Ion tried to compare it to Mage Tower to ride off the back of that hype train. My guess is we're getting this instead of a new dungeon.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G--t8vfxWXA - for anyone who needs to see it for yourself. But it's all there on the PTR to try it out yourself, for those that will claim that you "can't form your own opinion and just listen to content creators".

    My one hope is that the mediocre content coming in 8.3 is sign that they've moved the majority of the WoW team fully onto 9.0 and saving this game. Blizzcon can't come soon enough(but will be a shit show due to all the hilarious China stuff).
    IF Blizzard acknowledges that the thing with blitzchung was due to not wanting to hurt things with China financially, i think that would reduce some of the damage control. *I would think*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nope, it's a place for positive comments as well, yours for example. Assuming they were actually positive...
    Yep yep. Ppl need to stop being so dam negative and post positive comments/threads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Perhaps...9.0 could be the expac where Blizz redeems themselves and brings back players en mass
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    IF Blizzard acknowledges that the thing with blitzchung was due to not wanting to hurt things with China financially, i think that would reduce some of the damage control. *I would think*

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yep yep. Ppl need to stop being so dam negative and post positive comments/threads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Perhaps...9.0 could be the expac where Blizz redeems themselves and brings back players en mass
    I think Blizzard is probably busy preparing another surprise announcement.

    Something huge like Warcraft 4(not really). Something that will really "redeem" them. They could easily show a 30 second trailer with a title like Bethesda did with Elder Scrolls 6.

    As it stands though - I think Blizzcon will be a total shit show.

  13. #293
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    - A Warfront that happened every other week, with a reward structure 35lvls below what I was wearing an ugly transmog. Not to mention it was a no lose scenario. Its content that wasn't designed for a Heroic/Mythic raider.
    - 1 raid came out 6 weeks later and the other about 3 months after that. At some point you have to stop considering it part of a patch. Wows 15th Ann is similar, part of a patch a few months before it unlocks..
    - Another event that pops up every other week. After about 10mins the rares were done til next reset and outside the Ap there was no point to go there. As I didn't need the daily or WQ rewards.
    - As for the story quest, it was less then 10min and hasn't been touched since.
    - The War Campaign was another set of quests that took less then 10mins.
    - I play a NE Druid and I dont have the other 2 chars. You would think with the destruction of the NE homeland we would get the first dibs at the Heritage armor.
    - N'Zoth Was a very small quest chain.
    - Brawlers Guild was the only thing outside of BoD that was interesting..
    - Assaults were incursions with the same issues.

    So basically it was No Warfront/Darkshore, No Raid, No Heritage Armor, No N'Goth quest chain (cause that launched around the CoS raid time frame) and no Assaults. So all you are really left with is the mini story quests and an odd thing here and there..
    Again all of that is you simply not liking it that doesn’t change rather it’s a patch or not.

    And ya there is a point when something becomes not part of a patch it’s when that thing is part of a different patch circle it being delayed But within the same patch still makes it part of
    That patch.

  14. #294
    I hope there is another dungeon in the works. Mechagon was great fun but we need a new dungeon with every raid tier IMO.

  15. #295
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I hope there is another dungeon in the works. Mechagon was great fun but we need a new dungeon with every raid tier IMO.
    Speaking of Mechagon, does anyone know if it's going to have M+/heroic versions?
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

  16. #296
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's the Deaths of Chromie 2.0. Which is fine, DoC was decent solo content.
    I hesitate to call it 2.0 when the original was better.

  17. #297
    Warchief msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I hope there is another dungeon in the works. Mechagon was great fun but we need a new dungeon with every raid tier IMO.
    Why they don't churn out dungeons is mind blowing to me. Nu Kara, Cathedral and Mechagon were all home runs for me. A big thing is you can address class weaknesses in dungeons by implementing good gear drops in them, but they don't even bother anymore.
    They also used to go all out on non-instanced dungeons. Jaedenaar in Felwood is a straight up dungeon, my go-to example of outdoor dungeons. Suramar also easily could have been an outdoor dungeon.

    They show so much laziness with their lack of creation in BFA, even with a roadmap to follow. Must be all those layoffs and cuts.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Speaking of Mechagon, does anyone know if it's going to have M+/heroic versions?
    It is in 8.3 I think. Same as they did with Kara, where they split it in two and made it into M+ and heroic versions.

    I honestly thing they should make more dungeon content. If they are worried about it taking away time making raids then make it share assets with the raids. That would cut down a lot of time.

    For me having the odd mega dungeon each xpac is greaat. I know its not realistic too have a lot of them, but having 1 at launch and another mega dungeon somewhere later on is great. The rest of the dungeons can be in the normal format for heroic and M+ use. They can also have them share assets so they can be more easily made imo.

  19. #299
    Herald of the Titans chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Again all of that is you simply not liking it that doesn’t change rather it’s a patch or not.

    And ya there is a point when something becomes not part of a patch it’s when that thing is part of a different patch circle it being delayed But within the same patch still makes it part of
    That patch.
    Actually, lots of things get put into the game in various patches. But Crucible of Storms did not release until after 8.1.5 so most people are not going to consider that an 8.1 raid as it was never playable during 8.1.

  20. #300
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Actually, lots of things get put into the game in various patches. But Crucible of Storms did not release until after 8.1.5 so most people are not going to consider that an 8.1 raid as it was never playable during 8.1.
    Did it get raid testing/changes past 8.1? I honestly don’t remember but if so then I’d say it’s fair not to count it as a 8.1 raid and count it as an 8.1.5 raid as it was still under development.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •